Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 9, 2019, 09:00 AM   #3391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
so I should wait months or even years for a price drop that may not happen and probably won't
my strix is still the same price

sorry i'm ****en 60 I don't have the time or the inclination to play waiting games

if you don't like it tuff

and you and others are dreaming Nvidia has never lowered a price on a new top card unless forced to by AMD .

It's just a credibility issue; you bitched the loudest about pricing and yet pay the premiums. If Nvidia didn't have demand.they would lower their Turing pricing even without competition. However, demand may change dramatically with strong competition and more value motivation to keep demand strong may be needed.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:06 AM   #3392
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Consumers like you are also to blame for paying these higher premiums. If there wasn't demand Nvidia would lower their pricing. Market really sets pricing.
So you call him out only and not the other buyers of the premium cards?

It doesn't matter who bitches and moans it's about those who buy at Nvidia's ridiculous prices. They are the ones satisfying the demand by putting their money into Nvidia's coffers.

High end gaming is not for the poor(not me) or for the Nvidia haters(me) at the moment.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:34 AM   #3393
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Multi-GPU Graphics Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
So you call him out only and not the other buyers of the premium cards?

It doesn't matter who bitches and moans it's about those who buy at Nvidia's ridiculous prices. They are the ones satisfying the demand by putting their money into Nvidia's coffers.

High end gaming is not for the poor(not me) or for the Nvidia haters(me) at the moment.

It was more about the Ironic twist of the loudest complainer about price but yet pays the premiums. I agree it's consumers willing to pay such premiums are the major reason for price increases. I am surprised by the demand and figured there would be a buying wall of resistance.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:11 PM   #3394
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
It's just a credibility issue; you bitched the loudest about pricing and yet pay the premiums. If Nvidia didn't have demand.they would lower their Turing pricing even without competition. However, demand may change dramatically with strong competition and more value motivation to keep demand strong may be needed.
I bitch because I do hate the prices but that does not mean a won't buy it only that I don't like the prices .
and I have a very small hope they watch the net and the more people bitching may effect the final MSRP
hell without all the bitching maybe the 2080 ti would have been 1499

release dates
1080 ti May 27th, 2016

to

2080 ti September 2018

after 28 months the demand was going to be there as long as they are the only game it town no matter what …... period end of story
and it is mostly people like me with 4k buying

and yes they knew it and overpriced them and sales are not as high as normal
but they will not lower prices at this point and admit they were wrong plus having all the people that did buy screaming at them

and sorry but prices are going to stay there

…..
Jensen has away wanted them over 1000 bucks

I remember back in the 8800 ultra days he said so
he thinks NV is a status symbol like Ferrari and should be priced that way

so go piss on his door

………

and sorry but prices are going to stay there till AMD hits back
hell I have always hated NVidia for **** like this and their proprietary crap and would much rather buy AMD even if 5% to 10% slower
but they are not even close and I can't go crossfire anymore as it works like crap now
hell I built a threadripper system for crossfire and they killed it

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 9, 2019 at 12:30 PM.
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:30 PM   #3395
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

As long as you're enjoying your choice that is all that truly matters. Appreciate your passion for pc gaming.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:41 PM   #3396
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
As long as you're enjoying your choice that is all that truly matters. Appreciate your passion for pc gaming.
for years I have bought two cards for CF every time since the x1950xtx at 550 each
and since the GTX 680 4 cards two for CF and two for SLI

buying only a single RTX 2080 ti Strix at 1350 and moving the 1080 ti was actually a whole lot cheaper

and as soon as AMD get a good card i'll drop NV like a hot rock just like I dropped Intel

…….

have you gone lower priced ryzen or still on intel ?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:46 PM   #3397
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If bill at 60 can’t afford a 2080 Ti I don’t know who tf can?
Plus he got it because he purposefully came in front of a car to get some shoulder insurance money. So he really didn’t pay for it. Cut him some slack.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:48 PM   #3398
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Plus he got it because he purposefully came in front of a car to get some shoulder insurance money. So he really didn’t pay for it. Cut him some slack.
no i'm not that dumb
Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:55 PM   #3399
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Jury is out.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 01:21 PM   #3400
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
In fairness I did the same thing. Mea culpa.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2019, 09:41 PM   #3401
KAC
That postcount though...

I am still thinking about the RTX 2080 for some reason.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:30 PM   #3402
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Just hold off until at least a refresh or next gen. You don’t need to move off a 1080 Ti unless you’re dying to take advantage of the wide range of Ray tracing titles.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 08:43 AM   #3403
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
....unless you’re dying to take advantage of the wide range of Ray tracing titles.
, I see what you did there. More are incoming though.

yoz
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:31 AM   #3404
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
You mize we’ll wait for the 2080 stupppper!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2019, 05:17 PM   #3405
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
, I see what you did there. More are incoming though.
Don’t know what you’re talking about.

But seriously, KAC should hold off.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 06:59 PM   #3406
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Don’t know what you’re talking about.

But seriously, KAC should hold off.
At this point, yeah.

yoz
Old Jun 11, 2019, 03:20 PM   #3407
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Cyberpunk 2077 will launch with Nvidia RTX ray tracing support
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=407

Quote:
E3 2019: Biggest Blockbusters, Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs: Legion, Add Ray Tracing. And There Are More On The Way, Including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...v-int-gr-92432

Last edited by bill dennison : Jun 11, 2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 05:31 PM   #3408
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Only poor people side grade dude. You should go ballz deep and grab the Ti.
So where's your 2080ti Happa. Oh sorry move on wrong question People who live in greenhouses shouldn't throw stones
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2019, 05:35 PM   #3409
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
nice one KAC.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2019, 05:50 PM   #3410
acroig
Master Troll

yoz
Old Jun 12, 2019, 08:21 AM   #3411
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

3080Ti, or whatever they decide to call it, should be out by then. Still on the fence about the premise though, I want more medieval fantasy from CD Project, not a Deus Ex.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 08:40 AM   #3412
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
3080Ti, or whatever they decide to call it, should be out by then. Still on the fence about the premise though, I want more medieval fantasy from CD Project, not a Deus Ex.
3 should be enough let them slide outta that wheel house for a bit and stretch their legs before they jump back into witcher type games :D

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 11:05 AM   #3413
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
medieval fantasy took a arrow to the knee

I got bored of W3
Old Jun 12, 2019, 01:19 PM   #3414
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
So where's your 2080ti Happa. Oh sorry move on wrong question People who live in greenhouses shouldn't throw stones
I run 2 in SLI dude.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2019, 05:19 PM   #3415
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I run 2 in SLI dude.
And you use the 3rd reference cards blower as an intake for the case.