Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:58 AM   #691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
For people that don't know about why i post this pictures and don't follow General Hardware thread i just bought a photography monitor Benq Sw240 monitor that has a Black and white mode built in.

First image taken with AMD Radeon Software overlay.

Same image taken in Black and white with DSLR.Taking the Black and white image in AMD Overlay is not working.It still takes color image because it extracts it from GPU.The monitor itself do the black and white conversion. The image in black and white it would have the same quality and resolution as the first color one if it could have been taken with AMD Overlay.

Same image taken in monitor color mode with the same DSLR

Color mode is terrible. You have overblown the colors and now are losing detail.

You lost the lights in the hallways to being blown out and the text on the out of ammo is blown out to the point its not even yellow anymore. Stick to default.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 02:51 AM   #692
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Color mode is terrible. You have overblown the colors and now are losing detail.

You lost the lights in the hallways to being blown out and the text on the out of ammo is blown out to the point its not even yellow anymore. Stick to default.
Are you refering to the first color image taken with AMD overlay or the DSLR one ? The DSRL color one should not be taken as a reference.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 5, 2021 at 03:38 AM.
badsykes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 03:37 AM   #693
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Looks like you just upped the digital vibrancy lololol.

To be honest none of us are gonna be able to tell because we dont have that monitor. Its like taking and hdr screenshot or a picture of hdr on a monitor and expecting us to see what you see lol

The DSLR camera should not be taken as a reference to what the image looks like.Taking a picture to a 60hz screen is a freaking challenge.The last color picture taken with the DSLR end up too .... colorful.Is faar off.
The first picture with AMD Software overlay is the one that looks like what i see.The Black and white mode is like that but converted to black and white by the monitor.Is same high quality and 1900x1200 16:10.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 5, 2021, 04:59 AM   #694
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
im even more confused, i see pixels in both sets of photos...

I assure you there is no pixels apearing or redish things.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 09:00 AM   #695
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

badsykes, I like you and I wish I could pull you out of this, but I think it will be more of an achievement if you do it yourself

On a side note, I have one 'a-la-KAC' question:
Is the dlc worth boning?

Want to play more of this because it looks really glorious in ultrawide
provided l don't have to return a fourth monitor
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 10:08 AM   #696
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
badsykes, I like you and I wish I could pull you out of this, but I think it will be more of an achievement if you do it yourself

On a side note, I have one 'a-la-KAC' question:
Is the dlc worth boning?

Want to play more of this because it looks really glorious in ultrawide
provided l don't have to return a fourth monitor

By pulling out you mean to send back this monitor and get the gaming one :P ... Nah, is not the time yet.

By DLC you meas Doom Eternal: Ancient gods DLC ? If yes i don't have it.I have the basic game only.I did read yesterday the reviews on steam for the DLC.I looked at the trailer.By just looking at the trailer it kinda discouraged me.Some creatures are childish ?

Anyway i find this situation hilarious .Many people participated to convince me to buy a gaming monitor and you are struggling to actually get a decent gaming monitor sample.. If i pull myself from this i enter in the lottery pain.... I can't stop laughing at this absurd situation.
Which pain to choose ? The pain of latency or the pain of gaming monitor lottery ? Spending time packing and unpacking and send back and forth..Not so entertaining :P .. I prefer to kill KAC eyes with images and pixels.Is much more fun imo for now.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 5, 2021 at 10:49 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:09 AM   #697
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
By pulling out you mean to send back this monitor and get the gaming one :P ... Nah, is not the time yet..
Nevermind, I now like you even more!

As far as monitor lottery, I’m getting a chance to test the g34wqc and it’s ticking all the right boxes. I even like the way it does HDR.
But that dreadful black spot is calling for rma, which is happening next week. The monitor has a high level of appreciation all over the web, it’s just my luck that’s gone down the drain.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:24 AM   #698
KAC
:rolleyes:

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Someone save us please.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 11:29 AM   #699
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Isn't there still free screen capture software floating around out there, cuz dam son, those shots hurt to look at.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:48 PM   #700
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

So, dlc worth getting or not?
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:53 PM   #701
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
So, dlc worth getting or not?
If you liked the gameplay of Eternal then it's worth it.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2021, 03:59 PM   #702
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Nevermind, I now like you even more!

As far as monitor lottery, I’m getting a chance to test the g34wqc and it’s ticking all the right boxes. I even like the way it does HDR.
But that dreadful black spot is calling for rma, which is happening next week. The monitor has a high level of appreciation all over the web, it’s just my luck that’s gone down the drain.

Maybe step in some poop intentionaly to change your luck
Old Mar 6, 2021, 09:44 AM   #703
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

I bought the Doom Eternal DLC afterall.I still was curious.I played a couple of hours and is kinda ... meh.
You get EVERYTHING (from skills, runes, etc) maxed out like so is just a spawn fest like someone said.More like arena cleaning.
There is some rain on weapons.The graphics is updated a bit.At least now in the beggining is nothing special.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 01:05 PM   #704
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Mar 11, 2021, 01:11 PM   #705
acroig
Troll Mod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Man, I want one!

yoz
Old Mar 11, 2021, 01:19 PM   #706
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Man, I want one!
https://www.redbubble.com/de/shop/pe...fakas+t-shirts

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2021, 01:20 PM   #707
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

badeyes, maybe you could post some Black & White - Black & White - Screens for us?

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape" *Sir Terry Pratchett*

Silent-Runner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2021, 03:58 AM   #708
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
badeyes, maybe you could post some Black & White - Black & White - Screens for us?

I know you probably make fun but anyway i actually send an email to Benq to clarify this.
Anyway here it is:
Quote:
A screenshot by definition is the capture of the internal frame saved in the Graphics Card memory or in the visual memory of the OS itself.

It does not express the copyright of of the screen, as it is visible to the eye.
If the screen would have a pixel failure, this will not be visible on a screenshot sent to the Service Partner.
You would need to take a picture of the screen, using an external camera.

Now, to help with your problem: you would like to have a copy of the image, that you can see on the screen of your BenQ SW240, as it appears when the monitor is in Black & White mode.

It is possible to produce this image via the screenshot method, only if you modify the colors and image properties of the Video output signal of the laptop/ PC, to mach the Black & White picture mode setting.
And you need to change this in the OS itself or via the Graphic Card itself, not changing the color, gamma, saturation settings of the monitor.

The changing of the monitor's settings will not mirror back in the OS.

Hope this helps clarify the issue.
I have learn alot of things having this graphics monitor.Also i wouldn't have considered playing in black and white if it wasn't for this monitor feature.

Last edited by badsykes : Mar 12, 2021 at 04:28 AM.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 09:34 AM   #709
acroig
Troll Mod

Looks like part 2 of Ancient Gods is out.

yoz
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:17 AM   #710
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Looks sweet!

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2021, 11:08 AM   #711
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Where's the RTX?
Old Mar 18, 2021, 02:30 PM   #712
acroig
Troll Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Where's the RTX?
Don't hold your breath. Now that they finished maybe a patch later on?

yoz