Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:46 PM   #3721
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
I can't activate the game

Here's what it says:

I pop in the disk, it asks if I want to install, select "yes", Origin starts up, and I'm stuck at the ****ing message. If I click retry it just stays there indefinitely.

Has anyone else had this problem ?
I am having the very same issues right now. Cant do ****.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.6GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:47 PM   #3722
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

ukhazard i have to ask. how come sometimes i see you playing under "ushazard" and sometimes under "ukhazard"?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:02 PM   #3723
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Suckers, i activated at lunchtime
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:06 PM   #3724
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
from that article:

no wonder they recommend fxaa and not msaa
That has to be a bit of a slap in the face for ati. MLAA it seems still needs a lot of work to say the least, despite appearing before fxaa..

Last edited by Gerard : Oct 27, 2011 at 01:15 PM.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:13 PM   #3725
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
That has to be a bit of a slap in the face for ati. MSAA it seems still needs a lot of work to say the least, despite appearing before fxaa..

You aren't understanding how they work

edit: or you are confusing MLAA
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:14 PM   #3726
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:15 PM   #3727
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
You aren't understanding how they work

edit: or you are confusing MLAA
Yeah MLAA.
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:26 PM   #3728
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This is a new feature, btw
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:35 PM   #3729
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Apparently Origin allows notification popups when nothing is going on. Because of the authentication problems, I just got a random Origin popup in the middle of my screen, letting me know there are problems and they're working on it. There's all the check boxes in the settings for notifications, which ones is for the annoying system messages?
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:40 PM   #3730
Ust
Radeon R300

Ust is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
Apparently Origin allows notification popups when nothing is going on. Because of the authentication problems, I just got a random Origin popup in the middle of my screen, letting me know there are problems and they're working on it. There's all the check boxes in the settings for notifications, which ones is for the annoying system messages?
I have disabled Origin "in-game" all together. There is also an option for that.
Ust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:45 PM   #3731
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

I fixed my mouse issue (XBox 360 controller caused it, ironic considering its a console game) but the game remain unplayable.

Punkbuster has gone apeshit and is f**king up every server it seems. Earlier I got kicked from every server -> update punkbuster manually and it worked for an hour, now its kicking instantly again. Just tried a dozen servers and failed to join any of them. I give up for the night.

Hope its stabilized to the weekend.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:46 PM   #3732
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
I have everything on Ultra except that Post AA thingy completely off.
Blurs the screen. No vsync either.
I played around with the visuals a bit and found I prefer:

All Ultra
MSAA Off
Post AA High
16x AF
Vsync on (120hz)

I tried no post AA with 2xMSAA and thought it actually looked worse than high post with no AA. 4xMSAA looked the best, but there was a hit to fps I didn't want.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:48 PM   #3733
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

my settings

Ultra
MSAA 4x
Post AA off
Motion Blur off
16xAF
vSync on (120hz)
1920x1080

Runs great!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:30 PM   #3734
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

origin activation servers are ****ed right now so no one can activate any keys on it - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...3975869869/42/

for those who don't have battlelog access - https://twitter.com/Battlefield/stat...40604203364353
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:33 PM   #3735
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The weirdest thing just happened to me, while still being alive, my viewpoint suddenly shifted to a third person view of someone on the other team.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:42 PM   #3736
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wow cheating is rampant in this game. Someone named ULTIMATEMUSCLE just watching him go it looked very sketchy. I reduced a few settings and the jaggies are gone.

Quote:
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:45 PM   #3737
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
origin activation servers are ****ed right now so no one can activate any keys on it - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...3975869869/42/

for those who don't have battlelog access - https://twitter.com/Battlefield/stat...40604203364353
Yeah, currently staring at the box. Very nice.
The Reloaded version worked fine, btw
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:48 PM   #3738
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

One of these days dev groups are gonna figure out that load testing DRM/Authentication servers is a Really Good Idea™.

It probably won't be anytime soon though.
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:55 PM   #3739
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Spastics. Guess i wont play today. It took 3 days after release until i was able to LOG IN for the first with BC2, lets see if BF3 and origin screws up even more.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.6GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:56 PM   #3740
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks like ea forgot that there are more pc gamers in europe than in the states.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:04 PM   #3741
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Looks like ea forgot that there are more pc gamers in europe than in the states.
Shens!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:08 PM   #3742
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
What's a europe? Is that a part of the U.S.?
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:10 PM   #3743
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Yes.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:10 PM   #3744
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
I wish, I'd drive there and get some sweet sweet healthcare.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:13 PM   #3745
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Scripted events for the win

john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:17 PM   #3746
Mangler
PC

I hate punkbuster, it's a buggy piece of **** software that should burn in hell.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:44 PM   #3747
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

ffs I keep getting disconnected

and the quick time events are starting to piss me off in the SP aswell, they really break immersion and theres so many of them

and LOL @ whats a europe? haha
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:45 PM   #3748
Mangler
PC

Mother****ing punkbuster y u no let me play the game
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:47 PM   #3749
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I was playing deathmatch earlier, spawned, started running then dead. "You have committed suicide" WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Quote:
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 03:48 PM   #3750
Evileh
Radeon Arctic Islands

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just update it manually. I did that after getting kicked and all is well so far.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote