Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 17, 2010, 08:06 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Ebay... looking to buy Windows 7.

While this could probably go in general software or whatnot, This is about ebay itself, not the OS.

I'm looking at http://cgi.ebay.com/MICROSOFT-WINDOW...item53dfd638ea over and since I have not used it in ages, I would like to know if anyone can find a fault in this listing. Shipping used to be the way they got you with 15 dollars or so, but I'm not seeing anything.

This appeard to be a fully usable full version of Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit at $120 with free shipping. Anyone else more savvy see something else?
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 08:24 AM   #2
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Seems to be alright.
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 08:47 AM   #3
Cowzrul
Dazed and Confused

Cowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshCowzrul kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Is there some reason the OEM version won't work?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16832116754
Cowzrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 17, 2010, 08:58 AM   #4
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

Aside from the fact that the OEM on Newegg is considerably less expensive, I wouldn't trust an eBay sale for legit software. Maybe it's fine, maybe it's not, but I see no reason to take the risk if you can avoid it and save money at the same time.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 09:04 AM   #5
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Actually, that works fine... I didn't know Newegg sold windows 7. This works out better. It's nice I don't have to let my ignorance for ebay get in the way now.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote