Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:38 AM   #3571
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I've not bought the game, but from what I hear the maps are terribad and are totally unsuitable for 64 players.

Its as I knew it would be; design the maps for 24 player console, then just let the PC gamers suffer with it. PC lead platform? Pull the other one.

I'd actually love to see that map with the two construction ends and the tunnel in the middle have a small sided infantry only version on just one end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
I don't know if it's just my old eyes or something but there is so much to look at I have trouble spotting enemies sometimes. Running Ultra minus that post AA or something. Hate blurry picture.
I've said that before, the realism is hurting the game play. I've turned the effect slider all the way down and it was feeling better last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
saw some dolphin divers already, also cought a guy on my team exploiting the terrain, he just goes prone and shimmy himself inside a wall then proceeds to camp there the whole round, seems like half the people in pubs just lie there on their bellies doing nothing. I think putting prone in this game was a big mistake.

I've said that multiple times as well. Prone really sucks, and I hope hardcore will get the ability to turn it off.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:39 AM   #3572
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

platoon request put in... Impreza
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:24 AM   #3573
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
saw some dolphin divers already, also cought a guy on my team exploiting the terrain, he just goes prone and shimmy himself inside a wall then proceeds to camp there the whole round, seems like half the people in pubs just lie there on their bellies doing nothing. I think putting prone in this game was a big mistake.
This cannot be, he's part of the PC gaming master race that doesn't do stuff like that.

Also all the issues with the game make me giggle inside, a lot. PC gaming at its finest.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:55 AM   #3574
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

yea but look at the console, with fps drops to 15 fps or so, and ontop of it it's sub 720p and runs on the lowest graphics quality preset. consoles simply cannot handle this game. unless they watered down the graphics down even more, but even then the console CPU's are just to weak for this game. this really is a PC game 1st and console 2nd.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:04 PM   #3575
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Soooo...

BF2: Right, prone has been in the series all along, who cares
BC2: OMGWTF NO PRONE!!! THIS IS NO BATTLEFIELD GAME WITHOUT PRONE!!!!
BF3: OMGWTF PRONE RUIN THIS NOOB GAME!!!!!

dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:06 PM   #3576
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
It looks pretty, but the gameplay is as bad as it gets. There is no redeeming gameplay in the campaign at all. None. I felt like I was on one of those rides at Disney World or Universal Studios. You're always told what to do and how to do it and have absolutely zero freedom to play the way you want to. I'll never touch it again, that's for sure.
Cannot agree with that. While I have not finished the campaign I can tell you that it's not worthless. At least it's as good as any MW game or BC2.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:09 PM   #3577
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Soooo...

Prone + bipod + LMG = LOL DEAD SNIPURZ.

I love killing snipers long distance with an LMG because of the stupid lens glare off scopes.

You look into the hillside and you can easily spot 3 snipers from a far far distance.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 12:24 PM   #3578
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Soooo...

that is true, but after BC2 I really believe the lack of prone kept the pace of the game going.

off topic, but just popped into my head.. I remember a quake 1 anti-camp mod that after so long would call out the camper and draw a line to them

So we did all this platoon and friending, is there some of you that want to make a squad + vent and run around together?
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:15 PM   #3579
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
So we did all this platoon and friending, is there some of you that want to make a squad + vent and run around together?
I was under the impression that you can group/platoon chat while playing?
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:15 PM   #3580
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It can't all be bad. Some corners of the internet have been calling BF3 multiplayer a 'Call of Duty clone'.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:21 PM   #3581
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
I was under the impression that you can group/platoon chat while playing?

I haven't messed with it that much. I know the import friends from origin barely works, and when it does it makes you confirm all over again.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:33 PM   #3582
JesterOnYer6
Banned

JesterOnYer6 is still being judged by the masses

I am out of town working going to pick up the LE edition today and play it on Saturday when I get home, I can't wait!
JesterOnYer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:53 PM   #3583
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Overclocking doesn't seem to do a whole lot for you in this game, its the quad core cpu that you need.
What if I got a Core 2 Quad? It will have a lower CPU speed but do you think ill see over 30 fps?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:56 PM   #3584
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:19 PM   #3585
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

This is not the way it´s meant to be played, stuttering from hell for every/most 8/9/gtx2XX users, I can´t believe they dumped dx9 to give us this poorly executed dx10:

Last edited by lukilla : Oct 26, 2011 at 03:21 PM.
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:26 PM   #3586
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
This is not the way it´s meant to be played, stuttering from hell for every/most 8/9/gtx2XX users, I can´t believe they dumped dx9 to give us this poorly executed dx10:
I concur with a GTX285'er - massive FPS issues even on low settings (285.62) - apparently OLDER drivers might actually fix some of the issues but then would break other games.

Hurp derp. PC gaming at its finest.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:31 PM   #3587
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Quote:
This cannot be, he's part of the PC gaming master race that doesn't do stuff like that.

Also all the issues with the game make me giggle inside, a lot. PC gaming at its finest.
Why you so bitter Trolly McTrollenstein? Gtfo with your bitching and moaning.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:35 PM   #3588
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
I concur with a GTX285'er - massive FPS issues even on low settings (285.62) - apparently OLDER drivers might actually fix some of the issues but then would break other games.

45-50fps look like 15fps 80% of the time I wonder if Bobodka and Ego will defend Dice programmers this time.

Ps.- Older drivers break shadows and crash very often for me, and there is still some stuttering at times.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:43 PM   #3589
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
45-50fps look like 15fps 80% of the time I wonder if Bobodka and Ego will defend Dice programmers this time.

Ps.- Older drivers break shadows and crash very often for me, and there is still some stuttering at times.
Wat ?

First of all, what do I care how it runs for you ? Second of all, what does stuttering and frame skipping have to do with me ?
All I said it's the best looking game I have ever seen, that I had no idea my PC can do this, and now I come and also say that on my machine it runs beautifully from start to end.
Sucks you can't play it properly, but again, how is that related to me

Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:44 PM   #3590
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Honest question, is it the game or do the drivers need updated.

I've only had one crash and no other problems, so I don't know who to be 'son I am disappoint' at.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:56 PM   #3591
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Wat ?

First of all, what do I care how it runs for you ? Second of all, what does stuttering and frame skipping have to do with me ?
All I said it's the best looking game I have ever seen, that I had no idea my PC can do this, and now I come and also say that on my machine it runs beautifully from start to end.
Sucks you can't play it properly, but again, how is that related to me
Aren´t you one of those guys that like to defend lazy devs?, If not, well my mistake.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:59 PM   #3592
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Aren´t you one of those guys that like to defend lazy devs?, If not, well my mistake.
Aaah, I get it, I thought it was something I said in this thread.

Yep, that's me, defending lazy devs
Go work in their place and see if you can do better.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:00 PM   #3593
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Just going to say this, it runs fine for me on my sorry ass old system, so I don't think it can be the games fault. Got to be the drivers or something.

This game is great, I like that a lot of the features require(thinking about the scout and engineers unlocks which require it) teamwork, it seems everyone but assault needs teamwork, but assault can go off all rambo, they should do something about that, maybe you can't go prone as assault or you can't be the vehicle driver or something that actually forces them to play as a team. I am calling it out right now, assault is the new wookie recon
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:04 PM   #3594
Ego
I can't take this

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Just going to say this, it runs fine for me on my sorry ass old system, so I don't think it can be the games fault. Got to be the drivers or something.

This game is great, I like that a lot of the features require(thinking about the scout and engineers unlocks which require it) teamwork, it seems everyone but assault needs teamwork, but assault can go off all rambo, they should do something about that, maybe you can't go prone as assault or you can't be the vehicle driver or something that actually forces them to play as a team. I am calling it out right now, assault is the new wookie recon
Umm, you have a good machine, unless you lied in the system specs
Yeah, you can't create black holes with it, unlike some dudes on this forum, but still, it's a good PC, imo.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:23 PM   #3595
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

I do not like assault having the med pack. I want my ammo box back
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:24 PM   #3596
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3597
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Even with the complaints I have about the game (I still think it's fun), it runs almost flawlessly on my PC with everything on High settings and 4x AA/8x AF. Even on the largest maps with 64 players, my frame rate drops to 35-40 at the lowest. On other maps, I feel like I'm getting 50+ on average. There is no stuttering, skipping, or anything of that sort. It performs great. Below are a few gameplay videos I recorded and you can see how well the game performed for me even with Fraps taxing my CPU and hard drive:

Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3598
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't know if it's because the game has not been released in europe yet(officially), but I'm having zero issues with it.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:32 PM   #3599
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Aaah, I get it, I thought it was something I said in this thread.

Yep, that's me, defending lazy devs
Go work in their place and see if you can do better.
A job where I could get away with bad to mediocre results and be given months to fix/patch my mess... doesn´t sound bad.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:34 PM   #3600
acroig
Master Troll

acroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialacroig is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Same here. My oc'd 570 is running this great.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote