Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:34 AM   #361
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zimmy
Radeon R520

Zimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Uggg,

Finally picked this up.
Made it through the tutorial, the first outpost thing, got all the way to where you defend the cyborg partner while he hacks the computer.

I quit seeing that I passed multiple checkpoints.

I fire it up on Saturday and what happens? Yep, I am back in the helicopter from the start of the game.

I knew the check point system was flakey but had no idea that you could get that far (40 minutes in?) and the game won't let you continue.

No way that this is a bug, they must do that on purpose, no?

Is there any notice that says, "Hey, we are saving the game for real this time!" ???
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 11:38 AM   #362
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

You can save anywhere from the main menu save option... except for during main missions where manual saving is disabled and you're forced into the game's checkpoint system.

However, I think the beginning of the game is a bit different and you need to go through quite a bit before it saves.

Overall though I had very little grief from this game's save system.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:38 PM   #363
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeah once you get the entire mission complete is when the game saves, pissed me off too .
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:54 PM   #364
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Same save system as Far Cry 3 (shocker!). You get used to it, but you learn to not start missions unless you have time to finish them. Sucks that the first save isn't until after the first mission, though.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 01:33 PM   #365
Zimmy
Radeon R520

Zimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Same save system as Far Cry 3 (shocker!). You get used to it, but you learn to not start missions unless you have time to finish them. Sucks that the first save isn't until after the first mission, though.
Not really, I have played Far Cry 3 over 2 times.
You could be mid mission and it would save your progress.

Like when you fight Hoyt, it doesn't drop you all the way to the beginning of the compound and make you watch the cut scenes again.
You go right to the poker game if you have progressed that far.

As someone mentioned, this might only happen at the beginning, then it is the same.
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:00 PM   #366
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Tbh, I don't know if there's any mid-mission checkpoint saves at all in Blood Dragon. Most of the missions are pretty easy (and short) so I got through most of them without dieing.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:49 PM   #367
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
Most of the missions are pretty easy (and short) so I got through most of them without dieing.
Yeah, same here. The game was incredibly easy (but also super fun).
Old Jul 22, 2013, 03:26 PM   #368
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
Not really, I have played Far Cry 3 over 2 times.
You could be mid mission and it would save your progress.

Like when you fight Hoyt, it doesn't drop you all the way to the beginning of the compound and make you watch the cut scenes again.
You go right to the poker game if you have progressed that far.

As someone mentioned, this might only happen at the beginning, then it is the same.
Ah, true. Forgot about that.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 07:58 AM   #369
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Well, I finished the main campaign. I chuckled and smirked my way through it. 7/10
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:32 AM   #370
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Now I remember why I stopped playing this piece of junk. Frickin' checkpoints. I am at the part where you have to blow the dam. I had met with the engineer and now had to save him until he can blow the thing. Guess what, I had to quit since I had to leave home. Come back and game restarts me again to the point where I was 30+ minutes ago. Prior to even obtaining the C4000 for the dam. Hate this game and this kind of checkpoints absolutely kill games for me. Guess another one that will never get finished.

Also gunplay in this one is surprisingly bad compared to other games. Guns just feel so slow and sticky. Everything takes ages like reloads, pilfering hearts, etc etc.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 08:24 AM   #371
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Now I remember why I stopped playing this piece of junk. Frickin' checkpoints. I am at the part where you have to blow the dam. I had met with the engineer and now had to save him until he can blow the thing. Guess what, I had to quit since I had to leave home. Come back and game restarts me again to the point where I was 30+ minutes ago. Prior to even obtaining the C4000 for the dam. Hate this game and this kind of checkpoints absolutely kill games for me. Guess another one that will never get finished.

Also gunplay in this one is surprisingly bad compared to other games. Guns just feel so slow and sticky. Everything takes ages like reloads, pilfering hearts, etc etc.
I played for about an hour. Liked it at first, but the checkpoints killed it for me too. Not a fan of the gun play or protection scenarios either.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 08:33 AM   #372
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

checkpoints are bad during story mode, but game is still great imo.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:05 AM   #373
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
I played for about an hour. Liked it at first, but the checkpoints killed it for me too.
You can tolerate a game like Dark Souls where if you die, you lose all your souls and start all the way back at the bonfire but you can't handle Blood Dragon's checkpoints? (which is tits easy comparably)

I'd expect this pussification from KAC, but not from you pcwood.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 10:43 AM   #374
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I finished it and loved every cheesy moment. If anything I wish I had played it on the hardest difficulty. The ending was way too easy.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 01:45 PM   #375
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
You can tolerate a game like Dark Souls where if you die, you lose all your souls and start all the way back at the bonfire but you can't handle Blood Dragon's checkpoints? (which is tits easy comparably)

I'd expect this pussification from KAC, but not from you pcwood.
I gotta say it man, after the first half hour or so it just wasn't fun any more. I think I've just lost all interest in FPSs tbh...gimme a slash n hack rpg any day of the week.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 01:58 PM   #376
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
I gotta say it man, after the first half hour or so it just wasn't fun any more. I think I've just lost all interest in FPSs tbh...gimme a slash n hack rpg any day of the week.
Out of curiosity, did you play Far Cry 3? It had the same save system. But if you're not into FPSes any longer then yeah, I can see how Blood Dragon wouldn't ring your bell.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:11 PM   #377
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Far cry did not have the same save system. In it when it said saving it actually saved stuff.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:13 PM   #378
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
Far cry did not have the same save system. In it when it said saving it actually saved stuff.
I didn't notice a problem with Blood Dragon saves, but meh...whatever, I enjoyed it and finished it.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:30 PM   #379
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Out of curiosity, did you play Far Cry 3? It had the same save system. But if you're not into FPSes any longer then yeah, I can see how Blood Dragon wouldn't ring your bell.
No I didn't, can't really remember that last fps I played all the way through....Metro 2033 maybe? It's been a while...

I'll finish this eventually - I just need to be in the mood for it, and the time...I need time
Old Aug 15, 2013, 02:58 PM   #380
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I didn't notice a problem with Blood Dragon saves, but meh...whatever, I enjoyed it and finished it.
Same here. I haven't had any frustrations with it at all once I figured out how it works.

Save anywhere in the open world, manually or when you complete a task. But during main missions only saves when completed. No biggie.

Actually even preferred the main mission save method. Forces you to do a mission all in one sitting, not like a pussy that needs to save every 5 feet you walk.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 03:10 PM   #381
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Why are we still talking about this game?
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 03:15 PM   #382
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Because people are still playing it.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 03:51 PM   #383
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Quote:
No I didn't, can't really remember that last fps I played all the way through....Metro 2033 maybe? It's been a while...

I'll finish this eventually - I just need to be in the mood for it, and the time...I need time
I hear ya brutha.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 05:05 PM   #384
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
What an incredibly useless post.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 06:05 PM   #385
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
we're not, this is a figment of your imagination.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2014, 07:30 PM   #386
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

Now with FarCry 4, will we see FarCry4:Blood Dragon, a sequel to Blood Dragon? I'm sure cheesy 80s culture isn't fully exhausted yet.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 07:32 PM   #387
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Now with FarCry 4, will we see FarCry4:Blood Dragon, a sequel to Blood Dragon? I'm sure cheesy 80s culture isn't fully exhausted yet.
I am actually more excited for more blood dragon than I am for Farcry 4. Blood Dragon was amazing.

t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2014, 08:08 PM   #388
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
I am actually more excited for more blood dragon than I am for Farcry 4. Blood Dragon was amazing.

I also, would love more blood dragon!

It would have to be as short and as cheap though. I think it would fall flat as a full featured game.

It's not quite as goode, but you should try renegade ops and broforce!
Old Nov 9, 2014, 05:49 PM   #389
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Remember the teaser from this year's April Fools ?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2016, 11:15 PM   #390
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Yeah, the save system sucks more than a warehouse of Hoovers. Dumb design decision for sure.