Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Aug 1, 2020, 06:25 PM   #1531
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Isn't most rtx titles just using DXR?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2020, 06:38 PM   #1532
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Yea I thought I read that they would be tied together in some way so it really didn't matter which one you had. Other then of course which one does it better and at least for this generation I bet its going to be Nvidia.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Aug 1, 2020 at 08:36 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:20 AM   #1533
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Mang, you back. Yo!
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 3, 2020, 02:37 PM   #1534
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Just release a damn card so I can buy one already!!!!

My thoughts exactly..
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / SSD 850 evo / 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 02:41 PM   #1535
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

This might be the first generation where mid-range cards can do 4k over 60FPS with ease.

That's kind of a big deal in the pc gaming world. 4K monitor manufacturer's be like ABOUT TIME.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 02:47 PM   #1536
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
This might be the first generation where mid-range cards can do 4k over 60FPS with ease.

That's kind of a big deal in the pc gaming world. 4K monitor manufacturer's be like ABOUT TIME.
I think that's highly game engine dependent. I'd like to see that with ACdyssey, for example.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2020, 04:03 PM   #1537
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I think that's highly game engine dependent. I'd like to see that with ACdyssey, for example.
Yes, With the 2080 Ti not being able to do it for some games on Ultra it might be a stretch that the standard 3080 will be able to do it on some either. Either way it will be plenty for me if the price is right.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 02:44 AM   #1538
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It might be capable if you turn down the settings a little bit. A lot of times ultra settings have some things that are barely noticeable versus high, but cause a pretty pretty large frame rate hit (for example the grass setting in GTA V).
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2020, 04:09 AM   #1539
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is this card coming out? Wtf?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2020, 05:50 AM   #1540
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Soon...

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/...ion%20 IThome.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Aug 4, 2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 09:23 AM   #1541
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post

The secret is to wait six months, then check to see if the card is out.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:42 AM   #1542
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Waiting to do a mid-refresh. Might upgrade the whole setup with zen 3, and give this one to my wife to replace her 1700x/580 and make that my new media server but not sure. Waiting on GPU cost to see what I might all do, but this time rather than 70 series, definitely will be going with a 3080/ti/90. But they need to come out already. I can feel my 2070 gimping in some games.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 06:45 PM   #1543
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So the 2070s have been discontinued officially now and the expected release of Ampere 3080 and Tis are on September 17th.

No mention of reference cards. Perhaps that's reference release.

Last edited by Megaman : Aug 5, 2020 at 06:59 PM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 09:43 PM   #1544
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
So the 2070s have been discontinued officially now and the expected release of Ampere 3080 and Tis are on September 17th.

I'm buying ref and putting a block on it, or a card with one already on it. I'm leaning towards ref and adding the block, because Nv seems to put some good chips on their ref cards.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 09:46 PM   #1545
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

Since Megagay does not do links:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...0-in-november/

yoz
Old Aug 5, 2020, 09:58 PM   #1546
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's in everyone's best interest that I spread this information without linking WCCF seeing as I have more reputation than that shite...OK A-groin?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:07 AM   #1547
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
It's in everyone's best interest that I spread this information without linking WCCF seeing as I have more reputation than that shite...OK A-groin?
🤣, yes ok mega. You keep your rep.

yoz
Old Aug 6, 2020, 07:13 AM   #1548
Megaman
Packing heat!

I did my best
Old Aug 6, 2020, 08:14 AM   #1549
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

I did my best
Rep added.

yoz
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:01 AM   #1550
Megaman
Packing heat!

Unfortunately I have to spread more COVID-19 before giving it to you again. That said, it appears Big Navi will have 12GB and 16GB vram.

Going to be hard to beat AMD this time.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 09:17 AM   #1551
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Going to be hard to beat AMD this time.
On paper it would appear so..... on paper.

yoz
Old Aug 8, 2020, 04:53 PM   #1552
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-m...20gb-of-memory

NVIDIA is allegedly planning to introduce at least three memory variants of the PG132 board.

NVIDIA PG132: 24GB, 20GB and 10GB

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 05:21 PM   #1553
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

More choices, I guess the question will be, is it going to be worth the wait and price difference to go from a 10GB to a 20GB version of the 3080.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 06:10 PM   #1554
the_sextein
Radeon Northern Islands

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I'm not sure I believe that rumor. 24GB for the Titan replacement...sure, but I can't see them launching the 3080TI with more than 16GB.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 07:51 PM   #1555
Megaman
Packing heat!

According to Gamers Nexus, NV is set to announce 30XX series cards on September 9th
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:17 PM   #1556
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Hopefully the 20GB version isn't too crazy. The 10GB is not enough, and I can't figure why in the world they're going backward.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
Sony Bravia X900F 4K 49"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
LG Ultragear 38GN950-B
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:36 PM   #1557
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Well they actually moved the 2080 to 3080 up 2GB. I would like a bit more but don’t think I will pay a premium for it. I’m thinking the 10GB is going to be 799 and 20GB will be 999 which leaves the standard price of the 3080 Ti I bet at 1299 or 1399. Just got my $200 off promo credit card so I’m ready to pick up the 3080 for about $650 with tax.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Aug 8, 2020 at 09:48 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:49 PM   #1558
Megaman
Packing heat!

I don't see a problem with 10GB. Even at 4k?

I'm down for a minimum of 10GB, should be well enough for 1440p
Old Aug 8, 2020, 09:53 PM   #1559
Nascar24
Future RTX 3080 Owner

Whenever I jack everything up in games with the memory use indicator it never goes past 6 or 7GB, I’m sure there are some exceptions but I don’t think it’s going to be worth the premium they are going to charge for it. Might get a few frames in a few games I am guessing.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 05:06 AM   #1560
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Depends how much Next Gen games will need is the main factor, however 20GB is useless, even at 8K I can't imagine it going anywhere near 20GB

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote