Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:28 PM   #8101
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Yeah...it's the same exact update. It took me 2 hours to download...now I have to wait all over again.

Also, how is this an "update"? It looks like the entire expansion to me. How did it uninstall itself? What could I possibly get in an update that is a whopping 3.9GB?
Maybe the n00bs at EA gave out a bugged dl the first time, I dont know.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:29 PM   #8102
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
You can use them in all modes/maps.
yep, any expansion stuff you get unlock from any expansion can be used anywhere.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:50 PM   #8103
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

maps are fairly large in size ~800mb each. Also DICE have never been good at making small patches.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:51 PM   #8104
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
maps are fairly large in size ~800mb each. Also DICE have never been good at making small patches.
So the "update" added a bunch of new maps? I didn't see that in the update list.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 04:54 PM   #8105
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
So the "update" added a bunch of new maps? I didn't see that in the update list.
aftermath is new maps. not sure why the patch was so large though.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 05:02 PM   #8106
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Yes, and they are bloody excellent imo. Best maps so far.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:30 PM   #8107
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

The new patch has made some changes to existing maps.

Canals for example, facing the train depot on the right corner, running up those stairs is no longer out of bounds. They pushed the barriers back a bit allowing us to take advantage of that little area that people love camping at.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 07:32 PM   #8108
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

That explains the size of the patch.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:10 AM   #8109
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I think my highest kill total in a jet.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...9/1/243540384/

easy as hell to dominate on Oman...
Old Dec 9, 2012, 02:18 AM   #8110
demo
space cadet

Nice skill score for a pilot bob!
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:24 PM   #8111
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Not a fan of scavenger myself, but the maps are great. I really wish BF3 had a version of Rush with no respawns, and that once the objectives are blown, you then respawn. That would be esports material imo.
Except the rush modes are designed to give the defenders a serious advantage, so it really wouldn't work out that well. I just wish they would bring back CTF.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 12:32 PM   #8112
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Except the rush modes are designed to give the defenders a serious advantage, so it really wouldn't work out that well. I just wish they would bring back CTF.
Defenders have the advantage in pretty much all S&D type game modes in every game, plus each team gets to defend. Could do with some tweaking, like only 1 of the 2 targets needs to be destroyed for the next section to open. Thats how S&D format seems to work in every game anyway, only 1 of the 2 targets needs to be destroyed.

As for CTF, sure its ok if you want TDM with an objective, but it will never be good for competition.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:35 PM   #8113
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Defenders have the advantage in pretty much all S&D type game modes in every game, plus each team gets to defend. Could do with some tweaking, like only 1 of the 2 targets needs to be destroyed for the next section to open. Thats how S&D format seems to work in every game anyway, only 1 of the 2 targets needs to be destroyed.

As for CTF, sure its ok if you want TDM with an objective, but it will never be good for competition.
Every mode is TDM with an objective. S&D is TDM with an objective.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 01:43 PM   #8114
demo
space cadet

Quote:
S&D is TDM with an objective.
I've never seen death match with no respawns.. death match /= round based.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 04:02 PM   #8115
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I've never seen death match with no respawns.. death match /= round based.
CTF is round based...
CTF is tdm with objectives, s&d is tdm with no respawns and objectives etc.. Single player rpg's are just like TDM with no teams and wizards and potions, board games are TDM with boardwalk and park place... whatever dude, I was just saying I like ctf, BF1942 had it and I wish they would add the mode back in. The crazy ass runs with the flags were great, something you don't see in rush or CS type games..

All that aside, the point I was making was: rush maps and the mode itself are too defensively biased as is, sure you can tweak them to be counterstrike, but then why not just play CS?

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Dec 9, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2012, 06:09 PM   #8116
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

LOL well looks like DICE has ****ed this game royaly now in the campaign. When you reach A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE and you need to take out the jet with Stinger, the Stinger magically does not appear, its all over the EA forums. Does not effect the PC only, seems it effects PS3/XBOX360 aswell lol. Problem has existed for 4 days now lol and both EA/DICE are stumped as to what is causing the problem.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 10:49 PM   #8117
demo
space cadet

Quote:
CTF is round based...
CTF is tdm with objectives, s&d is tdm with no respawns and objectives etc.. Single player rpg's are just like TDM with no teams and wizards and potions, board games are TDM with boardwalk and park place... whatever dude, I was just saying I like ctf, BF1942 had it and I wish they would add the mode back in. The crazy ass runs with the flags were great, something you don't see in rush or CS type games..

All that aside, the point I was making was: rush maps and the mode itself are too defensively biased as is, sure you can tweak them to be counterstrike, but then why not just play CS?
While I disagree with everything you said about round based gameplay and TDM, I think adding more game modes like CTF would be great, the more the merrier.

Why not just play CS? because I'd rather play BF3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
LOL well looks like DICE has ****ed this game royaly now in the campaign. When you reach A ROCK AND A HARD PLACE and you need to take out the jet with Stinger, the Stinger magically does not appear, its all over the EA forums. Does not effect the PC only, seems it effects PS3/XBOX360 aswell lol. Problem has existed for 4 days now lol and both EA/DICE are stumped as to what is causing the problem.
There's a campaign??
Old Dec 9, 2012, 11:13 PM   #8118
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
There's a campaign??
There is, and it's actually not bad. I liked it better than CoD BlOPS (1), but different strokes, etc.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:10 AM   #8119
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I never play the campaigns for these games, but that is inexcusable. Some people buy these types of games for the campaign only.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:12 AM   #8120
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Guys, don't worry, DICE will fix it.

In February/March

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:20 AM   #8121
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I never play the campaigns for these games, but that is inexcusable. Some people buy these types of games for the campaign only.
I buy Call of Duty games for the campaign only. Only when the price drops to $15 or blow though. I hate COD multiplayer.

BF3 is the only MP I actually like
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:15 PM   #8122
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

The cannons on the rush jets are insane overpowered. Almost no challenge whatsoever against tanks. wish they would have kept the same damage from the conquest jets.

Also shot down sturdywings (famous pilot/youtuber) couple times today 1v1 he raped me but me and a friend double teamed him multiple times.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:27 PM   #8123
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Trying to get a bit better performance with the least drop in IQ on my rig. Usually sitting around 35fps. I've looked through a few online guides that were no help. I've also tried changing several settings that normally have a large impact on performance. They had no apparent effect.

Any suggestions?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:58 PM   #8124
demo
space cadet

^ upgrade CPU imo
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:14 PM   #8125
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
^ upgrade CPU imo
Not what I asked.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:16 PM   #8126
demo
space cadet

Heh, well not much you can do except get a faster CPU. Changing graphics settings wont do a whole lot past a certain point.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:21 PM   #8127
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Heh, well not much you can do except get a faster CPU. Changing graphics settings wont do a whole lot past a certain point.
Show me some benchmarks that will prove that changing my CPU would be more beneficial than getting a 2nd GTX580 or GTX680 and I might give it more than a brief thought. I haven't seen anything too convincing yet.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:26 PM   #8128
demo
space cadet

If you say changing obvious graphics settings is having no apparent effect on increasing performance, its seems to me you are on the CPU limited side of things.. which would make sense given the CPU. A single 580 isnt exactly going to power through BF3 either.

1155 chip and another 580 will run it like a champ.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:39 PM   #8129
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

How does one view another dudes PC specs? I can't find the option in their avatar.

Anyways, bf3 is cpu demanding. First thing that would require love.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:41 PM   #8130
demo
space cadet

<--------- Says "system specs" on the left for me *shrug*