Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 10, 2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Default Battlefield 3

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/48...ld-3-Confirmed

Quote:
"I've had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE in Sweden and was highly impressed by the way the team is working on that product," he said. "Of course, that's not [coming out] in the fiscal year, but that is a product that is looking very good."
Old Jun 10, 2009, 04:54 PM   #2
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

If it's a PC exclusive I'll be interested.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Pirate Neilsouth

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
If it's a PC exclusive I'll be interested.
Apparantly its multiplatform
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 10, 2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Double damn't.

Don't they know all they have to do is remake BF1942 *exactly* as it was, just with updated graphics and they will sell millions? Ugh...
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 05:20 PM   #5
Lifestealer
Radeon R520

Lifestealer is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Double damn't.

Don't they know all they have to do is remake BF1942 *exactly* as it was, just with updated graphics and they will sell millions? Ugh...

BF1943 should be like that(hope so) except with only a few maps.
Lifestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 06:31 PM   #6
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifestealer View Post
BF1943 should be like that(hope so) except with only a few maps.
BF1943 is nothing like BF1942, but it does look pretty neat for a cheap time-waster.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 07:46 PM   #7
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Double damn't.

Uh... except with real WS support.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 08:06 PM   #8
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i am sick of WW2 stuff.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 04:54 PM   #9
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Double damn't.

quoted for truth.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 05:19 PM   #10
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

I hope they actually put it some working hit boxes in this one...
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 07:28 PM   #11
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
A multiplatform Battlefield game...

The game is not even worth the server space this thread is taking.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 09:26 AM   #12
Grand Poobah
Radeon R600

Grand Poobah is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Who says?
Grand Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2009, 09:28 AM   #13
Pirate Neilsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Poobah View Post
Who says?
Jesus
Old Jun 11, 2009, 09:38 AM   #14
Grand Poobah
Radeon R600

Grand Poobah is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Jesus
Did he offer you a free burrito as well?
Grand Poobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:43 PM   #15
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

hopefully it'll be set in Korea. it's time to let WW2 die peacfully

nothing in life is real. so, if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:39 AM   #16
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
no.

it will be slightly higher than BC2 i think..
Gonna be a little more than slightly.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:48 AM   #17
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

maximally slightly?
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:38 AM   #18
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There are estimates though
http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/

Quote:
While the Frostbite 2.0 engine has a lot of new features compared to 1.5, it is also more optimized as well, which will most likely result in similar performance and Battlefield 3 system requirements for the PC. Since Battlefield 3 won’t be supporting DirecX 9, it won’t run on Windows XP.
Quote:
Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Quote:
Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Old Aug 2, 2011, 04:47 PM   #19
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

You can now get into the beta if you pre order from origin. They are also giving away the physical pack and the back to karkand map pack as well.

Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:23 AM   #20
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
On page 2:
Hopefully they do open it at some point though. The game is way better on caspian. I played 3-4 maps there and got tired of trying to play the get in the server game. There are only 12ish NA servers and they are always packed.

Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:21 AM   #21
logical
What is my purpose?

I may stop playing the beta before I get burnt out on the game. That happened to me in BC2. Max leveled there and never bought the real game until like 6 months ago.

Rage may be able to save me from burning myself out. And I'll probably pick up payday as well.

On another note, I hate the not being able to zoom bug. It's gotten me killed numerous times.

Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:40 AM   #22
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I may stop playing the beta before I get burnt out on the game. That happened to me in BC2. Max leveled there and never bought the real game until like 6 months ago.

Rage may be able to save me from burning myself out. And I'll probably pick up payday as well.

On another note, I hate the not being able to zoom bug. It's gotten me killed numerous times.
QFT. The zoom bug definitely frustrated me :/
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:54 AM   #23
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
Good trailer. Voice acting sounds great. Hopefully it is coherent and the whole campaign is like that
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 08:58 AM   #24
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

seriously, this whole 'new releases on Tuesdays' thing needs to change....
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:00 AM   #25
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
seriously, this whole 'new releases on Tuesdays' thing needs to change....
I agree, move it to Thursdays or Fridays!

Like in Europe
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:18 AM   #26
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Preloading it like a boss, I really love the speeds that you get from origin.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:23 AM   #27
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Best advertising campaign for any game I've seen.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:53 PM   #28
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Overclocking doesn't seem to do a whole lot for you in this game, its the quad core cpu that you need.
What if I got a Core 2 Quad? It will have a lower CPU speed but do you think ill see over 30 fps?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 01:56 PM   #29
Fricfrac
Pain Train Productions

Fricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFricfrac can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Fricfrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:19 PM   #30
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

This is not the way it´s meant to be played, stuttering from hell for every/most 8/9/gtx2XX users, I can´t believe they dumped dx9 to give us this poorly executed dx10:

Last edited by lukilla : Oct 26, 2011 at 02:21 PM.
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote