Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 11, 2019, 05:16 PM   #3061
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 07:53 PM   #3062
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
Make your mind up Sir Pauly you earlier mentioned it was NV's misinterpretation of the crypto market and now it's price which is exactly what I have suggested?
Imho,

Misreading the mining market was the major component for the share drop, while the less than expected adoption of rtx was more-so a minor component and tempory. The key was and is; old inventories of gpu's and ram; replacing the lost revenue created from mining. This is not tempory but a long term fix and the major component or reason for the share drop.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:27 PM   #3063
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Disgusting that people are excited about a $999 card in stock.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:31 PM   #3064
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
when other 2080ti’s are $200 to $400 more, it’s a good price in today’s market sadly. I’m sure you overpaid for your 2070 as well.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:50 PM   #3065
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
If it was in stock on Ebay at the same time there was a 10-15% off coupon, capped at not less than $100 then I'd buy it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:51 PM   #3066
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sadly, I fear, Nvidia is starting to normalize these higher prices. There seems to be some market resistance but when you look at the steam data looks to be very small. The resistance may be solved with value considerations like minor price adjustments, bundles, rebates and over-all rtx content and new gaming titles to drive sales.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:54 PM   #3067
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
.The resistance may be solved with value considerations like minor price adjustments, bundles, rebates and over-all rtx content and new gaming titles to drive sales.
NV needs to help devs add RTX and DLSS to games ASAP. WTF happed to the Tomb Raider RTX patch? NV should have coded that themselves and released it.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:55 PM   #3068
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Almost all 2070s to 2080 Tis here in Aus have had a price cut.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 09:55 PM   #3069
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
If it was in stock on Ebay at the same time there was a 10-15% off coupon, capped at not less than $100 then I'd buy it.
Yea, I probably would as well, $899 without tax would about make it worth it after selling my 1080ti
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:40 PM   #3070
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
NV needs to help devs add RTX and DLSS to games ASAP. WTF happed to the Tomb Raider RTX patch? NV should have coded that themselves and released it.
Takes time and Nvidia works with developers but doesn't control them, imho. I'm not going to buy Turing 'till there is stronger dollar value, maturity and rtx content.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:47 PM   #3071
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/shado...acing-effects/

still waiting
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:21 PM   #3072
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

more RTX cards (2070/80 & ti ) than Vega's
Steam survey is not even close to accurate, as many people don't opt in as well as it being random.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Feb 11, 2019 at 11:30 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:27 AM   #3073
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Steam survey is not even close to accurate, as many people don't opt in as well as it being random.
miners don't count

they do seem to be selling well in the last 9 days
us only I think

ti's

https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...ll_history.php

2080's
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...ll_history.php
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 02:46 AM   #3074
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The EVGA black was actually in stock for quite a while this time. There were still a few available five hours after it was posted in this thread. All gone now of course.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:53 AM   #3075
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Well, that's some news I guess. Thanks for the link.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:07 AM   #3076
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Anyone know what the common results are of overclocking 2080Ti's with the twin fan reference cooler that isn't an FE?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:07 AM   #3077
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Oh, there will be a slow price adjustment at some point. You don't lose half your stock price because of a greedy money grab and don't course correct.

What happened to Nvidia's stock value because of this stunt, is a huge lesson for the industry. Right up there with Apple and their 1K iPhone.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:20 AM   #3078
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Anyone know what the common results are of overclocking 2080Ti's with the twin fan reference cooler that isn't an FE?
Just a heads up, the chips are binned. The FE's and the cards with the higher price point are binned chips with higher default clocks than the ones at the MSRP. IIRC, they are even stamped with a different PN.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 09:25 AM   #3079
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Just a heads up, the chips are binned. The FE's and the cards with the higher price point are binned chips with higher default clocks than the ones at the MSRP. IIRC, they are even stamped with a different PN.
Right, understood. That's why I specifically asked about a non-FE card. Just curious on a cheap, basic 1080Ti for $1000 on how it might overclock.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:06 AM   #3080
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
when other 2080ti’s are $200 to $400 more, it’s a good price in today’s market sadly. I’m sure you overpaid for your 2070 as well.
Not quite, got it for free from EVGA
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:27 AM   #3081
Nascar24

Quote:
Not quite, got it for free from EVGA
Well for most they are $500 is to much for that card as well. Should be closer to $350.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:00 PM   #3082
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I have a Zotac 2080 TI with a 3 fan cooler. I hit 2040 mhz (+50 core) and temps don't reach 70*C. I have headroom to push it further but see no real need.
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 01:28 PM   #3083
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Believe a new update for Battlefield V with further Dxr optimizations and Dlss support is out.

Spoke too soon, middle of this week:

https://twitter.com/BFBulletin/statu...97895567290368

Last edited by SIrPauly : Feb 12, 2019 at 01:52 PM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2019, 04:36 PM   #3084
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
I have a Zotac 2080 TI with a 3 fan cooler. I hit 2040 mhz (+50 core) and temps don't reach 70*C. I have headroom to push it further but see no real need.
Aren't all the reference designs twin fan? Cheapest Zotac I see with 3 fans is $1200-$1300.

Looking for reference design results guys, unless you can buy a better equipped card for $1000. Thanks though.

Work was blocking a lot of my internet access, but I'll check online tonight and see what I can find.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 05:38 PM   #3085
Nagorak

Quote:
Right, understood. That's why I specifically asked about a non-FE card. Just curious on a cheap, basic 1080Ti for $1000 on how it might overclock.
From reading some posts on the EVGA forum it seems like the card overclocks decently (still silicon lottery). It's probably not worth the extra $200 for another card that might get an at most ~5% higher core clock.

The power limit on these chips is 112% though. I am not certain whether other 2080 Tis have a higher limit. Either way, it doesn't really change the calculation much. There isn't that much extra overclocking headroom built into Pascal or Turing to warrant paying $200 more. You'd be better off just buying the EVGA Black and adding a Kraken G12 + AIO to it (you'll get higher clocks due to lower temps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
Oh, there will be a slow price adjustment at some point. You don't lose half your stock price because of a greedy money grab and don't course correct.

What happened to Nvidia's stock value because of this stunt, is a huge lesson for the industry. Right up there with Apple and their 1K iPhone.
I'm thinking that by the time the 2080 Ti is cheap enough for me to consider it will be too late in the cycle to bother with it. That is unless the other manufacturers seriously get busy getting their cards down to the $1000 price point. To be honest, even $1000 is more than I'm willing to pay.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 07:11 PM   #3086
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I'm thinking that by the time the 2080 Ti is cheap enough for me to consider it will be too late in the cycle to bother with it. That is unless the other manufacturers seriously get busy getting their cards down to the $1000 price point. To be honest, even $1000 is more than I'm willing to pay.
I'm starting to think the 30 percent jump from my 1080ti isn't worth it at this point and also would probably be better off waiting for a 3080ti and another 30 percent on top of that.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:04 PM   #3087
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
I'm starting to think the 30 percent jump from my 1080ti isn't worth it at this point and also would probably be better off waiting for a 3080ti and another 30 percent on top of that.
Definitely the best option at this point, I think. If I could get a lot of dough for my Strix 1080Ti, I MIGHT do it. But I'm tied up with PS4 games at the moment anyway. Just getting impatient.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:00 AM   #3088
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Evga Black is now 1069 on the egg. So tempting.
Need to see that Metro and BFV performance.

Last edited by KAC : Feb 13, 2019 at 12:12 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2019, 01:13 AM   #3089
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

With no competition, around 1,000 dollars becomes much more tempting and another example of the market being normalized by Nvidia's premium pricing strategy.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 04:06 AM   #3090
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I have to admit, with the lack of competition prices are looking better over time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
NV are in the chicken and egg syndrome. They are having to pay Dev's for ray tracing and DLSS support because Turing footprint is way too small because of the high price they're charging. With their share price tanking investors are not happy which is bound to limit their budget to spend on Dev's unless they reduce the price. Time for Jensen to bite the bullet and admit his pricing strategy for Turing was all wrong. The TI needs to come down to $800 and the 2080 to $550 and they'll sell well but I won't be holding my breath.

It's always that way - innovation is a gamble and costs money. Say what you like about Nvidia, but they are and have been the clear innovators in the industry for a very long time now. Doesn't mean it always pays off, but kudos to them for the effort. It's why I switched camps years ago - Nv really are for PC gamers (and as a side effect - their wallets).