Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:42 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Confirmed Day One Games

Battlefield 4 DICE Wiki
Call of Duty: Ghosts Infinity Ward Wiki
DC Universe Online Sony Online Entertainment Wiki
DriveClub Evolution Studios Wiki
FIFA 14 EA Sports Wiki
Madden NFL 25 EA Sports Wiki
NBA Live 14 EA Sports Wiki
Killzone Shadow Fall Guerilla Cambridge Wiki
Knack Studio Japan Wiki
PlanetSide 2 Sony Wiki
Skylanders: Swap Force Vicarious Visions Wiki
Warframe Digital Extremes Wiki
Watch Dogs Ubisoft Montreal Wiki

Launch Window Games

This is the list of games planned to launch for the PlayStation 4 between Day 1 and the end of March 2014 – the "launch window."

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Ubisoft Wiki
Blacklight Retribution Zombie Studios Wiki
Diablo 3 Blizzard Wiki
Just Dance 2014 Ubisoft Wiki
inFamous Second Son Sucker Punch Wiki
Need for Speed: Rivals Ghost, Criterion Wiki
Planetside 2 Sony Online Entertainment Wiki
The Crew Ivory Towers and Reflections Wiki
The Order: 1886 Ready At Dawn Studios Wiki
The Witness Thekla Inc. Wiki
Wolfenstein: The New Order Machine Games Wiki

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation..._Launch_Titles

the games I am interested are Knack, Killzone, DriveClub, The Order and Infamous.... also maybe Watch Dogs and The Crew.
3 games on Launch and 4 more games until March, that's impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Last edited by nomore : Jun 16, 2013 at 11:49 AM.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 01:24 PM   #272
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

man where are the japanese studios?
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 01:33 PM   #273
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciera View Post
Be excited for E3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 16, 2013, 01:36 PM   #274
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Out of the launch list The Order and The Witness are the two I'm shooting for. Will pick up Watch Dogs, but it might be on my Wii U to show support for the platform.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 02:12 PM   #275
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

there hasn't been a decent launch line up since the snes, n64 days and they had less games. (i remember n64 being just super mario 64, pilotwings and turok i think... not sure on the snes ones apart from mario world)
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 02:16 PM   #276
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Dreamcast had the best launch titles. Probably will never be beat.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2013, 11:20 PM   #277
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thumbs up

I think I will end up picking the console during Winter Holidays/Christmas and quite possibly will get:

Driveclub
Killzone
Knack
The Crew
The Order
The Witness

Any game that is on PC will not be picked up for PS4 as a rule of thumb unless it is clearly superior on the console platform.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:09 AM   #278
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I was looking forward to destiny to get along with the console but it doesn't seem to be close to launch, i am torn between watch dogs and killzone
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:17 PM   #279
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm looking for to Dragon's Crown (can't believe that's not getting more coverage), Madden 25 (cause I'm a man), FFXIV (don't want to play it on the PC for some reason, probably cause nostalgia) and The Order.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 02:20 PM   #280
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post
Dreamcast had the best launch titles. Probably will never be beat.
soul caliber and nfl 2k? they had a bunch of games at launch but if memory serves me those are the only two that were all that great.

EDIT: ok looked it up and I guess a small step down you could add in HotD2, Hydro Thunder and Tokyo Xtreme Racer.

Power stone and Airforce delta were pretty good too but I still maintain that Soul Calibur and NFL 2k were the only system sellers of the bunch.

As far as PS4 launch titles I'll have to wait till closer to launch but if its on par with or better then the PC version at launch I'll pick up Watch Dogs and just get the PC version later for cheep to check out mods. I think Drive club is free with PS+ at launch and beyond that ill have to think about it but maybe ill wait a couple weeks to pick up another or I may be influenced by the lvl of Vita integration in a game.

Last edited by jimjobob : Jun 17, 2013 at 02:29 PM.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2013, 09:03 PM   #281
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

The PS4 Exclusives You Need to Know About
a take on the PS4 exclusives so far:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/06/18...-to-know-about

PlayStation 4 Games Will Cost $59.99

If you were worried about PlayStation 4 games costing more than PlayStation 3 games, think again. Sony has confirmed to ShackNews that PS4 titles purchased at retail will cost $59.99.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...will-cost-5999

Quote:
"Correct, we have announced the pricing for our first party line up of PS4 launch and launch window games. All four titles, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Driveclub, Knack, and inFamous Second Son are all $59.99."
But what about third-party retailers? Most publishers have not publicly commented on their pricing plans yet, however online retailers like Amazon and GameStop have also been offering next-gen game pre-orders with the $59.99 price tag. Due to pre-order price guarantees, these retailers would be locked into these prices, so it only makes sense for online retailers to take those steps if they're relatively certain those prices are final.
Quote:

Last edited by nomore : Jun 18, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 04:43 PM   #282
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciera View Post
Hope MGS5 is ready for launch.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 04:52 PM   #283
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Hope MGS5 is ready for launch.
It will not be, it is only coming out on the 360/PS3 this year.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:07 PM   #284
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I thought it was a "next gen" title?
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:09 PM   #285
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's current gen, it is also coming out on one/ps4, and maybe pc, but the current gen versions are the only ones coming out this year.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 05:11 PM   #286
demo
space cadet

I want a PS4 but none of the launch games interest me, or will be better on PC.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 08:39 AM   #287
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:

Same here. That's why I'm not getting a launch console this gen for the first time since original NES.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:01 AM   #288
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

Personally, I am interested in Knack but I will probably get Watchdogs on PS4 as well. My PC CPU is just getting a little tired but I don't want to do a system upgrade yet.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:22 PM   #289
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Same here. That's why I'm not getting a launch console this gen for the first time since original NES.
Wow, that's a heck of a streak.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:52 PM   #290
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdelphiaX View Post
Wow, that's a heck of a streak.
To be clear, I haven't bought EVERY console released at its launch since then. That would be ridiculous! I've just at least bought one during each generation since the early 90's during its launch.

For example, last gen I bought a 360 at launch but got a PS3 later when the slim was released.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:01 PM   #291
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

20 Exclusives, 12 New Franchises Coming to PlayStation 4 in Year One

"There’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back."

Sony's first-party studios have 30 games in development for the PlayStation 4, 20 of which are due to release within a year of the console's launch and 12 of which are new franchises.
That's according to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe CEO Jim Ryan, who told Gamereactor at E3 that more titles would be unveiled at Gamescom.

"At the event in New York on February 20 of this year, we showed a lot of software," he explained. "We showed a lot of first-party software. What we did at E3 here was really show some updates to those games, and, as you mentioned, introduce The Order: 1886. There’s a lot coming.

"I’m sure you heard from [SCE Worldwide Studios boss] Shu [Yoshida] that he has—just his studios—he has 30 games in development. 20 of them are going to ship within the first year of the console’s life, and of those, 12 are new IP.
"So there’s a lot going on, it’s just that we need to keep stuff back. We’ve got Gamescom for us Europeans—we need to have something to show at Gamescom, don’t we?"
At the moment, the first-party exclusives we've seen for the PlayStation 4 are DriveClub, Knack, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Infamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886. It sounds like this list will grow following Gamescom, which is taking place between August 21 and 25.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-4-in-year-one
Quote:
Old Jun 24, 2013, 08:13 PM   #292
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Awesome. Even though I prefer forza over gt, the xbox exclusive list is pretty shallow and I actually think titan fall is overrated. Distract 9 in a video game.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 08:40 AM   #293
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

20 exclusives is enough to convince me to get the console at launch. I love it.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:03 AM   #294
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

NEW FRANCHISES is what I'm looking forward too. Probably why I didn't play my PS3 other than for blu-rays. How many times does one need to play Madden or Call of Duty? I WANT NEW GAMES. And not just a "reskinned" Call of Duty either.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:41 AM   #295
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
NEW FRANCHISES is what I'm looking forward too. Probably why I didn't play my PS3 other than for blu-rays. How many times does one need to play Madden or Call of Duty? I WANT NEW GAMES. And not just a "reskinned" Call of Duty either.
Err... dude, PS3 had more NEW franchises than Wii or Xbox 360 last year.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:40 PM   #296
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Heavy Rain, Beyond Two souls, Last of Us, uncharted, Flower, Journey, Infamous.

Just to name a few on the top of my head.

In my opinion when it comes to the actual games PS3 shits over the other consoles.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:40 PM   #297
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
... That's silly, the PS3 has had more unique and new IPs compared to any other console. The only platform that has had more unique IPs has been PC, but that has always been the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:47 PM   #298
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Heavy Rain, Beyond Two souls, Last of Us, uncharted, Flower, Journey, Infamous.

Just to name a few on the top of my head.

In my opinion when it comes to the actual games PS3 shits over the other consoles.
Demon Souls, Dust 514, Pixel Junk Series, Heavenly Sword, Resistance, Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, freaking bat **** crazy Tokyo Jungle, Catherine, Valkyria Chronicles...

Come on. It rivals PC in terms of exclusive content, and PC has the indie crowd to boosts its numbers.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 01:08 PM   #299
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Been wavering on the PS4 - I think you guys just talked me into it.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2013, 09:24 PM   #300
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Swore off these consoles and damn thing drawing me in. Any idea on HDD size? Or is there going to just be this one version or is Sony planning to launch multiple HDD types like the PS3? Any special launch versions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote