Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:43 AM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If it took 5 minutes for the grenade fix due to a typo in coding or lack of a line, then who cares? Considering it's one of 2-3 minor fixes, I'd say they were easy catches that they knocked out due minimal time spent; makes sense anyway.

Correcting a bunch of bugs that broke the story or caused players to have to re-load saves sound like major fixes to me.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:46 AM   #242
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I call it the grenade nerd rage.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:51 AM   #243
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What are the ps4/xb1 owners saying about the patch?

It feels like all of those memory optimizations would benefit them the most.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 23, 2021, 09:00 AM   #244
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
If it took 5 minutes for the grenade fix due to a typo in coding or lack of a line, then who cares? Considering it's one of 2-3 minor fixes, I'd say they were easy catches that they knocked out due minimal time spent; makes sense anyway.

Correcting a bunch of bugs that broke the story or caused players to have to re-load saves sound like major fixes to me.
Still no walk/run toggle. Modders had to fix the minimap.

Could go on.

Hey, at least photomode doesn't show trajectories anymore.

The what about if it only took 5 minutes is about as meaningful as the fix. That should still be at the bottom of the list for even minor things.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 09:43 AM   #245
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I just witnessed what appeared to be two gangs attacking each other. Personally I've not witnessed this happening pre-patch. Can anyone confirm if this mechanic was active before patch 1.1? Regarding their official discord sever, someone was alluding to the possibility that many more unlisted fixes were introduced in the patch? Can't imagine why they would be hidden considering?

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Jan 23, 2021 at 09:53 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 09:54 AM   #246
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That's not new, that happened with the older patches.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:59 AM   #247
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That happens initially in the game where it is scripted and game introduces you to the mechanics. I did witness police and gang fights but they were also scripted and part of the police sign icons.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:24 PM   #248
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
That happens initially in the game where it is scripted and game introduces you to the mechanics. I did witness police and gang fights but they were also scripted and part of the police sign icons.
They happen constantly as you play. At least they do if you spend a lot of time on foot. If you’re driving everywhere, you’re likely flying past it w/o noticing.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 04:30 PM   #249
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Be careful if you are just starting. Lots of reports of 1.1 breaking Takemura thus breaking a main mission.

Patchception incoming.

Must be old console hardware though.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 06:35 PM   #250
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Considering how long this game was delayed, I would have been surprised if they released a meaningful patch weeks after launch.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:09 PM   #251
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

What probably happened is there's only one guy working on patching this game and when he fixed the grenade trajectory bug, it inadvertently fixed all of those quest breaking bugs.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:11 PM   #252
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Hopefully in the next patch they'll fix the PoPo spawning right next to you when you break the law.

This game remains shelved for now.
Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:12 PM   #253
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Found a typo in the opening scene subtitle dialogue. Hope they fix that first.

Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 08:17 PM   #254
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Hopefully in the next patch they'll fix the PoPo spawning right next to you when you break the law.

This game remains shelved for now.
it's always going to be the next patch
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 10:04 PM   #255
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I find if I am in the same state of mind playing this game as if I were watching a terrible movie (as in it's so bad it's good), I enjoy it.

Today I played a side quest that tried to have a deep discussion about faith and exploitation, but it was so ham-fisted it was almost parody. Then there were the bugs like characters walking through cars, or parking the vehicle in ridiculous places so when I got out of the car to join the group, I was in the middle of the street and had to walk through a completely empty parking lot to get to the place where we met. There was also a menagerie of vehicles running into me when there was a "chase scene" because it wouldn't be an exciting chase if vehicles weren't randomly ignoring street signs and barreling across the road.

So bad it's good, baby lol.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:46 PM   #256
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
Oh yeah, major patch. They fixed more bugs in two hotfixes that were only a week apart.

In one months time this is their "major patch"? What's 1.2 going to be? Another handful of mission fixes and V doesn't sleep sideways anymore?

No one is acting like the grenade thing is the major fix. It's a sign of questionable priorities. Who's the idiot that thinks that's a major issue with the game?
Is the rig in your specs what you game on?
Old Jan 23, 2021, 11:57 PM   #257
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduce View Post
Is the rig in your specs what you game on?
No. Also irrelevant. Keep focusing on specs so we can ignore they are now going to have to patch patches.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 11:34 AM   #258
azalea
Radeon R420

azalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete strangerazalea once held a door open for a complete stranger

There's always bullcrap moaning when some UI designer fixes one of the things they're responsible for, and people complain that it had been a priority over something else other devs are working on.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 12:31 PM   #259
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
No. Also irrelevant. Keep focusing on specs so we can ignore they are now going to have to patch patches.
To be fair, didn't you get a full refund? I don't really understand why you're in this thread bitching up a storm when you A) don't own the game, and B) got a 100% refund.

Let them patch it and get it working, then you can rebuy for a discount. I don't know what else you want.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:17 PM   #260
KAC

He wants blood.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 01:36 PM   #261
bill dennison
Banned

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
To be fair, didn't you get a full refund? I don't really understand why you're in this thread bitching up a storm when you A) don't own the game, and B) got a 100% refund.

Let them patch it and get it working, then you can rebuy for a discount. I don't know what else you want.
when

i have it and have no refund
and he is right 1.1 was a joke after a month, it should have been called 1.06.3 at best

i'm 61 at this rate i'll be dead before it is fixed

no it won't be fixed at this point there will be a patch in a month then 2 to 4 more in 6 months and that is it they will drop it like a hot rock
Old Jan 24, 2021, 02:05 PM   #262
Canesfan2020
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:

Because I want them to actually fix it so I can re buy it. It's still sitting on my ps4 waiting for the day it's fixed and that's not going to happen if they keep releasing patches that for alot seems to have broke more than it fixed.

Breaking down the street is a big deal. It's almost at the beginning of act 2.

Patch 1.2 notes: fixes patch 1.1

Last edited by Canesfan2020 : Jan 24, 2021 at 02:19 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 02:15 PM   #263
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
when

i have it and have no refund
and he is right 1.1 was a joke after a month, it should have been called 1.06.3 at best

i'm 61 at this rate i'll be dead before it is fixed

no it won't be fixed at this point there will be a patch in a month then 2 to 4 more in 6 months and that is it they will drop it like a hot rock
He's playing on PS4 which offered full refunds. I don't know why you desperately need a refund on PC as the game is very much not broken on that platform. It has problems, yep, but the console version is/was actually broken and the refunds were warranted.

Also, I highly doubt CDPR will just "drop" the game considering how long they supported all 3 Witcher games. CDPR has always done a lot of post-release support.

Quote:
Because I want them to actually fix it so I can re buy it and that's not going to happen when they keep releasing patches that barely fix anything and then have to be patchee because it breaks main content.
I get it man. I want to play it too because the game has tons of potential, but it's a game. If it takes them 3 months to fix it, then it takes 3 months. There are plenty of other titles to play. I forgot to back-up my savegames when I reformatted Windows with my new board+chip, so instead of starting from scratch now, I'm just going to wait until it's fixed.

I have full confidence it will be fixed. It'll take time. How many people complained about the delays, and then now are complaining the game is in an unpolished state?

It's a video-game. When it's fixed, it's fixed, just a matter of when, not if.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 02:23 PM   #264
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Patch changelog doesn't impress me, I still like the game but I'll wait for a couple more patches to finish it. It's funny, I've put over 100 hours into Fallout 76 past two weeks instead, and we all know how buggy Bethesda games can be.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2021, 03:23 PM   #265
bill dennison
Banned

Quote:
He's playing on PS4 which offered full refunds. I don't know why you desperately need a refund on PC as the game is very much not broken on that platform. It has problems, yep, but the console version is/was actually broken and the refunds were warranted.

Also, I highly doubt CDPR will just "drop" the game considering how long they supported all 3 Witcher games. CDPR has always done a lot of post-release support.

I get it man. I want to play it too because the game has tons of potential, but it's a game. If it takes them 3 months to fix it, then it takes 3 months. There are plenty of other titles to play. I forgot to back-up my savegames when I reformatted Windows with my new board+chip, so instead of starting from scratch now, I'm just going to wait until it's fixed.

I have full confidence it will be fixed. It'll take time. How many people complained about the delays, and then now are complaining the game is in an unpolished state?

It's a video-game. When it's fixed, it's fixed, just a matter of when, not if.
cdpr stock is about half it's high at some point they will cut it off to stop the bleeding

they will take a hit when they stop the patches but thier stock won't repair till they do
baring some miraculous fix

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 24, 2021 at 03:42 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 04:06 PM   #266
Nunz
RIP Roxen

That's literally how the stock market works, though. Stock goes crazy during anticipation, and once the product releases, whether it's great or a flop, the stock typically crashes.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 04:38 PM   #267
theduce
Il Duce

theduce is still being judged by the masses

Smile

Quote:
Simple question. I built almost the same PC in your specs in 2007 to play Bioshock.

Sorry to offend.

Games buggy. I like to play it. Patch patch Adams
Old Jan 24, 2021, 06:57 PM   #268
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

1.1 patchlog is extremely underwhelming although I haven't played it.

I think it probably indicates that much of their time now is on last gen performance/fixes. Might not even have a huge patch upgrade for current gen in Feb.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 06:05 AM   #269
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yea the patch log isn't like anything impressive.

But I assume, they can only fix certain stuff in short amount of time. I still think give it 6 months... then I'll fire it up.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:07 AM   #270
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwardsExposed can recite pi backwards

I keep putting this off until there's a meaningful patch. Guess more waiting.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote