Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 4, 2011, 02:50 PM   #5221
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

^ if you say that then you MUST be a noob.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:09 PM   #5222
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

I was on a server today where the other team had these guided missiles that could lock from across the map... it was quite a sight to see.. being nailed from clear across the map.

So now that we've had to settle for these crappy 3rd-party hosted server, and Origin, and PunkBuster and all this other crap yet still have servers littered with hackers? It doesn't make any sense...

If we're going to have to deal with hackers, then the 3rd party hosting needs to go away.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:15 PM   #5223
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
I was on a server today where the other team had these guided missiles that could lock from across the map... it was quite a sight to see.. being nailed from clear across the map.

So now that we've had to settle for these crappy 3rd-party hosted server, and Origin, and PunkBuster and all this other crap yet still have servers littered with hackers? It doesn't make any sense...

If we're going to have to deal with hackers, then the 3rd party hosting needs to go away.
If it was against infantry. That was ****ed and hackers ftl... If you mean against vehicles, thats called recon class with SOFLAM and engineers with Javelin missles, which is entirely possible...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:16 PM   #5224
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

It was against infantry. The guy on the other team had like 46 kills, 0 deaths and never left the US deployment area..

Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:28 PM   #5225
Warpedkevin
Old School!

Warpedkevin is still being judged by the masses

It makes me wonder why people hack even bother playing. I mean, are they THAT bad they can't play normally. What's the point? :/
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:43 PM   #5226
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpedkevin View Post
It makes me wonder why people hack even bother playing. I mean, are they THAT bad they can't play normally. What's the point? :/
To piss people off?

A minority cheats because they are actually bad at the game.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:46 PM   #5227
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
But they dont have to worry about helicopters as just a few rounds while making a pass takes them out.

Well, I've been cashing in since I have a lot of jet unlocks I needed, so I went on a helicopter killing spree. Even when being chased by another pilot, if you just spray some random machine gun fire at a helicopter, you get a double-kill WOO WOO!

I recommend this to anyone looking to stat-pad right now. Just take a jet seat and if there are any helicopters around, you don't even need to aim or spend any time with them- just spew a few rounds in their general direction and you'll get an instant double-kill.
Then those chopper pilots suck and are probably flying higher altitudes than they should be. And "random" machine gun fire does NOT instantly kill a chopper. Are you playing custom or Hardcore servers? And don't need to aim? Exaggerating a bit aren't we?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:48 PM   #5228
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

He's not exaggerating, a good pilot will take out a Heli in one pass...or at the least bring it down <%20 without a problem.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:53 PM   #5229
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

SoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySoCalMX70 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
lol @ jet and heli pilots

I always get the feeling they are afraid of combat or something, or just plain suck at being infantry, like they're half blind and have slow reaction time

I put them in the same category as snipers.

Suck ? Become sniper/"pilot" !

What other reason could there be that one prefers to be so far away from the battle just taking potshots constantly, and doing the same routine OVER and OVER and OVER .

Randomly spam rockets on some flag, bleeeeeep getting locked, flares , pussy out and fly away , and repeat.

I always feel kind of sorry for the pilots , poor bastards
Quote:
I know what you mean man. Infantry all the way

I can't help but literally feel a little EMBARRASSED when i'm in a tank even. Let alone jet or heli
Quote:
choppers are for noobs.

Way to easy to stay alive in lol

Why are you playing a BATTLEFIELD game then? lol, I love these attitudes... "You're a pussy if you use this or do that!"

I use everything that the game offers... The point of all the variety is to mix it up and have fun right? I feel sorry for YOU.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:55 PM   #5230
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

I was on a server where a chopper pilot was TV guided missile people when they spawned like 3 or 4 times in a row and they spawned at different locations on the map.
He did it to me 3 times in a row.
Hackers are losers.
Admin apparently could not kick him after trying multiple times.
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 03:58 PM   #5231
SoCalMX70
Radeon R700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
He's not exaggerating, a good pilot will take out a Heli in one pass...or at the least bring it down <%20 without a problem.
yeah, if the heli pilot is moving slow and flying high altitude...

I dunno... I guess I've just been lucky not getting shot down by jets 90% of the time im in a heli. I usually get shot down by AA or another heli.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 04:08 PM   #5232
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
This. They have really, REALLY buffed the jet machine gun rounds to chew through helicopters. Even if I'm in the middle of dodging another jet on my tail, I can easily sway one way and splash a helicopter.

But don't take my word for it- jump in a jet and spew some rounds in the general direction of a heli. You'll get double-kills every time as it just disintegrates with as little as 4-5 shells from a spray.

Old Dec 4, 2011, 04:10 PM   #5233
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

im thinking of uninstalling this game, havent had a single moment of fun since the first week, i feel like i wasted 60 bucks
Old Dec 4, 2011, 04:45 PM   #5234
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Put "ggc" in your search filter.

It should help with the hack dweebs

I only play on ggc streaming servers. I think it actually works well against cheaters. Like every 10 minutes some idiot gets banned automatically as soon as he enters for trying to use hack

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 05:54 PM   #5235
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
im thinking of uninstalling this game, havent had a single moment of fun since the first week, i feel like i wasted 60 bucks
yeah i havent played in 3 weeks.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 06:22 PM   #5236
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Man you just missed the biggest Bro-out of the century chubz.... We finally ended up on decent team lol the rest was history.

Quote:
Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:57 PM   #5237
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Was playing team deathmatch (which is stupid btw, worst mode ever but great for leveling gun unlocks). 3 guys from a clan were at like 30 kills each within 5 minutes. Not sure if srs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:57 PM   #5238
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Man you just missed the biggest Bro-out of the century chubz.... We finally ended up on decent team lol the rest was history.

Congrats!
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 04:14 AM   #5239
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Still love this game. I've started playing a bit more defensively, instead of just running from one checkpoint to the next I'll stop and defend the one for a few minutes. Never knew you instant kill people from the front with the knife.

I personally like most of the maps, I don't think they any are suited for 64 players though. I'm sticking to the 32-48 player range, provides a better game speed without sacrificing action.

I suck as a Jet. I try to hop in every so often and I get in the air make a pass at a tank or try to take on another Jet. The Jet loses me in the air and suddenly i'm getting chain gunned from behind. Then it's lucky if I last more than 15 seconds. There are some really good jet and chopper pilots, you can just see them move in the air and dodge back down close to ground when they get a lock. I know this because I can't even touch them with 3 stinger missiles. I would prefer Engi has more stinger missiles but hell he's already an overplayed class.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 06:24 AM   #5240
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

You don't instant kill from front with knife, you just got lucky.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 09:20 AM   #5241
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

How do you change the ingame mini map size? I thought it was a set size but it changed. Cat hopped onto my keyboard while I was playing and my mini map got really big. I snapped a couple crappy pictures of it but imageshack is being a piece of **** right now

Also, how do you take ingame screenshots too?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:25 AM   #5242
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
How do you change the ingame mini map size? I thought it was a set size but it changed. Cat hopped onto my keyboard while I was playing and my mini map got really big. I snapped a couple crappy pictures of it but imageshack is being a piece of **** right now

Also, how do you take ingame screenshots too?
Press M, I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:27 AM   #5243
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMX70 View Post

Why are you playing a BATTLEFIELD game then? lol, I love these attitudes... "You're a pussy if you use this or do that!"

I use everything that the game offers... The point of all the variety is to mix it up and have fun right? I feel sorry for YOU.
Like the people that will bitch about n00btubes.

Don't like it? Don't play this game, because they work decently well in some fortified positions. (Tons of guys in the alleyway near the market.....)

Yeah.. Go play something else if you don't like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:36 AM   #5244
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Tuesday's update will be really great with the tweaks they announced. The flash and the INRV being the biggest one's affected.

Personally after playing a decent amount of time this weekend the biggest thing that has stood out is the obvious resurgence of air power into the game. I am sure there was room for some changes, but since Stingers are absolutely useless and most pilots are concentrating on ground attack instead of air to air. We are getting pounded in the ass pretty hard by air power.

I'm willing to give it some time, but damn its not easy anymore. God forbid those guys ever get traditional iron bombs.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:38 AM   #5245
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
It can be fun occassionally, then other times its freaking horrible, did a round yesterday when I just seemed to die no matter what I did, I got I think 10 deaths and 1 kill. Just awful. Most rounds I do get a better score, say around 10 kills and 5 deaths, depends on the map.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:14 PM   #5246
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Tuesday's update will be really great with the tweaks they announced. The flash and the INRV being the biggest one's affected.

Personally after playing a decent amount of time this weekend the biggest thing that has stood out is the obvious resurgence of air power into the game. I am sure there was room for some changes, but since Stingers are absolutely useless and most pilots are concentrating on ground attack instead of air to air. We are getting pounded in the ass pretty hard by air power.

I'm willing to give it some time, but damn its not easy anymore. God forbid those guys ever get traditional iron bombs.
EXACTLY.

Today, most of BF3 games are resumed to :

- Attack Chopper coming...
- Pipipipipipiipi
- LOCKE'D
- Tututututututu
- Flares.......

And the chopper have 2 goddmans flares !!

Also, the stinger takes SO MUCH time to lock and perfectly signal the foe of the current weapon status :

- Searching
- Fired, missile incoming.

This is bullshit and should be fixed.

Last edited by Douglaster : Dec 5, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:24 PM   #5247
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglaster View Post
EXACTLY.

Today, most of BF3 games are resumed to :

- Attack Chopper coming...
- Pipipipipipiipi
- LOCKE'D
- Tututututututu
- Flares.......

And the chopper have 2 goddmans flares !!

Also, the stinger takes SO MUCH time to lock and perfectly signal the foe of the current weapon status :

- Searching
- Fired, missile incoming.

This is bullshit and should be fixed.
See and there's the rub. Helo's are important to the battle and should be in my opinion somewhat harder to shoot down than planes.

I think the stinger should be more powerful and lock on quicker but how about only one dude on you team having access to it. Or do what POE mod did and put weapons on the ground in certain places to be picked up.

I have no problem with making one weapon powerful. I just think having fewer of them allowed on the map at any one time is the way to go.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 01:33 PM   #5248
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Limit flares just like they limit RPGs problem solved
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2011, 03:25 PM   #5249
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I had an odd knife kill today. I saw a guy crouched with my noobvision(tm), so I snuck up behind him, and pressed F. Instead of the knife animation, I just swiped him with the blade, he made a scream-type noise, a bit of blood spurted, then he just vanished. No kill notice, no points, nothing...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 04:21 PM   #5250
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Mega connectivity issues right now with servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote