Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old May 22, 2020, 02:42 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default AIO or air cooler?

I have had a H100iv2 for about three years, works great. I have an 8700k coming to replace my 8400. Was thinking of getting air cooling or still using my AIO. What are some of your thoughts? TIA
Old May 22, 2020, 02:50 PM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Seems like it has pretty good performance running on Air. Question is do you want to spend for a good air cooler when your AIO is working just fine?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 03:25 PM   #3
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Use what you got if there are no problems with it, I just went from Air to AIO and yes the AIO is better then my Wraith but I dont really think it gains me a whole lot. A very small amount. Dont like the big Honking air coolers which take up the whole inside of your case if you want them to be good.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 22, 2020, 03:33 PM   #4
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Also where going into Summer. I know we don't get insanely hot here on the coastal regions of the north west, but that extra thermal mass you get with AIO's is probably going to be at least a little helpful as things warm up.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 07:47 PM   #5
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sounds good guys, thanks. Will stick with the AIO until it craps out. Was thinking of the Noctua NH d-15, the really big one.
Old May 22, 2020, 11:23 PM   #6
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

What kind of a nub question is that?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 03:01 AM   #7
Rummy
Radeon R700

lol love u too KAC