Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:12 AM   #5281
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
is the Back to Karkland expansion playable yet? they said it was to be released today no?
Only on the ps3.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:14 AM   #5282
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbomb View Post
LMAO

One thing i find annoying when I join a server it takes 2 tries because it always crashes the first time. If I have bloatlog in full screen the popup window saying the game crashed is not visable. If you don't click on the box it looks like the game is still loading the map.
this happens to me virtually every time i am going to a new server. and if it's not this, i'll get a disconnected from ea online error. and sometimes, it launches the single player game when i'm trying to join a multiplayer server . that's of course before the random crashes that can happen while playing in the server, which is rare thankfully, but it still does happen.

this game....

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
is the Back to Karkland expansion playable yet? they said it was to be released today no?
14th for us. today for ps3 owners.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:24 AM   #5283
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

How to fix the disconnected from EA online 99% of the time it is punkbuster related (don't understand why DICE loves PB, but they do so we are stuck with it)

Go here:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf3.php
grab the 3 files and put them in the correct folders:Right click to choose "save as" to your "pb" folder - make sure the file you save is saved with the filename shown below.
For Players:
1.) Filename: pbsec.htm
The NEXT TWO, right click the appropriate links below and choose "save as" to your "pb\htm" folder
2.)PB Client v2.279 for Win32 Filename: wc002279.htm
3.)PB ClientA v1386 for Win32 Filename: wa001386.htm

next go here:http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

grab: pbsetup

run pb setup, add bf3, check for updates

last step, grab pbsvc run it and make sure punkbuster A and B services are running. In BFBC2, the B service never autostarted for me ever, so I would have to go to services and manually turn it on every time I wanted to pay.

If that fails, you can also right click the bf3 game in origin and select repair, sometimes bf3 doesnt update correctly and this will usually fix it.

Lastly, turn off yoru antivirus/firewall.

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Dec 6, 2011 at 10:32 AM.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:30 AM   #5284
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
How to fix the disconnected from EA online:

Go here:

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf3.php
grab the 3 files and put them in the correct folders:Right click to choose "save as" to your "pb" folder - make sure the file you save is saved with the filename shown below.
For Players:
1.) Filename: pbsec.htm
The NEXT TWO, right click the appropriate links below and choose "save as" to your "pb\htm" folder
2.)PB Client v2.279 for Win32 Filename: wc002279.htm
3.)PB ClientA v1386 for Win32 Filename: wa001386.htm

next go here:http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

grab: pbsetup

run pb setup, add bf3, check for updates

last step, grab pbsvc run it and make sure punkbuster A and B services are running.

If that fails, you can also right click the bf3 game in origin and select repair, sometimes bf3 doesnt update correctly and this will usually fix it.

Lastly, turn off yoru antivirus/firewall.
this is why dice ****ed up on bf3... why do i even need any addition file from some place on the internet to get the game to work
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:35 AM   #5285
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Well theoretically, it is supposed to auto-update, but it never works right for me and a lot of other people. Some people never have problems. Oh well, what can you do, at least the fix is easy enough.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:38 AM   #5286
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
this is why dice ****ed up on bf3... why do i even need any addition file from some place on the internet to get the game to work
In this case, you should actually blame even balance.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:39 AM   #5287
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

punkbuster is fine.

i've manually checked and it doesn't update. besides, if it were a punkbuster error, it should happen every time i connect to multiplayer but it doesn't. it lets me play most of the time but then the error pops up randomly now and then.

it's just one in a line of silly errors that make the game frustrating to play :|
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:56 AM   #5288
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
In this case, you should actually blame even balance.
i installed this game 5 times to get it work... 10+ hours..

this game is as buggy and as unbalance as it can get.. but it is ok fun

Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:19 PM   #5289
Melhisedek
Radeon Northern Islands

Melhisedek is still being judged by the masses

What settings give best performance increase? Game doesn't float well at all on my rig
[email protected] 3.9
5850 GPU barely overclocked.

Most settings are medium, a few are at high. AA and occlusion are OFF.

Any ideas?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:41 PM   #5290
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Since the last patch every time I would start my first game it would crash, then for the rest of session not a single issue, even with map changes...

Now with this patch there's no crash at start, so I'm happy. We'll see how it goes when I try tonight after work. The changes on this patch are for the most part awesome too... although I think making the IRNV useless is kind of dumb. I never really used it and it never bothered me when others used it, so whatever.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:42 PM   #5291
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melhisedek View Post
What settings give best performance increase? Game doesn't float well at all on my rig
[email protected] 3.9

Any ideas?
It's time to retire your dual core cpu.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:44 PM   #5292
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
It's time to retire your dual core cpu.
+1

Quad core makes a big difference in this game. Even on my old ass Q6600 I'm running all default settings, which has everything at high, Pre AA off, Post AA high., 16x AF.. Always around 60fps or above.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:47 PM   #5293
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
[email protected] 3.9

Any ideas?
no you just can't play this game very smooth with 2 core cpu.

had e7400 cpu load is 100% all the time with bf3, even moving from 1080p to 720p the fps stay the same.

upgraded to i5 2320. and now i get much smoother gameplay.....

Old Dec 6, 2011, 12:56 PM   #5294
Melhisedek
Radeon Northern Islands

Melhisedek is still being judged by the masses

I see. Damn no monies for upgrade Was planning to wait for Sandy Bridge and than upgrade. So CPU is holding me back right?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 01:07 PM   #5295
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I see. Damn no monies for upgrade Was planning to wait for Sandy Bridge and than upgrade. So CPU is holding me back right?
yea, you can really tell, which i did notice. even changing the setting from ultra to low setting, and res from 1080p to 720p

the fps did not change at all and i am using a 6950 1gb.

i even find ultra setting and higher res to be sometimes smoother than lower setting on my e7400.

and 100% cpu load is insane.. once i upgraded to i5 and fps at 1080p average 40-60. on 720p 60-120... which on my e7400 fps for online mode were 20-30 average

so indeed the cpu was very very slow for bf3.....

Last edited by wc326 : Dec 6, 2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 01:08 PM   #5296
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yeap. You're definitely CPU limited
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 01:14 PM   #5297
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The IRNV change is some of the most retarded sh** I've ever seen. They "nerfed" it so that now it's practically worthless and can only see areas that are like 10 feet in front of you. Really, what is the point of the IRNV now? It has absolutely no range and in CQB, it's slower to pull up than iron and red dot sights. Just take it out of the game, DICE. I wasn't even a big IRNV user pre-patch - I just hate it when they take something that needs to be slightly tweaked and has pros/cons just like any other scope and completely weaken it to the point of serving no purpose at all.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 01:19 PM   #5298
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

now sniper will have a hard time spoting lol?? am i right

Old Dec 6, 2011, 02:04 PM   #5299
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Did they nerf it even harder on the pc?

Looks like they did not implement the same nerf on the pc as they did on the ps3.

why don't they just remove that. completely turning it from a wall hack to a color blind view....

Old Dec 6, 2011, 03:44 PM   #5300
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

IRNV = nub scope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:12 PM   #5301
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
The IRNV change is some of the most retarded sh** I've ever seen. They "nerfed" it so that now it's practically worthless ...
Good. Should have never been in the game period.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:15 PM   #5302
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

New patch for me fixed the random crashes, especially when I first load up a server from battlelog. On the flip side tho, I now can't seem to create or join a party :/
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:15 PM   #5303
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
They "nerfed" it so that now it's practically worthless
Thank god.

Quote:
I just hate it when they take something that needs to be slightly tweaked and has pros/cons just like any other scope and completely weaken it to the point of serving no purpose at all.
lol.
The "pros" of the IRNV VASTLY OUTWEIGHED any of its "cons", especially in outdoor maps. And you know what, when 15 people on one team are doing nothing but camping prone in bushes with the IRNV, it completely RUINS THE GAME. When I'm on a team like that we win with no effort whatsoever by a HUGE margin, and when I'm on the other end the game its rage quittingly frustrating.

When a nerf benefits the vast majority of players (the non IRNV users), better balances the game, makes outdoor maps more tolerable, puts a dent in the number of campers, encourages more offensive play and has been asked for non stop ever since release day - the devs damn well better do it.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:57 PM   #5304
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The way they should have done the IRNV is to be worth on darker place. You should not even be able to see anything it on lightened area or plain daylight. It was just badly conceived.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:07 PM   #5305
Sherv
Radeon R600

Sherv is still being judged by the masses

Thought my 1gb 5870 was choking BF3 @ 2560*1440 (online, NOT SP), no AA, high & ultra detail, dropping to 3fps then back up to 45fps but last night i checked task manager & my system RAM was 3700mb utilization and i only have 4GB system RAM! So it's probably not the 1gb gpu (every other game is fine at that res, even Crysis 2 w/ dx11 & ultra textures) but must be the system RAM so i just bought another 4GB of Ripjaws 2133Mhz, crazy BF3 was the one game which used more than 4GB RAM!
Asus Maximus VI Hero
AMD Radeon Sapphire Tri-X Crossfire R290x
Samsung 840 evo 500GB & 250GB
Sherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:51 PM   #5306
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Bf3 is. 32 bit exe how does it do that
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:53 PM   #5307
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Bf3 is. 32 bit exe how does it do that
It might be large address aware.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 06:27 PM   #5308
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

sounds cool, for some reason i always thought things had to be 64 bit to use more than 4 gigs of ram.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 07:07 PM   #5309
H-Money
Radeon R700

H-Money is still being judged by the masses

Thank you Jebus, they tweaked the chat window and moved it

also my game hasnt crashed (yet)
H-Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 07:08 PM   #5310
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

I wouldn't call it a hack, but there are ways of getting 32bit apps to use more. I think it has to be running on a 64bit OS still though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote