Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:15 PM   #1591
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

From a viewer's perspective, I think its more about the community.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2014, 09:37 AM   #1592
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

I mostly use let's plays in place of reviews. I feel they give a more accurate impression of the composition and pacing of the gameplay. A channel like WTF Is also exposes me to a lot of games that I would not have otherwise noticed.

Also, a lot of people into competitive multiplayer games watch matches to learn strategy and technique.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 02:27 PM   #1593
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
I mostly use let's plays in place of reviews. I feel they give a more accurate impression of the composition and pacing of the gameplay. A channel like WTF Is also exposes me to a lot of games that I would not have otherwise noticed.
Feel the same way.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:17 PM   #1594
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Soon April and still no MP3, still no DLNA, still no USB.

What the hell is this ****? My god damn cellphone now offers more flexibility than my console.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 06:35 AM   #1595
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Stay away from the console version of thief, seems like they're all bad in one way or another.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...t-gen-face-off
What I don't even

FXAA only, hitching 30fps, xbone 900p and drops to 20s, ps4 no AF

7850 runs it maxed 1080p with mins at 45.

Jesus.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:21 AM   #1596
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i can see that thief is a low budget game.. just look at it
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:22 AM   #1597
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It actually looks pretty good.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 07:25 AM   #1598
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Theif looks fantastic on the Master Race Edition.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:44 PM   #1599
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/...ng-resolution/

Seems Lego the Movie, uses SSAA on PS4, albest a very small amount, 1920x1280 is such a ... odd resolution

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2014, 11:39 PM   #1600
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Gays, final post on Killzone. Game was frickin' insane. Last few levels have a lot of polygons and lots of draw distance stuff happening really giving the game a grand feel to it. The final level was a bit disappointing and I almost broke my controller on it. I literally had to youtube it A LITTLE BIT NOT THE WHOLE THING OF COURSE and then completed it in under 10 minutes

My overall rating for the game is 9/10. If you have a PS4 and are looking for a straight up shooter with gorgeous graphics, tons of collectibles to find, an almost 8-10 hour campaign, some great weaponry and tactical gameplay (applies to 50% of the game) and amazing production values, then Killzone is for you. Really enjoyed it a lot and like Killzone 2 before it was worth the price of admission and purchase of the console.

Btw, all the complaints of not being able to see the bad guys came to life in one of the night levels but still not too bad since you can practically send out the OWL to spot them for you and then take pot shots at them from a distance. My other complaint is that unlike Crysis when I walk through trees and bushes, they don't move at all. This should have been included in a next gen game. Seriously, I have nothing else to complain about .

Go get a PS4 and get Killzone with it.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:11 AM   #1601
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/...ng-resolution/

Seems Lego the Movie, uses SSAA on PS4, albest a very small amount, 1920x1280 is such a ... odd resolution
that's 16:10 ratio. so strange
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:52 AM   #1602
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

It's 2004 again.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 01:04 AM   #1603
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Bought a 2nd hand copy of Killzone on Ebay for £17.

Except for this, Resogun (got via PS Plus), and Infamous, I think that will be it for the PS4 for whenever something else pops up.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Mar 17, 2014, 02:43 AM   #1604
gamekill
keep gaming!

gamekill is still being judged by the masses

I'm in San Francisco for the week (Game Developers Conference), and bought a PS4 for my friend at GameStop. They refused to have it tested at the store. After two days I finally found a TV I could test it on (the one at my hotel room wont switch to different inputs). GPU corruption breaks the image and freezes the console when booting up. I'll have to try and have it replaced tomorrow morning. Just ranting. Thanks GameStop for the nice service (refusing to have it tested).

|| ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
||____________________________________________________________________________________________
gamekill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 02:51 AM   #1605
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Why would they test brand new items?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 03:52 AM   #1606
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Yeah I don't know of any store that will test items that are new.

Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:04 AM   #1607
gamekill
keep gaming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Why would they test brand new items?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Yeah I don't know of any store that will test items that are new.
Because of the knowingly large number of defective units?
Also because a customer politely asked? And explained he cannot have it eventually replaced by Sony, due to living in a shitty country called Brazil?

I don't know, I always expect customer service to be a priority to stores.. guess I am too naive.

||____________________________________________________________________________________________
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:20 AM   #1608
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Never heard of a store testing a unit on the spot

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:35 AM   #1609
gamekill
keep gaming!

Well I guess it is not a common practice in the US then, as you guys said.
I am used to being able to ask for these things at stores.
Anyway, I'm taking it back to the store and hopefully will get a replacement in good working order.

Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:30 PM   #1610
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Definitely not a common practice at all for new items. Had it been a used system they might have booted it up for you. Even then the thing is checked and checked again before they out it for sale... Even at a place like GameStop.

I could see why they won't open new things as they don't want to be liable for anything that could happen to the product.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2014, 01:51 PM   #1611
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamekill View Post
Well I guess it is not a common practice in the US then, as you guys said.
I am used to being able to ask for these things at stores.
Anyway, I'm taking it back to the store and hopefully will get a replacement in good working order.

I think after you had bought it, they would have been willing to hook it up and test it before you took it home. If it didn't work, I believe they would have been willing to replace it on the spot. Gamestop almost certainly has a TV to test consoles people want to trade in, so I don't see why it would be a problem. If it had been very busy, I could see why they might not want to test it.

That said, I am not at all surprised that they wouldn't test it before you bought it. No one is going to want pay new price for an open box console, if for whatever reason the customer changes their mind at the last minute.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 03:11 PM   #1612
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Been there, have requested hardware (when I'm worried) to be quick tested before purchase. Never a problem, but I guess this mostly depends on customer service. I've seen others do this too, for instance mobile phones.

If a store wouldn't allow a box to be opened and the hardware to be booted up on request, before a payment had been made when it was obvious I was about to pay just hesitant to the state of the hardware inside, I'd go somewhere else.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 03:50 PM   #1613
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Speaking of hardware failures...
Yesterday i booted up the ps4 after about 2 weeks of not using it and launched netflix, i noticed after about 15-20 minutes the screen went black for a second or 2 and resumed playing, after that i would notice flickers of a fraction of a second every few minutes, shut netflix down thinking it was a stremaing issue but i was seeing the flickering in the homescreen as weel, using the hdmi cable that came with it, anybody experienced anything similar?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 03:55 PM   #1614
Myth
Rage3D Veteran

Myth is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
Speaking of hardware failures...
Yesterday i booted up the ps4 after about 2 weeks of not using it and launched netflix, i noticed after about 15-20 minutes the screen went black for a second or 2 and resumed playing, after that i would notice flickers of a fraction of a second every few minutes, shut netflix down thinking it was a stremaing issue but i was seeing the flickering in the homescreen as weel, using the hdmi cable that came with it, anybody experienced anything similar?
Did you have it in standby mode for those 2 weeks before booting cuz if so i have experienced the EXACT same issue with netflix after powering on from standby mode after a week or 2. It was fine tho after I turned it off and turned it back on but it seems to be an issue related to waking from standby mode after a long time.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 06:04 PM   #1615
wangFu
take him away!

Not really, it was off completely, gon a try a different hdmi cable tonight, read up on people having similar issues with the original

Old Mar 18, 2014, 08:55 AM   #1616
Myth
Rage3D Veteran

Myth is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
Not really, it was off completely, gon a try a different hdmi cable tonight, read up on people having similar issues with the original

Yea ive heard of this issue having to do with hdmi as well but then again ive also heard of (and experienced) this issue (among other minor things like sound in the O/S cutting out ala BF4) coming out of standby mode from a week or so. Hope its just the cable in your case.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:38 AM   #1617
wangFu
take him away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth View Post
Yea ive heard of this issue having to do with hdmi as well but then again ive also heard of (and experienced) this issue (among other minor things like sound in the O/S cutting out ala BF4) coming out of standby mode from a week or so. Hope its just the cable in your case.
i've had the sound issue as well when coming out of standby, hopefully these are all software bugs and will be worked out, first console i buy at launch and i feel like a beta tester
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:29 AM   #1618
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

PS4 video editing, HDCP off, 720p Twitch coming

Quote:
Sony has announced additional PS4 video features coming in a firmware update in "the upcoming weeks".

A video editor is being added so you can personalise video and screenshots, and you'll be able to put them on a USB device by pressing Share.

External video recording will be enabled with the ability to turn HDCP off and capture via HDMI.

The update will enable archiving of Twitch broadcasts, and in 720p.

"There's a lot more coming in this update as well, so stay tuned for more - there will be plenty in the update to excite everyone," wrote Sony America's Scott McCarthy in a PlayStation Blog post.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2014, 08:09 PM   #1619
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Sony Underestimated Demand for PS4 Camera

The peripheral has sold 900,000 units to date.

Sony sold more PlayStation 4 camera peripherals since the console's launch than the company originally expected. Now, the camera is "severely supply constrained," a Sony employee said at GDC today.

During a presentation, Chris Norden, a senior staff developer support engineer at Sony, said that the company is working on replenishing supply for the peripheral, Gamespot reports. The camera has a console attach rate of about 15 percent, meaning Sony has sold about 900,000 units to date.

Norden said that Sony doesn't have a date when the camera will return to store shelves, and said, "Please be patient," in the meantime.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...for-ps4-camera

can you guys remain patient until the camera is back in stock??
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2014, 08:36 PM   #1620
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
can you guys remain patient until the camera is back in stock??
Twitch pretty much single handedly sold that damn camera. It's crazy how popular it got once people realized what you could do with it. Streaming wise that is.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote