Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 20, 2020, 09:44 AM   #3961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2020, 11:03 PM   #3962
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Some decent rumours coming out next week! FYI
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 01:04 AM   #3963
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Let’s hope this time the upgrade is worth the boners.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 21, 2020, 08:29 AM   #3964
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Honestly, until Cyberpunk comes out in Sep what's the point?

Speaking of which, what PC games you guys think will require an upgrade?

I'm only looking forward to Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk. What else is coming out in 2020 that'll need an upgrade from a 2080Ti?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 08:40 AM   #3965
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Honestly, until Cyberpunk comes out in Sep what's the point?

Speaking of which, what PC games you guys think will require an upgrade?

I'm only looking forward to Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk. What else is coming out in 2020 that'll need an upgrade from a 2080Ti?
Doom Eternal may require a GPU upgrade for 4K as the engine will be new. Most of the vids shown have been of console gameplay and NOT PC gameplay... but it is Vulkan so a 2080Ti will probably be fine.

Cyber Punk definately will require a GPU upgrade.

But for all we know all the "gameplay" vids could just be bullshot pre-rendered crap that DEVS usually pull and these titles run like complete ass. So who knows.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2020, 08:44 AM   #3966
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Many of us game at 4K and need an upgrade to play last years games at 60FPS. Games Like metro and RDR2 or Hitman 2018 and Kindom Come. They all need either SLI or a card faster than a 2080TI at 4K. Also add Dying Light 2 to Cyberpunk and doom on the upcoming list.

Last edited by the_sextein : Feb 21, 2020 at 08:52 AM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 07:13 AM   #3967
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Btw the 2080 after a little overclock is doing really well. I am only about 10-15% slower than a 2080 Ti now as per techpowerup benches at 1440P. That is not bad at all. I think if I can OC my putter to about 5 GHz again I am sure to reduce the gap even more to about 10% flat. Doing now 115-120 FPS in COD MW which is about 10 FPS lower than a 2080 Ti stock. Not bad at all.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:41 AM   #3968
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

What ever makes you feel better about your purchase
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:58 AM   #3969
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I want a new card now! I've been waiting to rebuild my system in the new setup until I get a new card, because I don't feel like dicking with the loop two months after I build it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 09:46 AM   #3970
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
What ever makes you feel better about your purchase
That's about the nicest thing you have said to me.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 09:57 AM   #3971
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Btw the 2080 after a little overclock is doing really well. I am only about 10-15% slower than a 2080 Ti now as per techpowerup benches at 1440P. That is not bad at all. I think if I can OC my putter to about 5 GHz again I am sure to reduce the gap even more to about 10% flat. Doing now 115-120 FPS in COD MW which is about 10 FPS lower than a 2080 Ti stock. Not bad at all.
Not bad for a no money upgrade.

yoz
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:08 AM   #3972
KAC
That postcount though...

Metro Exodus inside where you steal the train is running at 92 FPS maxed out with RTX. Am sure it will go down once I hit the desert but right now is quite playable.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:16 AM   #3973
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Metro Exodus inside where you steal the train is running at 92 FPS maxed out with RTX. Am sure it will go down once I hit the desert but right now is quite playable.
Yeah, it will. Just tone down the RTX and FPS will come back up.

What you got the card oc to?

yoz
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:21 AM   #3974
KAC
That postcount though...

2000 core clock. Didn’t touch anything else. This is about 125 on the core compared to stock clocks.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 10:56 AM   #3975
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
2000 core clock. Didn’t touch anything else. This is about 125 on the core compared to stock clocks.
Cool.

yoz
Old Feb 22, 2020, 03:23 PM   #3976
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Imagine if you had overclocked that 2080Ti, then maybe you'd be part of the PC gaming master race again.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 03:44 PM   #3977
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Imagine if you had overclocked that 2080Ti, then maybe you'd be part of the PC gaming master race again.
he could have been a contender and not a ......................

Old Feb 22, 2020, 04:23 PM   #3978
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
he could have been a contender and not a ......................
Yes but.... it was no money out of pocket and he did say this was an interim card. I would imagine when 3080 comes out a 2080 will be valued better than a 1080Ti.

yoz
Old Feb 22, 2020, 05:18 PM   #3979
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Damn KAC! With all the flack you are getting, you would have thought you dipped into their bank accounts to buy your hardware. Thanks for staying out of mine.

Good job on the Overclock on the core. Now you just need to overclock the memory which may give you a boost, game dependent of course.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Feb 22, 2020 at 05:57 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:08 PM   #3980
KAC
That postcount though...

Card has Samsung memory so I will try to match memory speed of a 2080 Super.

Clocked ram to 15 Gs. Minimal impact on performance so backed it down.

Last edited by KAC : Feb 22, 2020 at 11:16 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 11:56 AM   #3981
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Feb 23, 2020, 01:38 PM   #3982
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
RUMORS: NVIDIA Ampere GPU Massive Die Size, Specifications, Architecture and More!
Quote:
NVIDIA Ampere GPU 'GA100' flagship will have massive 826mm² die
Quote:
NVIDIA Ampere GPUs will have 2x faster RTX and a re-engineered Tensor core

Quote:
NVIDIA RTX 3080 Ti 'GA103' GPU will have 60 SMs and 320-bit 10GB/20GB Graphics Memory
and a founders edition will be 1500+

TITAN will be 3000+

https://wccftech.com/rumors-nvidia-a...ture-and-more/

I hope big navi comes in 15% to 30% faster than a 2080 ti and a good price because if this is that big it's price will be sky high
and big navi is the only upgrade i could justify buying

Last edited by bill dennison : Feb 23, 2020 at 01:53 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 03:39 PM   #3983
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

If AMD can get it's new card out before the 3080 series and it's faster than a 2080TI it will be the first time that's happened in awhile. I'm pretty confident they can pull it off but it's kind of late with it being so close to Nvidia's new card launch.

I guess they could surprise us but I'll be honest, I don't think they will be able to deliver 3080TI performance levels and with the 3080TI coming out only a few months later, I don't think it will have much of an impact. It would be nice though.

AMD still has some driver issues to sort out and for me it wouldn't matter anyway without competition on the GPU render side of things to take on IRAY.

Prices on Nvidia's new cards will be horrible if I had to guess. Even if they lowered them due to the crypto bust I think the supply shortage and insane demand from this 2 year wait is going to cause price gouging for a long time.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 04:22 PM   #3984
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
If AMD can get it's new card out before the 3080 series and it's faster than a 2080TI it will be the first time that's happened in awhile. I'm pretty confident they can pull it off but it's kind of late with it being so close to Nvidia's new card launch.

I guess they could surprise us but I'll be honest, I don't think they will be able to deliver 3080TI performance levels and with the 3080TI coming out only a few months later, I don't think it will have much of an impact. It would be nice though.

AMD still has some driver issues to sort out and for me it wouldn't matter anyway without competition on the GPU render side of things to take on IRAY.

Prices on Nvidia's new cards will be horrible if I had to guess. Even if they lowered them due to the crypto bust I think the supply shortage and insane demand from this 2 year wait is going to cause price gouging for a long time.
well if big navi is anywhere close to the 2x the specs of a 5700 xt like they say going from 2,560 to 5,120 Cores

it should beat a 2080 ti no problem and if they get it out at a decent price i will buy one and pass on NV's over priced monster this time

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/amd-navi-21.g923
Old Feb 23, 2020, 04:46 PM   #3985
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

I agree there is a good chance it will beat a 2080TI. I doubt you will see much savings on prices though. AMD's last card came out a year after the 2080TI and matched 1080TI performance and they still charged a monstrous $1000 at launch. It would be cool if it could compete with Nvidia's new line of cards at a similar price point but I have a feeling they are trying to rush it out early because they are not confident it will compete.

It's all speculation at this point though and more power to you if you pick one up. It would be nice to see some enthusiasts with more than just NV crap. If it's going to take 2+ years from now on for new cards to surface I'm willing to wait a few months to get better performance for the next few years. The other thing on my mind is games like 2077 and Dying Light 2 have been developed with Nvidia's RTX effects from the ground up and those titles will probably favor NV.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 05:05 PM   #3986
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:

TITAN will be 3000+

I hope big navi comes in 15% to 30% faster than a 2080 ti and a good price because if this is that big it's price will be sky high
826nm? That's pretty freaking huge. I would imagine their mainstream graphics champion would be cut down to about 480nm going by how they have done things in the past. Still, that's rather large for 7nm. I wonder if they are doing another one of their custom silicon designs for this one.

Another thing that raises my eyebrow is the 10/20GB RAM configuration. There is no way they would put 20GB of VRAM on a mainstream card. 10 is worse than the 3 year old 1080TI and AMD is already delivering 16GB on their top end card. I hope they push 16GB. A 10GB card would piss me off big time.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 05:12 PM   #3987
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Quote:

TITAN will be 3000+

Where's your remorse thread KAC

Old Feb 23, 2020, 05:18 PM   #3988
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
826nm? That's pretty freaking huge. I would imagine their mainstream graphics champion would be cut down to about 480nm going by how they have done things in the past. Still, that's rather large for 7nm. I wonder if they are doing another one of their custom silicon designs for this one.

Another thing that raises my eyebrow is the 10/20GB RAM configuration. There is no way they would put 20GB of VRAM on a mainstream card. 10 is worse than the 3 year old 1080TI and AMD is already delivering 16GB on their top end card. I hope they push 16GB. A 10GB card would piss me off big time.
well the 1080 ti and 2080 ti were both 11gb so with some more 8k stuff hitting i could see them going 20gb

besides big navi is said to be 16gb and NV will have to be sure to have more memory damn what it costs to the gamers

the 10gb will be 3080 non ti KAC edition
Old Feb 23, 2020, 05:22 PM   #3989
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Don't get my hopes up That would be worth $1500 for me. I wouldn't have to worry about VRAM constraints on renders, animation frame sequences, or video games for years. I could probably even push 8K DSR on older games like GTA 5 and Stalker anomaly that still support SLI. I'd be very happy if that happened.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 05:26 PM   #3990
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Don't get my hopes up That would be worth $1500 for me. I wouldn't have to worry about VRAM constraints on renders, animation frame sequences, or video games for years.
that would put a aftermarket like a strix at close to 1700