Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 31, 2020, 04:31 PM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I think I may have missed one. Tornado guy, the two giant farm animals, and the chariot chick were who I saw.

I just had to beat chariot chick again in a side mission. Now I’m in a different mission fighting the bull dude. Heeeeelp.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2020, 06:48 PM   #362
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
I think I may have missed one. Tornado guy, the two giant farm animals, and the chariot chick were who I saw.

I just had to beat chariot chick again in a side mission. Now I’m in a different mission fighting the bull dude. Heeeeelp.
You're close to end game iirc you'll have some new missions unlock before then though.

I think I might have a notion what my last two hidden trophies are. I went through my gameplay record and the only thing I'm missing is having 2 or 3 different yokai weapons speak to me.

3 trophies left, one of which is the trophy you get for getting all the trophies lol.

The other 2 - hidden. arg.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 04:53 PM   #363
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Got the platinum, first game ever for me. I missed a hot spa, and I didn't give enough dung balls to the crazy guy lol.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 2, 2020, 11:50 AM   #364
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I think I'm at the last main mission. In afterglow, beat the blue eyed samurai and the next one is the last boss...maybe.

Lvl 120 currently with lvl 140+ gear.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:05 PM   #365
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Got the platinum, first game ever for me. I missed a hot spa, and I didn't give enough dung balls to the crazy guy lol.
Congrats!
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:09 PM   #366
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Congrats!
Thanks lol. Small victory, but I'll take what I can get these days
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:10 PM   #367
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I think I'm at the last main mission. In afterglow, beat the blue eyed samurai and the next one is the last boss...maybe.

Lvl 120 currently with lvl 140+ gear.
Nice!
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:44 PM   #368
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

So how big of a pain in the @ss is the last boss?

I’ve heard way easy, I’ve heard a nightmare. For those of you who have downed him - what say you?

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 3, 2020, 02:44 AM   #369
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I've fought him solo about 25 times farming for smithing texts, and maybe 30 or so co-op. He managed to kill me 2-3 times so I vote he's easy. Really easy.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 10:22 AM   #370
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Quote:
I've fought him solo about 25 times farming for smithing texts, and maybe 30 or so co-op. He managed to kill me 2-3 times so I vote he's easy. Really easy.
Awesome.

I just switched out my GS to the peacock guy...tengu something or other...after doing some reading and holy crap, he gave me like a 30-40% damage boost because I use high stance A LOT. I hate trying to burst counter with the phantom class GS, but damn if I didn't just wreck that side mission where you duel 5-6 people, including mumyo, one after the other.

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 3, 2020, 01:39 PM   #371
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Awesome.

I just switched out my GS to the peacock guy...tengu something or other...after doing some reading and holy crap, he gave me like a 30-40% damage boost because I use high stance A LOT. I hate trying to burst counter with the phantom class GS, but damn if I didn't just wreck that side mission where you duel 5-6 people, including mumyo, one after the other.
Tengu is the best for damage, and that side mission you're talking about is excellent for farming gear with level sync on after you kill the final boss.

He's nothing but a spectacle with a huge health pool. A really fun spectacle though...
Old Jun 3, 2020, 10:28 PM   #372
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

He didn’t even do chip damage

Unlocked divine gear and am going through mission #1 again in new game+.

How do you turn on level sync? I’m only lvl 128

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 4, 2020, 03:07 AM   #373
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
He didn’t even do chip damage

Unlocked divine gear and am going through mission #1 again in new game+.

How do you turn on level sync? I’m only lvl 128
Nice!

Level sync puts you down to the missions highest allowable level - if you go back to farm any dream of the samurai levels, when you hit X and the level description comes up, you'll see at the bottom triangle - hit that to level sync.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 08:56 AM   #374
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Quote:
Nice!

Level sync puts you down to the missions highest allowable level - if you go back to farm any dream of the samurai levels, when you hit X and the level description comes up, you'll see at the bottom triangle - hit that to level sync.
Oooooo...ok. Makes sense. So do you farm in NG or NG+? Not that I’m at the point where I need to farm, but for future reference

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:09 AM   #375
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oooooo...ok. Makes sense. So do you farm in NG or NG+? Not that I’m at the point where I need to farm, but for future reference
All end game for me. Blue eyed samurai and Otakamaru drop smithing texts and rare items, and the new mission "A Strong Bond" has a shrine that sells +5 divine gear

For reference, a full run minus the dark area, Eye Of The Beholder, takes about 2.5 - 4 minutes from start to killing Otakamaru and usually nets about 20 divine items if your luck is high. If you stop to kill everything in your way, it'll take about 8 minutes lol. Easy peasy.

edit: You'll get divine replaying Dream of the Samurai now, but most won't be level 160. Easy way to farm items for divine materials for the blacksmith though....
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:29 AM   #376
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Awesome. Thanks for that.

So, farming for "mystic arts" aka the skill drops - that best done in NG or NG+? I figure NG just because of the kill speed.

Alpha

Omega

Old Jun 4, 2020, 11:35 AM   #377
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks for that.

So, farming for "mystic arts" aka the skill drops - that best done in NG or NG+? I figure NG just because of the kill speed.
There's a ton of discussion on the skill drops - short answer, I've had the best luck in NG+ but I couldn't say which is best. I know the luck modifier can make a huge difference in all drops. The dojo missions can eat some time, but skills drop there as well.

There's also a luck jutsu you can fire up that makes a big difference, but the cost of equiping it is pretty high.

On the skills, a quick "which boss for which skill" google will give you a good idea who to go after, like I was farming Nagara for the odachi skills...

edit: Here you go buddy
https://nioh2.wiki.fextralife.com/Boss+Skills

Last edited by Lazy8s : Jun 4, 2020 at 01:37 PM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote