Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Final8ty
Radeon R700

Final8ty is still being judged by the masses

Default [windows.com] Pushing the 12K PC Gaming Boundary at 1.5 Billion Pixels per Second

Quote:
PC gaming is all out extreme performance and eye-popping visuals. DirectX games on Windows are always pushing the boundaries of the latest graphics hardware and software technology that will bring things ?to the next level?. In this article I?m going to share with you an amazing set of experiences that I recently had pushing the boundaries of 4K multi-mon gaming with several Sharp PN-K321 4K Ultra HD displays that I had on loan for a short period of time. I?ll start with some scenarios that have been tested before and then walk through a technology demonstration and collaboration that I worked on with AMD to see how far we could push things. Let?s just say this was an intense experience!
Quote:
Ever since I had my first taste of 4K resolution gaming on Windows 8 (which you can read about here) I?ve been wanting to explore some additional related scenarios. First, I was thinking it would be awesome to try 4K multi-mon gaming. Second, I wanted to see how the 4K gaming experience would change when the screen refresh rate was pushed from 30 Hz to 60 Hz. Finally, I thought it would be amazing if I could push a tri-mon 4K setup to 60 Hz. Things were about to get real interesting.
ReadMore including pics and video.
http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/e...er-second.aspx
Final8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Dr. Zhivago
Sound: Serious Business

Dr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwardsDr. Zhivago can recite pi backwards

Kewl!

Bedroom PC - Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 - AMD 1100T @3.7/4GHz - H50 - 8GB DDR3-1600 - HD 7870 OC - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 640GB Blue - Xonar DX - LG BDROM - Logitech 6110 - TT Volos - Antec 900 - CM 500W PSU - Samsung 32" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - BIC L/R & MTX Surround Speakers - Mission C70 Center - Sony 10" Sub - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

HTPC - Gigabyte GA-890GPA~UD3H - AthlonII X4 630 - HD6450 - 8GB DDR3-1333 - WD 500GB Black - WD 640GB Green - WD 2TB Green - LG BDROM - Ceton InfiniTV 4 w/ MCE Remote - Logitech MX5000 Laser Desktop - Corsair 450W - Silverstone LC10B-E - Sharp Aquos 46" HDTV - Onkyo TX-SR606 - PE 15" Sub - Classic Mission Speakers - Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Office PC - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Intel 3570K - 16GB DDR3-1866 - HD 7950 FLEX - Samsung 840 250GB - WD 500GB Blue - WD 1TB Black - Xonar DX - Corsair 600W PSU - Antec ON1E - Logitech G5 - Logitech USB Media KB - AOC 23" LCD - Creative Inspire 2.1 - Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

5x Presentation Machines - Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 - FX-8350 w/ FX WC - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 5870 or 7870 Eyefinity 6 - 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - WD 500GB Black - DVDRW - Cooler Master Sileo 500 - 600W PSU - Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - Office 2010 Pro
Dr. Zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2013, 04:04 PM   #3
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

very nice but I want the 39" 3840X2160 screen
maybe in 3 years it will be under 2500
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 27, 2013, 09:36 AM   #4
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I am surprised that a single card could pull this off, but they did only run Dirt 3 which is one of the better optimized games for the HD7970 anyhow....The situation would be different with more demading titles.

I have to settle with 8000*1440 pixels....
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2013, 07:13 PM   #5
@md_Guy
<strike>out</strike>

@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings@md_Guy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
I am surprised that a single card could pull this off, but they did only run Dirt 3 which is one of the better optimized games for the HD7970 anyhow....The situation would be different with more demading titles.

IIRC< they started with 1 7970 then moved to 2, then when adding a 3rd the PSU committed suicide.. but again, history has shown that over time AMD/ATI cards tend to fair better and it's nice not having to buy 1 Quardo or Tesla (never mind three!!)..that costs more than 4 7970s and a (replacement) PSU.. personally I'd love to see 3 Sapphire 7970 6GB Toxics so I can plan to pick a couple more up cheep when the HD 9000 series drops.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 09:34 PM   #6
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post

hmm if someone wants to send me the 3 screens i'll try it with two of those ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II cards

can't try the same card in a 680 they only have one dp port

Last edited by bill dennison : Jul 27, 2013 at 09:42 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2013, 10:18 PM   #7
False Christian
Rage3D Veteran

False Christian is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies

Bah, a 22" 1680x1050 LCD like mine is all you need! (Yeah, Riiigggghhhtttt!!!).
False Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2013, 03:52 AM   #8
soylent
Hufu

soylent is still being judged by the masses

I was hoping, with the preponderance of 120 Hz or higher displays, that it would have sunk in by now that 60 Hz blows chunks.

Precautions:
Keep locked up. Do not ingest. Do not breathe dust. Avoid contact with eyes. Wear suitable protective clothing. If ingested,
seek medical advice immediately and show the container or the label. Keep away from incompatibles such as oxidizing
agents, acids.
soylent is offline   Reply With Quote