Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 26, 2022, 07:41 AM   #1141
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I'll be curious to see how the traps compare to DCS. Not expecting much, but will be interesting.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2022, 09:13 AM   #1142
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

I flew it a bit after the almost 2 hour download. I fly DCS and fly in VR primarily. I flew a couple of the hornet challenges. The low and fast flights are fun and fairly easy. The carrier trap was way more difficult than DCS, it almost felt like the plane was configured all wrong. You get control of the plane with full flaps, gear and hook down. It didn't respond right to throttle inputs and was almost impossible to hold a consistent airspeed and felt like there was a strong cross wind as the nose was all over the place. In DCS, it is much easier to set your airspeed, aoa and come right in. I feel like either they are artificially making it difficult or DCS is too easy.

The Aurora mission was interesting, it's basically following a specific flight profile to hit mach 9 at 120,000 feet. I didn't see if that plane was flyable outside of that mission. Cool looking plane, but you are basically flying from instruments inside the cockpit unless you use the external cameras. It was cool being on the edge of space.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2022, 09:57 AM   #1143
Sabadin
Radeon R600

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSViper View Post
It didn't respond right to throttle inputs and was almost impossible to hold a consistent airspeed and felt like there was a strong cross wind as the nose was all over the place. In DCS, it is much easier to set your airspeed, aoa and come right in. I feel like either they are artificially making it difficult or DCS is too easy.
Almost sounds like a binding/calibration issue then, I had the exact opposite experience, outside of some minor throttle adjustments to keep the ball centred I barely had to touch any controls to get a 3 wire on the first go. Keep in mind the challenge is in an E model running on fumes, barely need any throttle to stay on speed/glideslope.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 26, 2022, 09:00 PM   #1144
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwardsJZL can recite pi backwards

The carrier trap scenario in the FSX Acceleration add-on was pretty hard. I only successfully landed every one out of six or seven tries. It was hard to keep a good constant speed and hard to adjust. My recollection was part of the difficulty was that the throttle was way down left and hard to see.