Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:52 PM   #3271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

dammit guys, we need to learn to read...

it says in the email
Quote:
*** preorder product ***
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:53 PM   #3272
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

sorry man, dunno what to say

it unlocked for me. i didn't actually buy the game either... was logged in to the origin account of a friend who did. wonder if he'll be able to unlock it
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 05:59 PM   #3273
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This sucks.. I want to play now.
I'm contemplating that VPN thing, but I just have a feeling that's bad news.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:01 PM   #3274
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
This sucks.. I want to play now.
I'm contemplating that VPN thing, but I just have a feeling that's bad news.
It's not, I've used a vpn to unlock games on eadm/origin and steam loads of times.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:03 PM   #3275
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

**** it, I'll give it a shot.

Is there a way to make a second "profile" or "soldier" under 1 account? My dad payed for the game, he wants to play under his own soldier and I'd like to play under a different one.
Is that possible? in BF:BC2 I had my own soldier and he had his own, it worked perfectly.. can that still be done though?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:06 PM   #3276
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

nope. one soldier per account.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:09 PM   #3277
Nunz
RIP Roxen

That is such ****ing bullshit..
So I'm seriously going to have to buy this game again? stupid..
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:11 PM   #3278
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Hmm, the game is supposed to be 3d vision ready. The keyboard drivers version isn't working with 3d though. I guess I'll wait to buy it until it is. It's weird, the option was in the beta.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:14 PM   #3279
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I'll let you know Pahn, I'm doing this VPN thing really quick and then downloading the new WHQLs.
I don't think it's going to run very well judging by everyone saying it's murdering their rigs. I'm going to finally have a reason to crank my cards up from stock to 800 though. Sweet.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:19 PM   #3280
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Huh?

"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:22 PM   #3281
dOoT
¿Qué?

dOoT is still being judged by the masses

I can has BF3?

My release date check says 3:00 am.... wtf.
dOoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:26 PM   #3282
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Got the game running, you guys have to go to Page 107 and look at one of Dave's post for the VPN hack to unlock the game.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:29 PM   #3283
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
is it working for anyone else is the question. it still might be region specific or something, who knows.
Not working for me I'm still getting the Release Date verification in the screenie above. Even when launching via the Battlelog browser.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:32 PM   #3284
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What an incredible looking game.
Seriously, it's probably the best looking game ever, me thinks.
I'm floored.

And the sound....****, each time the sniper fired in the first mission it actually shook me in my chair.

Astonishing what PC development and a ton of money can do.

Mind.blown.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:34 PM   #3285
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I joined an MP match, but there was no one in it
How did Dave and Evileh end up in a server with people??

Also, need to install the new WHQL's, cause I was getting micro-stutter just looking around waiting for people to join.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:36 PM   #3286
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

wait... have some of you got the vpn trick to work when you've already been told the unlock date was the 25th?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:38 PM   #3287
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Same, wondering what amazon's deal is. Unless there are distribution centers spread pretty far and wide.

I've ordered a couple things from Sporty's (flight learning supplies) and they've had it here next day using ground shipping. It was only crossing the state though.
So I lied about not reading this thread. My Amazon order just shipped fyi.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:43 PM   #3288
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

Subscriber

Never mind I went back and tried the VPN trick mentioned above, thanks Dave! It's working now.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:43 PM   #3289
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
wait... have some of you got the vpn trick to work when you've already been told the unlock date was the 25th?
Yeah, it works perfectly fine buddy.
Exit Origin, put the VPN into Internet Explorer. Launch Origin, go into Offline Mode. Launch BF3. I then went back into Online Mode with Origin, took out the VPN settings. Launched BF3 again, and....

It worked fine! booya.
Everything is working perfectly. Downloading the new WHQL's from nVidia now, and the latest MSI Afterburner.

Last edited by Nunz : Oct 24, 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:44 PM   #3290
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
What an incredible looking game.
Seriously, it's probably the best looking game ever, me thinks.
I'm floored.

And the sound....****, each time the sniper fired in the first mission it actually shook me in my chair.

Astonishing what PC development and a ton of money can do.

Mind.blown.
The sound can't be that good, ign only gave it a 9.5, mw2 got a 10!

Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:56 PM   #3291
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I'll let you know Pahn, I'm doing this VPN thing really quick and then downloading the new WHQLs.
I don't think it's going to run very well judging by everyone saying it's murdering their rigs. I'm going to finally have a reason to crank my cards up from stock to 800 though. Sweet.
Runs fine on ultra on one 570 in 2d at 1680x1050. Well, fine as in 40-70fps and no mins below 40, so sli or tri-sli should be fine in 3d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The sound can't be that good, ign only gave it a 9.5, mw2 got a 10!

The sound was actually pretty damned good from the little I tried it. I had to change the audio settings to home cinema and turn off enhanced stereo mix though.

I won't be touching the game again until 3d is finished being implemented as it would be just too awesome in 3d for me to pass up.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:57 PM   #3292
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Dunno why I keep reading this thread... I can't get any work done!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:05 PM   #3293
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Runs fine on ultra on one 570 in 2d at 1680x1050. Well, fine as in 40-70fps and no mins below 40, so sli or tri-sli should be fine in 3d.

The sound was actually pretty damned good from the little I tried it. I had to change the audio settings to home cinema and turn off enhanced stereo mix though.

I won't be touching the game again until 3d is finished being implemented as it would be just too awesome in 3d for me to pass up.
Yeah, I know it's good, dice is #1 in the sound department(imo), but no reviewers seems to acknowledge that.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:13 PM   #3294
Nunz
RIP Roxen

The game just crashed on me..
not sure if it's these terrible drivers or the game..
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:14 PM   #3295
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah, I know it's good, dice is #1 in the sound department(imo), but no reviewers seems to acknowledge that.
That sucks, the sound is one of the best things about it.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:19 PM   #3296
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

game. of. the. decade.

seriously this game is bad ass. been chilling with evileh in multiplayer for about 2 hours. amazing
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:22 PM   #3297
Mangler
PC

So, does the conquest version of operation metro also suck?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:27 PM   #3298
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
So, does the conquest version of operation metro also suck?
it can turn one sided pretty quickly and usually does end up in a choke point at the ticket area. can be fun though. ive done maybe 3 games of metro conquest and not one of them left the subway system lol
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:33 PM   #3299
Evileh
Radeon Arctic Islands

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

I don't die as much as I use to in bad company 2. lol. Fun ass matches dave. You should be in the voice server with me and my dad. I'm screaming holy **** holy **** holy **** all the time. lmao.

On another note. Some of the people playing really don't know how to use tactics lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:35 PM   #3300
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I don't die as much as I use to in bad company 2. lol. Fun ass matches dave. You should be in the voice server with me and my dad. I'm screaming holy **** holy **** holy **** all the time. lmao.

On another note. Some of the people playing really don't know how to use tactics lol.

hey hiding behind the crates throwing out medkits trying to capture the flag while being shelled on is a valid tactic