Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 13, 2018, 04:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Disney Live action remakes part....who knows: Dumbo

But they do have a glimpse of what looks to be the scene where Dumbo drank some booze and got effed up (the purple bubbly elephant).
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 07:21 AM   #2
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Subscriber

I kinda liked the last couple of live-action remakes of Disney classics, but I wouldn't pay to see them. Still don't hold a candle to the original cartoons. Then again, I'm old-school. Kids these days want cool CGI with their popcorn.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:10 AM   #3
UberBeavis
This is SO much fun!!!!

UberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialUberBeavis is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yesterday, discussion of this on twitter brought about what I believe might be the greatest movie summary of all time-

Quote:
It's been a few, but isn't DUMBO *barely* over an hour long and mostly just life kicking the **** out the baby elephant until it accidentally gets blackout drunk and instead of dying finds out it has mutant powers?
- @the_moviebob

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.
UberBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 15, 2018, 08:31 PM   #4
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBeavis View Post
Yesterday, discussion of this on twitter brought about what I believe might be the greatest movie summary of all time-

- @the_moviebob

Quote:
It's been a few, but isn't Life of Bill *barely* over an hour long and mostly just life kicking the **** out a young man until he accidentally gets blackout drunk and instead of dying finds out he has mutant powers?
- @the_movieb
So basically it's a real life story, with a twist, that's been given a face mask of kid-friendly animals. Or maybe it's an old school nursery rhyme, which were often darker than most R-rated movies.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:02 AM   #5
cbsboyer
ATI EGA Wonder

cbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete strangercbsboyer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
So basically it's a real life story, with a twist, that's been given a face mask of kid-friendly animals. Or maybe it's an old school nursery rhyme, which were often darker than most R-rated movies.
Yeah, kinda.

On a related note, the old school fables and nursery rhymes were mostly horror stories made to try to convince young, dumba** kids to stay out of the damn forest so they don't get eaten or get lost and die of exposure. Or at least that's my take on them.

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice
cbsboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2018, 02:46 PM   #6
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsboyer View Post
Yeah, kinda.

On a related note, the old school fables and nursery rhymes were mostly horror stories made to try to convince young, dumba** kids to stay out of the damn forest so they don't get eaten or get lost and die of exposure. Or at least that's my take on them.
No doubt there's that sort of motivation to create rhymes, but the ones I'm thinking of are the ones that come out of the Dark Ages, or of horrible events. Such as "Ring Around the Rosie", which is, as some people think, about the Black Death, and the symptoms and what people did about it.

"Rock-a-bye Baby": about a dead baby, which his mother hangs in his cradle in a tree, hoping that he'll come back to life.

Are these origins true? Who really knows. They take on other meanings and words over time. But given the world we live in, it wouldn't surprise me that the darker meanings are true.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote