Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 3, 2012, 03:18 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wink The iPhone tips & tricks thread****

I thought a thread on how to get the most out of your iPhone and it's bimbo sidekick Siri would be a good idea.

So post up your neat iPhone/Siri tips and tricks!

I'll start off with this nice little fix for people sick Siri mispronouncing people's names:
Quote:
I'll kick things off with this nice tip: If Siri is driving you nuts because it constantly mis pronounces your friends & contacts' names you can do this: edit the contact, tap the "add field" option, then tap the "add phonetic first name" or "add phonetic last name" option. Then you can add a name that is phonetically spelled "man-chez" for Manches.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2012, 04:06 AM   #2
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

use your 4 finger at once to swipe left to right or right to left on your screen for apps switching.

i didn't know this until last month , after using ipad for 2 years
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Oct 3, 2012 at 04:10 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2012, 04:35 AM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
use your 4 finger at once to swipe left to right or right to left on your screen for apps switching.

i didn't know this until last month , after using ipad for 2 years
Thats iPad specific without a jailbreak.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 4, 2012, 01:51 PM   #4
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Let's try this again. Non tip related posts deleted. Let's try to let this thread stay on-topic regarding iPhone (4, 4S, 5, whatever) tips & tricks.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Hogrider
Radeon Evergreen

Hogrider is still being judged by the masses

Ok not sure why my tip was deleted but I'll post it again...

If you type something and want to delete it without pressing the delete button repeatedly or holding it down, you can simply shake the phone and it will ask if you want to delete what you typed.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 04:10 PM   #6
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogrider View Post
Ok not sure why my tip was deleted but I'll post it again...

If you type something and want to delete it without pressing the delete button repeatedly or holding it down, you can simply shake the phone and it will ask if you want to delete what you typed.
It was deleted on account of "oops, my bad." Thanks for reposting.

Quote:
How to add Google Maps as a Map app icon.

1) Go to Settings > Privacy > Location. Turn Location Services "On" and also make sure the tab next to Safari is “On”.

2) Open Safari webpage and go to maps.google.com

3) Click on the “share button” to the left of the address bar and then "add to the homescreen".
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2012, 04:41 PM   #7
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Things with siri:

"Siri create note food list"

"add milk to food list"

continue on to add to list.

Siri will do calculations as well. I asked how many dollars is 54 million pennies and got the answer back.. was surprised.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2012, 05:42 PM   #8
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I did the penny thing today but she converted the Canadian pennies to USD, haha
Old Oct 6, 2012, 02:39 PM   #9
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I wonder if there's a way to save a location, so that when you park your car you can find your way back like those find-my-car apps do?

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 04:25 PM   #10
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Here is a couple of tips:

1.) download appshopper.

Appshopper will let you know which apps are temporarily on sale or temporarily free, new, updated, etc... You can even set it to watch certain apps and it will let you know when they go on sale. You wont believe how often apps go on sale, and how many apps you can get for free if you are patient.

2.) The other tip is freemyapps.com
you go there, and you earn points for downloading and playing free games for 30 seconds after which you can delete them. with the points you earn you can spend them on paid for games, itunes gift cards, amazon credit,xbox live credit etc.. The site is legit, the WSJ even did an article on it.

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Oct 6, 2012 at 04:30 PM.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 06:37 AM   #11
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
I wonder if there's a way to save a location, so that when you park your car you can find your way back like those find-my-car apps do?
isnt there in ios6?
I thought they said something about that
But I havent looked into it

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote