Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 3, 2013, 09:25 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
AMD had a code for Farcry 3 ?
Yes, that's how I got mine.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 09:26 AM   #272
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaelromany View Post
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is only given for those with Never Settle Reloaded bundle
, time to buy it then.

yoz
Old May 3, 2013, 04:57 PM   #273
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaelromany View Post
There are 2 bundles from AMD, Never Settle which includes: Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution and Far Cry 3 and Never Settle Reloaded which is either Bioshock Infinite and Crysis 3, Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite (with HD 7790 cards) or Far Cry 3 (with HD 7770 cards)

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon is only given for those with Never Settle Reloaded bundle

I got mine 2 days ago for the bundle I redeemed on Feb 26th
Yep, that's what I have.
Well, if they don't send the key by the time I'm back from my vacation I'll just buy it, as the general consensus seems to be it's a good game.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 3, 2013, 05:03 PM   #274
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
the general consensus seems to be it's a good game.

I am frothing at the mouth to play this game tonight.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 05:46 PM   #275
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Running is like walking, only faster.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2013, 09:39 PM   #276
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Did anyone else LOL at the "Turtle Killer" side mission?
Old May 3, 2013, 11:59 PM   #277
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

i hate ubi

wanted to play it tonight, but looks like i will have to overnight the download
Old May 4, 2013, 02:26 AM   #278
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Loving this game. VERY cool.

Noticed SLI was not working however, only GPU1 was being put under load while playing. Seems to be an issue with Far Cry 3 in general. Had to do the "add application to current profile" and add blooddragon_d3d11.exe in Nvidia Inspector and presto, SLI now working perfectly. WTF, Nvidia?
Old May 4, 2013, 04:42 AM   #279
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post

i hate ubi

wanted to play it tonight, but looks like i will have to overnight the download
UPlay downloading in very low priority and even a slight bandwidth traffic from browsing would affect it. For me, it was downloading at my maximum 2Mbps speed (220kbps) when I leave it alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post

Noticed SLI was not working however, only GPU1 was being put under load while playing. Seems to be an issue with Far Cry 3 in general. Had to do the "add application to current profile" and add blooddragon_d3d11.exe in Nvidia Inspector and presto, SLI now working perfectly. WTF, Nvidia?
AMD has 100% CF scaling. Gotta love "Gaming Evolved" program
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 06:12 AM   #280
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Mr_Skinny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Yep, that's what I have.
Well, if they don't send the key by the time I'm back from my vacation I'll just buy it, as the general consensus seems to be it's a good game.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
My code finally turned up about 20 minutes ago, so perhaps yours has as well.
Old May 4, 2013, 11:16 AM   #281
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post

Notes on the 320.00 beta drivers show an SLI profile for Blood Dragon... There is even a GeForce Experience profile for it already. Pretty good for being out less than a week.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 12:10 PM   #282
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Just one of many reasons why this game's soundtrack is amazing:

And another:

And yes, another:

Old May 4, 2013, 12:34 PM   #283
minaelromany
Radeon Caribbean Islands

minaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyminaelromany can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

^^ I noticed that when I first started playing the game
SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 290 4GB Vapor-X OC 1.1GHz/5.2GHz GDDR5
3 BenQ 2420HD 1080p 24" Widescreen LCD in Eyefinity
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD + 30.0TB of HDDs
Sound Blaster Z -Cambridge SoundWorks DTT 3500 Digital
Seasonic X-850
2xBenq 1640 - LiteOn iHAS120-Pioneer 111L - Samsung 203B - NEC Optiarc AD-7200S DVD+/-RW burners
NZXT Phantom Red Edition
minaelromany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 01:24 PM   #284
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah the music in this game is ****in awesome.

Developers take note, more games like this please. I think I would have gladly paid at least $40 for this one.
Old May 4, 2013, 06:05 PM   #285
Deaderinred
Banned

Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Deaderinred once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

my brother wasn't going to get this, he knew nothing about it other than his option of the original far cry 3 being ****.

i showed him the intro up to and little bit after the long tall sally section.

he shat bricks and frantically tried to find his credit card to buy it on xbox live, frothing at the mouth in the process.
Deaderinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 09:30 PM   #286
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit I'm good"

I am laughing my ass off in this game. For the first time in many years I find myself enjoying a video game as if I'm 11 years old again.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 11:44 PM   #287
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

found the soundtrack online holy crap!
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 11:49 PM   #288
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
found the soundtrack online holy crap!
If you guys are interested, I uploaded the entire soundtrack on YouTube!
Old May 4, 2013, 11:51 PM   #289
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
If you guys are interested, I uploaded the entire soundtrack on YouTube!
i am sure you are aware, but some versions that have been posted have resulted in accounts being terminated (but you probably know ways around that). Anyways I was talking about finding those pesky MP3 versions found some new driving music
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 11:55 PM   #290
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i am sure you are aware, but some versions that have been posted have resulted in accounts being terminated (but you probably know ways around that).
I wasn't aware of that, but I did manually "acknowledge" that each song was third-party content so I shouldn't have any problems with it.
Old May 4, 2013, 11:56 PM   #291
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ew... The game has force restarted my PC twice now... Once when trying to save, and just now when trying to load (both were after more than 20 minutes of play).

Really liking the game otherwise; I hope these two times are flukes.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 12:25 AM   #292
The Luggage
Life is Good

The Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird singsThe Luggage knows why the caged bird sings

I have run into a resolution issue. I have have surround setup on my GTX670 and the game defaults to 5760x1200. It's playable at this resolution, but the framerate is still too low for my tastes. Problem is, if I try to change the resolution to 1920x1200 it blacks out everything except for the middle third of my middle monitor.
The Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 07:47 PM   #293
GravY
Rage3D Spammer

GravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsGravY glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

just picked this up.. will get some play time in tonight..

anyone running this with a GTX 660 OC.. what can I expect with settings/fps??

I have not played FC3.
"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
GravY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 07:55 PM   #294
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravY View Post
just picked this up.. will get some play time in tonight..

anyone running this with a GTX 660 OC.. what can I expect with settings/fps??

I have not played FC3.
Do not enable MSAA.

yoz
Old May 5, 2013, 08:50 PM   #295
acroig
Master Troll

Default Michael Biehn Confirms Potential Blood Dragon Sequel

"Despite Ubisoft being cautious about this project at first, it has pleasantly surprised almost everyone including those very higher ups because according to Michael Biehn the sales of Blood Dragon have exceeded FIVE times the initial expectations of Ubisoft. Which has Dean excitedly calling Michael up which leads up to this quote:

'Dean was with me on the phone last night. He was pretty jacked up. He was going into a meeting today, to you know.. I think he wants to turn it into some sort of franchise. He’s got a sequel in mind.'"

http://invalidopinions.com/2013/05/0...dragon-sequel/

yoz
Old May 5, 2013, 08:59 PM   #296
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I'm so glad that this team has exceeded their expectations, they totally deserve it
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 08:59 PM   #297
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
"Despite Ubisoft being cautious about this project at first, it has pleasantly surprised almost everyone including those very higher ups because according to Michael Biehn the sales of Blood Dragon have exceeded FIVE times the initial expectations of Ubisoft. Which has Dean excitedly calling Michael up which leads up to this quote:

'Dean was with me on the phone last night. He was pretty jacked up. He was going into a meeting today, to you know.. I think he wants to turn it into some sort of franchise. He’s got a sequel in mind.'"

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 09:36 PM   #298
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post

My faith in triple-A publishers/developers has been restored!
Old May 5, 2013, 09:59 PM   #299
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

publishers always keep going with good selling games, nothing has changed there.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 10:43 PM   #300
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
publishers always keep going with good selling games, nothing has changed there.
They have actually been pretty decent with new IP's and taking chances with existing ones for a AAA publisher.

Sure they milk the heck out of their franchises, but they seem to invest in trying to make them better. They aren't always successful, but they have done more than most.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote