Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:12 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber
Default Official: "Favorite Racing Videos" Thread

Just what the title says, post up your favorite Street Racing, Drag, Autocross, or Road Racing videos. Or hell, even if it's not a race...something plowing around turns down a canyon road or something. Whatever. Let's see them!

No Street Racing naysayers or pansies against driving "enthusiastically" here. If you don't like it...boohoo. Or, join us and post your favorite track video.

One of my favorite Street Racing videos is one I've already posted, but I'll post it again anyway. It has a great example of greater HP vs lighter weight and aerodynamics.

**For those wanting to also paste YouTube videos and don't know how: Find your video on youtube and look at the string of letters/numbers after the "=" sign. Like the video above, the link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhNv3A7RNdg. Use that in the Rage3D youtube tags as follows:
Code:
[yt]UhNv3A7RNdg[/yt]

Last edited by caveman-jim : Apr 4, 2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: cleaned up instructions on using YT tags with example
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:24 PM   #2
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:26 PM   #3
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

What's the significance of that video? They are just slooooowly cruising around the track. Is that you or someone you know or are you mocking me?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:27 PM   #4
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

So I guess you're wanting serious vids.....
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:29 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

What's the significance of that video? They are just slooooowly cruising around the track. Is that you or someone you know or are you mocking me?
did you miss the guy in the camaro that fishtailed and hit the wall?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:30 PM   #6
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Hiding my ignorance with a guy who knows how to properly flog a Cobra. I only wish he would stop nailing the rev limiter and work on his shifts.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Mar 25, 2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:45 PM   #7
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

those poor tires
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2011, 07:58 PM   #8
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

0-100km/hr [62 mph] > 3:10 secs
0-200km/hr [124 mph] > 6:90 secs
0-300km/hr [186 mph] > 19:10 secs

For comparison.. a Corvette Z06 (C6) will apparently do 0-300km/hr in 41.8 secs
Corvette ZR1 (C6) 0-300km/hr > 32.6 secs

Amazing what under 15 grand can get you in the sport bike world.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.

Last edited by Quickstrike : Sep 3, 2011 at 08:07 PM.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 04:12 PM   #9
Grov
Death Comes For You

Grov is still being judged by the masses

But then it's not hard to see why, the weight of the biker and driver, and 200bhp or over or whatever it might be. Still slower in the corners lol.
Grov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:22 PM   #10
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Slower in the corners? How did you come to that conclusion?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 08:44 PM   #11
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Slower in the corners? How did you come to that conclusion?
It's true. Simple fact is 4 tires provide more traction than 2.

On long winding turns it isn't much of a limitation, but when things get tight, cars have an edge.

Sure, motorcycles are lighter than cars (duh!). I don't care how simplistic or light-weight a vehicle is - if it can get me to 300km/hr in under 20 seconds that is pretty damn impressive IMO.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:17 PM   #12
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

when its acceleration is so much greater I suppose the cornering isn't much of a factor. I can't see a motorbike being "slow" in corners.
EDIT - Actually, that's my fault. I read his post as saying Cornering is still slow, not slower.

I think I've lost my mind. College. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : Sep 4, 2011 at 11:38 PM.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2011, 02:05 AM   #13
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickstrike View Post
0-100km/hr [62 mph] > 3:10 secs
0-200km/hr [124 mph] > 6:90 secs
0-300km/hr [186 mph] > 19:10 secs

For comparison.. a Corvette Z06 (C6) will apparently do 0-300km/hr in 41.8 secs
Corvette ZR1 (C6) 0-300km/hr > 32.6 secs

Amazing what under 15 grand can get you in the sport bike world.
The dealer where I bought my GS had an RR - amazing machine.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2016, 11:03 AM   #14
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Went to the dragstrip with a group of friends yesterday and ran my bike against my friends all night. Ran a best pass of [email protected] on the Daytona 675R. First time I've ever even launched a bike, so I had trouble getting out of the hole with nothing better than a 2.223 60ft. Didn't realize my big head was in the way of the camera until I reviewed the videos this morning.

Old May 12, 2016, 09:48 PM   #15
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Final lap of a session at Raceway Park of the Midlands (also know as Bumpy Arse Track of the Midlands). Winning lap as well as new class record...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2016, 10:18 PM   #16
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Final lap of a session at Raceway Park of the Midlands (also know as Bumpy Arse Track of the Midlands). Winning lap as well as new class record...
Awesome! Wish I could have made it, how did the day go?

Looks like I'll be at Gateway on July 16th. You ever make it out there?
Old May 13, 2016, 08:15 AM   #17
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Awesome! Wish I could have made it, how did the day go?
Murphy's Law in effect... It was a trying weekend but I was able to pull that lap off on Sunday. Saturday I was only able to get one competition lap in before problems arose. It was good enough for 2nd place on Saturday. Sunday I was able to get things in order and took 1st along with a new class record. I still messed up a few corners (and really fudged the last corner) on that lap so I can see another half second there that I'm missing.

There are some photos from the event going up here:

http://www.highplainsartusa.com/NASA...ay/NASARPM2016

Quote:
Looks like I'll be at Gateway on July 16th. You ever make it out there?
Yep, been there and hate it.. It's nothing but walls.... Here are some no-so-fast laps there from about two years ago:

https://vimeo.com/90995195

Short track so you do get a lot of repetitions during your sessions. However, the track is pretty boring overall. The banking is fun at first, but it's pretty mild compared to other banked tracks.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2016, 10:13 AM   #18
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Great photos, and congrats on the class win!

I had declined the track at first, but I have a friend that lives down there and he talked me into it. So me and a couple friends are going to join him at the track. It didn't really seem like a BRZ friendly course, but they insist it's a great place for slower cars. Seemed like a short bank, a medium straight, then diving into the infield with not much squiggly stuff where the BRZ would really shine.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:11 PM   #19
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Interesting race day at the 'Ring. Picks up a bit at about 3:50 into the video.

Old Jun 24, 2016, 01:21 PM   #20
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Nissan GTR vs Drone

Old Jun 30, 2016, 09:10 PM   #21
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Aug 13, 2016, 09:59 PM   #22
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Out on the track in my BRZ having some fun with a friend of mine in his BMW.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Sep 7, 2016 at 08:16 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 09:47 PM   #23
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Friend of mine in his Sprite race car during a Vintage race event at Grattan this past weekend.

Old Nov 6, 2016, 02:16 PM   #24
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Video from Spa Francorchamps in Belgium earlier this year. My friends and I rented a couple Toyota GT86's from RingGarage.de near the Nurburgring and drove them to Belgium for an open track day at Spa. We stayed up most of the night before the track day running laps around Spa on Forza 6 to try and learn the turns/track layout.

The best part of the track were La Rouge near the start (56sec in video), which is a high speed uphill S turn. After a series of turns, there is a hard downhill righthand carousel (1:50). That was interesting, throwing all the weight to the outside on the downhill and making the car understeer bad. The last fun part of the track is the back straights with easy turns. You can really bring some speed into the last stretch and then have to haul it down to 2nd gear for a couple hairpin turns in a row (3:14). Really cool track. Hope to get there again some day.