Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:06 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default There Will Be Blood

Just watched this last night. Another Daniel Day Lewis Epic -- must see IMO. I am also a little biased on the oil industry but it is a great film.

switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 01:35 PM   #2
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I enjoyed it as well.

Definitely deserved best actor for his performance!

One of the must see movies in 2007.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Idle Wild
Up and away!

Idle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyIdle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought it was one of the most depressingly boring movies I have watched in a long time.
Idle Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:49 PM   #4
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Great movie.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 04:54 PM   #5
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppersswitchAMG has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle Wild View Post
I thought it was one of the most depressingly boring movies I have watched in a long time.
To each his own but most would disagree with you. Rarely have I seen a film get 92% on RottenTomatoes.com.
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 05:37 PM   #6
Stingray
Banned

Quote:
What are your favourite movies?
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:15 PM   #7
eatyour1337ies
Orgy-porgy gives release

eatyour1337ies is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:46 PM   #8
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

At 1st, I didn't know what to think of it. I thought Lewis was incredible, but Paul Thomas Anderson has a history of pissing me off. After about a week, the movie wouldn't leave my head. I had never had that before. I decided that what originally bothered me, Plainview's decent into madness, was brilliantly handled. I didn't quite agree with it until I thought about Eli more. I don't know how I missed it while watching, but I got the wrong idea about his character; I was taking him at face value, as a holy man. That was wrong of me.

Once I got through that and cleared up one thing I missed at the beginning, I realized that this movie is nearly perfect. Kudos to Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead on the score as well. The subtle mood you created blew me away, and I’m not just saying that as a fan. There is one particular scene where Lewis is running away from the well and the music is building in intensity until it completely correlates with the action on screen. You deserved an Oscar nomination for that, Jonny. You got robbed.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 06:53 PM   #9
Stingray
Banned

Old Mar 24, 2008, 07:58 PM   #10
Idle Wild
Up and away!

Idle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyIdle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well, let me think about that. I liked I am legend, apart from the whole I'm Will Smith look at me thing, oh and the fact it wasn't even about me. One movie I really liked recently is We Own the Night. That is spot on the guy out of gladiator is a brilliant actor, probably say that's the best movie I've seen in the past year. No country for old men was pretty good, as is the other similar one that Tommy Lee Jones is in called something like 'the third burial of...' Other movies I rate? Pulp Fiction, really funny.

I've never seen The Godfather, but -- and I'm a fan of The Sopranos -- I just don't think it's the kind of movie I could get into anyway.
Idle Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:11 PM   #11
AlienZombie
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AlienZombie is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I kinda agree. The acting was superb, especially DD Lewis, but I didnt find the film all that exciting to watch. To be honest, I tend not to like movies that all the critics like, but I still cant help going to see them every now and then.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 11:41 PM   #12
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

The ending with the priest was great!!!!!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote