Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Sep 2, 2020, 07:15 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Default Bye bye Alfa Romeo Giulia, hello Kia Stinger GT2!

So I sold the Giulia. This comes down to two things:

1) The warranty was set to expire in February.
2) A few months back I encountered a situation where upon attempting to start the car the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and would not start. I also could not power it off. I ended up having to call roadside assistance and then took it to the dealer. They found no problem and it started there. On Saturday, the same thing happened. Went to dinner with my girlfriend and when we got back the car would not start, along with the Christmas tree dash. The car got towed to the dealer and on Tuesday they determined it was a bad starter relay.

I decided I was done with the car and do not trust it. I sold it to the dealer and it was picked up about 2 hours ago and replaced with a check in my hand.

So....

I got a loan from my credit union and just put a deposit down on a ceramic silver 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 with red interior. I have to drive to the next state over this weekend to pick it up.

Last edited by Clockwork : Sep 2, 2020 at 07:46 PM.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2020, 07:56 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You don't trust the car because of a starter relay? God damn

Kind of a big down-grade in terms of vehicle, but my buddy has a 2019 Stinger GT2 and he loves it. Don't believe he's had any issues.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2020, 08:15 PM   #3
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

Kind of a big down-grade in terms of vehicle, but my buddy has a 2019 Stinger GT2 and he loves it. Don't believe he's had any issues.
I don't trust that it is ultimately the root cause, and I am not prepared to be stranded for a 3rd time. Especially once my warranty is up and I no longer have free roadside assistance or bumper to bumper coverage.

It may be extreme but I was just f***ing done with that car.

I don't know if I would consider the GT2 a downgrade, I had the Giulia Ti Sport and not the Quadrifoglio. MSRP on the Giulia brand new was about $8k less. You get much more with the Stinger.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 2, 2020, 08:16 PM   #4
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I thought you had the Quadrifligoliozioli .. that name kills me every time.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2020, 09:44 PM   #5
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Good choice, that's alot of car for the money.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 09:48 PM   #6
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Good choice, that's alot of car for the money.
Especially since I am only paying $39k. Used, 1 owner, off lease. 17k miles.

Not sure how long this link will work:

https://www.barnettauto.com/used/Kia...5491e2c038.htm
Old Sep 2, 2020, 09:51 PM   #7
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Good pick and enjoy it!
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 07:43 AM   #8
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Good move IMO. That Julia is a beautiful and pretty rare car. The reason they're so rare is because they aren't reliable at all. Such a shame too, because I wanted one so bad.

I love the stinger, and that color sounds amazing. I think you'll be very happy with your decision.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 08:00 AM   #9
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

yep, Alfas are still one of the worst cars when it comes to reliability. The stinger i a complete different beast though. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it.

Neighbour just got a Hundai i30 N fastback. Also a good looking car.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:09 AM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hope it's good to you. Interior looks a lot like my S3.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:16 AM   #11
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I hate this car but more power to you.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 09:55 AM   #12
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Hope it's good to you. Interior looks a lot like my S3.
Not surprising.
Didnt Kia poach the Audi head designer awhile back?

Alot of Kia's design nowadays have alot of influence from Audi.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:46 AM   #13
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Not surprising.

Yea, but he was a designer from the late 90's for the most part (so he's not responsible for any of their more modern designs):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schreyer
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:47 AM   #14
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Kia

There are a F*CK ton of kias around me and the stinger does look great for a kia, but at the end of the day a kia is still a kia. For 50k I would thought you would have went for something else especially coming from a a quadgroglgolgioio.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:54 AM   #15
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Not surprising.

Yep. Some well known hands went into the Stinger's design and engineering:

Albert Biermann- BMW M Division Chief Engineer
Peter Schreyer - Audi/VW Designer
Gregory Guillaume - Audi/VW Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Kia

There are a F*CK ton of kias around me and the stinger does look great for a kia, but at the end of the day a kia is still a kia. For 50k I would thought you would have went for something else especially coming from a a quadgroglgolgioio.
1) I didn't pay $50k. It is a used 2019 for $39k.
2) I didn't have the Quadrifoglio. I had a Giulia Ti Sport which is a 2.0l turbo with 280hp/306tq (although chassis/suspension bits are largely shared with the QV)

Anyway, I gave criticism about the Stinger msrp in the first thread posted here. I think 2.5 years later and with further consideration, I don't really buy into the "but it's a Kia" argument anymore. They make great cars these days.

Last edited by Clockwork : Sep 3, 2020 at 11:01 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 10:56 AM   #16
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Kia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
I don't know if I would consider the GT2 a downgrade, I had the Giulia Ti Sport and not the Quadrifoglio. MSRP on the Giulia brand new was about $8k less. You get much more with the Stinger.
For 50k you can get a lot of amazing cars, granted.

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:21 AM   #17
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Yea, but he was a designer from the late 90's for the most part (so he's not responsible for any of their more modern designs):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schreyer
Well Audi design hasnt really changed all that much over the last several years since the facemask grille started getting used lol.

I mean aside from the one sausage different sizes philosphy they've kind of started, all the cars look the same as they did like 5 car generations ago lol.

Kind of like Porsche.

Benz seems to be going the same way, the new S class looks almost exactly the same, except the interior looks drastically different because its gone screen crazy.

BMW seems to be trending towards the Japanese style (lots of creases and overdesign).

Kia has gone german since..well alot of their designers are german now lol.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Sep 3, 2020, 02:25 PM   #18
Roadhog
Sausages

Roadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2020, 12:30 AM   #19
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

German design does not mean German construction. I went to see a brand new Kia Stinger when it was released and my God that cheap plastic was worse than the Suzuki cars I drove about 13 years ago.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 09:51 AM   #20
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
German design does not mean German construction. I went to see a brand new Kia Stinger when it was released and my God that cheap plastic was worse than the Suzuki cars I drove about 13 years ago.
Nothing can beat the ultimate cheapness of fisher price plastics of 90's era GM cars....NOTHING...although 2009-2013ish Toyota's arent far behind.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Sep 4, 2020, 10:00 AM   #21
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Nothing can beat the ultimate cheapness of fisher price plastics of 90's era GM cars....NOTHING...although 2009-2013ish Toyota's arent far behind.
The only area that seemed subpar (and that is a stretch...it wasn't worse than most domestic cars) to me in the Stinger was the very bottom of the dash/glovebox area, at least from sitting in the one for sale locally. Everything else seemed really nice, even better than my Giulia.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 10:12 AM   #22
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Especially since I am only paying $39k. Used, 1 owner, off lease. 17k miles.

Not sure how long this link will work:

https://www.barnettauto.com/used/Kia...5491e2c038.htm
Looks killer, enjoy!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2020, 10:24 AM   #23
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just saw the car, and I'm digging that color. Congrats on the new ride man. The interior looks very nice as well. I like the red seats.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2020, 10:17 PM   #24
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

She's home!

Too tired to finish removing the vinyl dealer sticker tonight. Also, need to replace the center consoler trim around shifter/cupholders (~$215). The previous owner nicked it up more than I would prefer.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:38 PM   #25
KAC
That postcount though...

Looks like a clean pickup. .
Old Sep 6, 2020, 02:09 AM   #26
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Looks like a clean pickup. .
looks like a sedan (hatchback) to me.....

Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Sep 6, 2020, 04:38 AM   #27
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
looks like a sedan (hatchback) to me.....

Old Sep 6, 2020, 06:27 AM   #28
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Those stingers are nice.

Congrats!

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2020, 02:31 PM   #29
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post

Starter relay failure is likely just the beginning. Alfa Romeo's are not known for their long term reliability and his was already giving him grief before his warranty even expired. I think he made the smart choice.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2020, 02:42 PM   #30
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Starter relay failure is likely just the beginning. Alfa Romeo's are not known for their long term reliability and his was already giving him grief before his warranty even expired. I think he made the smart choice.
yeah i wouldnt have trusted that car because its italian.
Italian = not reliable.

fun as **** though
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM