Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:01 AM   #4831
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just the fact that there aren´t that many maps to begin with, will make those remade maps popular just for the variation of playing on a new map.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:02 AM   #4832
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i still do not know should i get this game or MW3, and most importantly how do i get the game.

getting the game itself is one major issue i am having, since you have to know in china. they dont' see retail copy.

and origin isn't working, since it is directly me to UK region. and it is way too expensive.

because last time i check in hongkong the game is only selling for 378 hk dollars. UK site is 49.99 euro ..
try ordering it from play-asia.com?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 05:06 AM   #4833
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Expansion isn't out yet, comes out in December (no date yet but I would guess mid). I am sure plenty will be playing it since they will be in the same map rotation. Assuming they aren't too different I'm sure they will be very popular.
but bf 2 map is alot smaller than bc2, or bf3 map right?
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 18, 2011, 06:07 AM   #4834
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
but bf 2 map is alot smaller than bc2, or bf3 map right?
No?

They're much larger than the maps in bc2 and bf3.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:51 AM   #4835
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
and origin isn't working, since it is directly me to UK region. and it is way too expensive.
It's working EXACTLY as EA intended. It's a known exploit they take advantage of, they redirect almost anyone outside the US and UK to their EU page which sells the game in euros, as the euro currency exchange will allow them to charge more for the same game. The result is that even some people within US regions are being redirected to the EU page.

Of course you can use a proxy/VPN etc to workaround it, but it's not something most people will know how to do. EA will do anything to squeeze another penny from gamers, even if it's legally, morally or ethically questionable.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 07:54 AM   #4836
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
It's working EXACTLY as EA intended. It's a known exploit they take advantage of, they redirect almost anyone outside the US and UK to their EU page which sells the game in euros, as the euro currency exchange will allow them to charge more for the same game. The result is that even some people within US regions are being redirected to the EU page.

Of course you can use a proxy/VPN etc to workaround it, but it's not something most people will know how to do. EA will do anything to squeeze another penny from gamers, even if it's legally, morally or ethically questionable.
can i still play in asia region if i bought the game that is in uk region?

thanks

Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:28 AM   #4837
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Playing BF3 with a 61 ping is like playing BF2 with a 300 ping or worse.
I can head shot guys all day long and they don't go down.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:41 AM   #4838
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Man I thought I was doing well with 278m, that itself felt like a challenge. What sniper rifle are you using mostly?
The M39 EMR and the MK11 Mod 0 primarily. I hate the bolt action rifles. If your eyeing a target and take a shot and keep the scope up, it doesn't reload (like the AWP in cs:s). The bi-pod is a key component.

Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:38 AM   #4839
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

just bought the game and will be here by tomorrow.

hope my anciet cpu can still handle this.

e7400 @ 3.4ghz + 6950 1gb

argggg, i am more concern about my china internet, which is only a 4mb cable network.. + the infamous GREAT CHINA FIREWALL.

i hate to say, being have to work in china really does sucks for gaming. the interent here is slow and unstable + you got to play with the china great firewall.

Luckily, Hongkong is like another world when it comes to gaming and internet surfing

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 18, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:42 AM   #4840
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
just bought the game and will be here by tomorrow.

hope my anciet cpu can still handle this.

e7400 @ 3.4ghz + 6950 1gb

argggg, i am more concern about my china internet, which is only a 4mb cable network.. + the infamous GREAT CHINA FIREWALL.

i hate to say, being have to work in china really does sucks for gaming. the interent here is slow and unstable + you got to play with the china great firewall.

Luckily, Hongkong is like another world when it comes to gaming and internet surfing

according to the minimum system requirements, you should be able too.

Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950.
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Sound card: DirectX compatibl sound card
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:21 PM   #4841
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

When I first bought the game it didn't run well for me at all. I originally thought it was time to upgrade my E8400. After I tried my friends GTX460 I realized it was my old GTX260 that was not strong enough.

Bought a GTX560 and I can run the game on high for everything. Now my issues is that my CPU isn't strong enough. In some games I get high 20's but overall it is very playable on my dual core @ 3.4
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:30 PM   #4842
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If you guys want a bit of a laugh....

I have been playing the game since the release day, but I only realized last night that I actually had a scope available to me for a while now.

This whole time I have been playing with only my trusty iron sights. Talk about doing it old school.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:56 PM   #4843
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
If you guys want a bit of a laugh....

I have been playing the game since the release day, but I only realized last night that I actually had a scope available to me for a while now.

This whole time I have been playing with only my trusty iron sights. Talk about doing it old school.
I actually quite like the irons sights on almost all of the guns
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 04:47 PM   #4844
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
The M39 EMR and the MK11 Mod 0 primarily. I hate the bolt action rifles. If your eyeing a target and take a shot and keep the scope up, it doesn't reload (like the AWP in cs:s). The bi-pod is a key component.

Well you can get the straight through bolt attachment which reloads when you are sighted, I haven't unlocked it yet but would be fairly useful right?

new Back to Karkand gameplay:

You can see them fighting in the areas over the bridge (and on it) two checkpoints over that side

Last edited by nutcrackr : Nov 18, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 08:36 PM   #4845
BackToPC
Banned

BackToPC is still being judged by the masses

game looks cool but i simply refuse to deal with origin. if it doesnt come to steam then EA can consider me a lost sale. oh well.
BackToPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:03 PM   #4846
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackToPC View Post
game looks cool but i simply refuse to deal with origin. if it doesnt come to steam then EA can consider me a lost sale. oh well.
nothing wrong with origin, you're missing out on a great game.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:05 PM   #4847
BackToPC
Banned

BackToPC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
nothing wrong with origin, you're missing out on a great game.
there's quite a few great games out right now, their loss not mine.
BackToPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:18 PM   #4848
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

I so don't get this whole I hate Origin thing, who cares! Its a game, play it and have fun. So I have to have Origin running, I have steam running as well.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 09:59 PM   #4849
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I so don't get this whole I hate Origin thing, who cares! Its a game, play it and have fun. So I have to have Origin running, I have steam running as well.
I dont hate origin, I hate that origin continually crashes over and over and over and over
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:00 PM   #4850
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah, Origin isn't a big deal at all. You learn to ignore it rather quickly.

It sucks and is unnecessary, don't get me wrong, but it still isn't a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
I dont hate origin, I hate that origin continually crashes over and over and over and over
When do your crashes occur? I've used it now ever since the BF3 beta and haven't had even a single crash.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:04 PM   #4851
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

249 + Night vision + Tac light = pure skill
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:37 PM   #4852
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Information on patch coming next week
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...-3-update.aspx

Quote:
The DICE team are hard at work supporting Battlefield 3. To date, we have implemented several server updates to improve stability and performance. Next week we are publishing a significant Battlefield 3 client update for the PC. Console patches take a bit longer due to the certification requirements for console content, but it will follow shortly after the PC update.

So what’s in the PC patch? You’ll see improved polish, stability, weapons balancing, squad control functionality, user interface enhancements, and several feature enhancements that address feedback the community has provided to date – plus we’re removing the so called “negative mouse acceleration” that some of you have experienced.

Regarding cheating and boosting, we continue to analyze data to identify and hold accountable (ban, wipe stats) players that cheat or boost. We’ve received questions about what to do when faced with unsportsmanlike conduct in Battlefield 3 – the best course of action is to click the warning sign next to their profile name in Battlelog, or head to the EA Help Desk and report your issue. These leads will enable us to follow up on the report.

We appreciate all the feedback. Keep it coming to help us with future improvements. Check back next week to confirm the patch launch date and the detailed fix list. Thanks for playing and sharing your feedback with us!
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:20 PM   #4853
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

i am trying to install the game, and origin activation took me more than 10 mins ....

i don't know what it is doing. and i just have the icon with it spinning clockwise.

edit: finally done..... installing now.

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 18, 2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:38 PM   #4854
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

is there a collector edition for this game?

i

Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:45 PM   #4855
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
is there a collector edition for this game?
there's a limited collector's edition which comes in a steelbook and has all the pre-order bonuses.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:47 PM   #4856
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
there's a limited collector's edition which comes in a steelbook and has all the pre-order bonuses.
my limited edition asia region does not come with a steel box.

it is grey color made with plastic. and only come with back to karkand dlc key?? and the game.

not to mention 2 dvd is stack on top of each other.. i used to live in canada and i have never seen any retail game that has both dvd stacking on top of each other

And i have not buy any retail version pc game for more than 4 years, did they change this or soemthing

am i missing something.?

I wish i didn't trade my bad 480gtx for this 6950 1gb. i really miss my ram

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 18, 2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:00 AM   #4857
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Information on patch coming next week
http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...-3-update.aspx
OMG improved polish?! Our good friends in Poland will be delighted!!!

Posting some actual changes instead of using fancy words like polish, enhancements, balancing and functionality would have been great. Who exactly are DICE trying to impress? We are gamers, not costume clad customers. We cant handle fancy words.

Y you no speak plain DICE?!
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:20 AM   #4858
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
my limited edition asia region does not come with a steel box.

it is grey color made with plastic. and only come with back to karkand dlc key?? and the game.

not to mention 2 dvd is stack on top of each other.. i used to live in canada and i have never seen any retail game that has both dvd stacking on top of each other

And i have not buy any retail version pc game for more than 4 years, did they change this or soemthing

am i missing something.?

I wish i didn't trade my bad 480gtx for this 6950 1gb. i really miss my ram
here's what the steelbook version looks like. the one on the left is the regular plastic box that i bought for a friend here on rage3d. the other one is my collector's edition steelbook.

as for stacked dvds, i'm not completely sure what you mean. they are obviously kept one on top of the other but they have their own slots so it doesn't really harm the discs.

Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:33 AM   #4859
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
here's what the steelbook version looks like. the one on the left is the regular plastic box that i bought for a friend here on rage3d. the other one is my collector's edition steelbook.

as for stacked dvds, i'm not completely sure what you mean. they are obviously kept one on top of the other but they have their own slots so it doesn't really harm the discs.

no when i mean stack dvd, there are only one slot for both dvd. so one dvd will be sitting on top of the other one... which is insane. to me i really have never purchase anything like this.. isn't this very easy to scratch the disc.

asian version is a rip off..... even the box design is lazy, and cheap

For 400 HK dollars, the quality of the box is very cheap. 2 dvd in a single slot, even china pirate game which sold for 10 dollars support 2 slot for 2 dvd.

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 19, 2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 03:56 AM   #4860
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

I own a couple allot of games where the discs are just stacked. 3 of them being from EA(Crysis, The Command & Conquer Saga & Need For Speed:Most Wanted Black Edition)

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited by Trunks0 : Nov 19, 2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: more than I thought
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote