Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Oct 22, 2020, 09:07 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Honda fit might be worth checking out. I used to have a 2015 model. Its a small car like the yaris but the packaging is wizardry. Its best attributes were the interior space and the gas mileage. I think its probably one of the absolute best subcompact cars out there.

My brother has one. An older model but he's got one.

On one hand, I'd feel lame as **** for getting the same car he has.

On the other hand, that little thing is a proven ****ing trooper with how its handled him (a not small dude) wife, and two toddlers/babies.
Jkmetal23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:34 AM   #32
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Jkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete strangerJkmetal23 once held a door open for a complete stranger

So I finally narrowed it down

2017 Corolla LE- Single Owner, 22k miles, 13500.
2017 Corolla iM- Two owners, 45k miles, 13300.

Heart says iM, head says LE. Gonna test drive the iM.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 12:51 PM   #33
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
So I finally narrowed it down

2017 Corolla LE- Single Owner, 22k miles, 13500.
2017 Corolla iM- Two owners, 45k miles, 13300.

Heart says iM, head says LE. Gonna test drive the iM.
The major differences between the two will be:
-Sedan vs hatch. Theres more rear leg space in the sedan, but the hatch obviously has more cargo space.

-Engines. Not a huge difference in power between the two (137hp vs 132 in favor of the iM) but the iM motor has what is called "Valvematic" which i think makes it a little bit more rev happy and it gets a little better gas mileage. (If the Corolla LE happens to be the ECO model then the motors are the same and this comparison is moot.)

-Fun to drive factor. Im sure the cars drive mostly the same (the corolla is always a reliable, relaxing, easy to drive car), but the handling characteristics of the im will be sharper (i believe its tuned more euro friendly and it has an independant rear suspension vs a torsion beam which helps handling) The steering is light but its surprisingly direct.

IF everything between the two cars are pretty much the same for you, it'll probbaly come down to one or all of those 3 major differences between the cars.

Being a hatch is one major reason i myself have an iM over a corolla
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 13, 2020, 01:43 PM   #34
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
The major differences between the two will be:
-Sedan vs hatch. Theres more rear leg space in the sedan, but the hatch obviously has more cargo space.

-Engines. Not a huge difference in power between the two (137hp vs 132 in favor of the iM) but the iM motor has what is called "Valvematic" which i think makes it a little bit more rev happy and it gets a little better gas mileage. (If the Corolla LE happens to be the ECO model then the motors are the same and this comparison is moot.)

-Fun to drive factor. Im sure the cars drive mostly the same (the corolla is always a reliable, relaxing, easy to drive car), but the handling characteristics of the im will be sharper (i believe its tuned more euro friendly and it has an independant rear suspension vs a torsion beam which helps handling) The steering is light but its surprisingly direct.

IF everything between the two cars are pretty much the same for you, it'll probbaly come down to one or all of those 3 major differences between the cars.

Being a hatch is one major reason i myself have an iM over a corolla

The extra room of the hatch speaks to me. Not comparable, but long in the past I had a 95 sable wagon and I could haul. The things that fit in that junkheap....

The big issue for me is that I'm eating 23k miles of wear for my black hatchback. : / I worry that that will bite me in the ass.

Carfax for both cars looks really good with detailed maintenance done. Batteries replaced, brakes serviced, this done, that done, regular oil changes....
Old Nov 14, 2020, 01:34 AM   #35
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Always take low mileage. Also Corolla hatch looks like ass.
Also two owners for such low mileage might be because the car is a lemon. No one sells a Corolla.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2020, 10:31 AM   #36
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Always take low mileage. Also Corolla hatch looks like ass.
Also two owners for such low mileage might be because the car is a lemon. No one sells a Corolla.

The white one is a one owner car, so I'm leaning there. I'm gonna be looking at both.

Best of all is that the base corolla is a dime a dozen, so none of these are the be all to end all.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 12:16 PM   #37
Jkmetal23
The NFL sucks

For some balance to this sub, I'll update.

I got the White Corolla with lower mileage. Boring AF, I know. But it does the job fine.

Amazing how many creeks and sounds my old car makes whenever I ride it these days... Never noticed it before lol. Brother still hasn't taken ownership of it.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:43 PM   #38
xCLAVEx
FCK Joebama/HeelsUpHarris

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have a 2014 corolla LE with 83k miles on it and I've been very happy with it. Bought it a year ago.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote