Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Mar 2, 2003, 12:30 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Agrajag
Radeon R200

Agrajag is still being judged by the masses

Default 8500 and Flight Simulator. New drivers

I just updated the drivers for my Radeon 8500 (I have one bug, duplicated pull-downs in IE that I keep hoping get fixed) though most everything was just fine with the old ones.

Now, unlike before, when I task switch out of Flight Simulator and return, the video is all black and I need to ALT-ENTER it to a window and back to full screen to get the video back.

Any idea what I might have broken or how to fix it? This is driving me CRAZY!
Old Mar 2, 2003, 05:09 PM   #2
ajs

ajs is still being judged by the masses

HI
In fact the same issue was encountered at the time fs2002 was released.
Kinda funny that i get again that black scenery issue as well, since i just made a complete reformat and clean flitesim+addons reinstalls to a point where i started the cleanup from the first place and it was working perfectly fine before...not anymore
-so i'm thinking that, it might be the order i installed XP-XPSP1-DX9-Catalyst....or whatever order it was f****d something up...who knows, i think its DX9 to blame.
It's driving me crazy as well...but i'm gonna wait for the next flightsim 9 (July) before i do that reformat circus again.

NB I tried all the possible driver versions, all with black screens

until July ALT-ENTER...ALT-ENTER...weeee
Old Mar 2, 2003, 08:23 PM   #3
Agrajag
Radeon R200

I had DX9 installed without it causing this, though the ONE THING I didn't have installed was the control panel thing. I had gone without that all this time.

Think that might have something to do with it? But I'm with you too. I'm waiting on the next release before doing anything drastic. Just glad to know I'm not alone.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 3, 2003, 09:19 AM   #4
iriches
Radeon R100

iriches is still being judged by the masses

Does everyone else find that Smoothvision keeps switching itself off in MS Flight Sim 2002?

If not, how the ?£$$*!% do you get it to stay on?

Ian
(8500 LE @ 275/275)
Old Mar 3, 2003, 10:16 AM   #5
Agrajag
Radeon R200

I've been looking for clarification of whether or not I should be using ATI's anti-aliasing (Smoothvision) or not.

When I use AA and Aniso, the red text you bring up with CTRL-Z for seeing the frame rates and such is horribly smeared. I kept thinking that this can't be good and turned off those settings and went back to letting the software control it.

If I should be using it, I'd love to know more about the optimal settings and what to look for (pro and con) as a result. I'm thinking that having the card handle AA might result in better performance as it's native support instead of letting the program get in the mix.

On the plus side, my pull-down menu graphic bug is FINALLY fixed with the latest driver release after having NEVER worked right for me and I've owned my 8500 from early on. Funny that support kept saying that they never heard of this but that now it's fixed. <grin>
Old Mar 24, 2003, 02:50 PM   #6
ajs

ajs is still being judged by the masses

This post indicates that windowsupdate is to blame
well...could be
http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcfo...D10/38145.html

cheerz