Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:49 AM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I've tried a few games since getting my phone, and have a few findings:

I like Pixel Rain - it's a simple game but it's interesting and is a good time waster - since the levels are short puzzles, it's good for doing something without having to be immersed.

I also like Osmos, the concept is pretty straight forward, but it's a nice mix of concepts in a straightforward game that looks quite nice.

Defense Craft and Midieval Empires seemed shallow and a little difficult to use the interface of... I didn't get past the demos.

I've also spent some time with Chess Free by AI Factory, it's a straightforward chess game, but the AI is pretty good (and I'm pretty bad), so if you're not a chess player, don't expect to win much even on the easiest difficulty. It's nothing fancy, but it's nice to waste some time on something intellectual now and then.

Robo Defense seemed interesting... but it's a little static. The visuals are nothing fancy and it's a pretty simple game, I didn't get past the demo, but it's not uninstalled.

Minecraft is a nice idea, but with only the basic creative mode you can't do much. The controls are ok without the Xperia buttons, but they're a bit of a pain. I'm hoping it gets to be better when survival is added.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64

HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:38 AM   #62
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 04:47 PM   #63
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
In case you don't have it yet, this is bar none the best phone game it is currently on sale for 99 cents and is now available on android. TouchArcade President-in-Chief Eli Hodapp freely argues is the greatest game ever created Do not miss this game, and thank me later. Do not let the graphics fool you this game is simply awesome. It's hard to explain it's like puzzle quest (but much deeper and way more fun in it's matching component, essentially if you like dungeon romps you will love this and if you have an easily addictive personality you will be hooked for longer than you want to be), but you draw lines to defeat ever added enemies then keep going til you die and level up and get upgrades, it's like a rogue type game in that you just keep going deeper and deeper until you die then start all over to unlock more character types and crap, hard to explain and it doesn't sound awesome on paper but it's the best game period.

there are 10 classes,400+ unique items to buy and upgrade,30 abilities, 20 upgrades, 25 different monsters to beat etc.. you can literally play this for hundreds of hours, but each game is from a few minutes to hopefully an hour plus if your lucky.

http://toucharcade.com/2012/01/18/du...n-sale-now-99/

iOs
http://itunes.apple.com/app/dungeon-...403090531?mt=8
Android
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fireflame.dungeonraid&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5maXJlZmxhbWUuZH VuZ2VvbnJhaWQiXQ..
wow you owe me hours of productivity, this thing is like crack
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 7, 2012, 08:23 PM   #64
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangFu View Post
wow you owe me hours of productivity, this thing is like crack
Yup, I wish more people would try it, the dude deserves mad money for this game.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 09:15 PM   #65
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yeah the concept is so simple but the rpg elements makes it really cool and addictive
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:43 AM   #66
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

triple town is available on the marketplace now. it's a match 3 game with some strategy involved as you have to build a village. kind of fun to play for free, but it's loaded with microtransactions. 4$ to unlocked unlimited play then more money to buy different items. still, it's pretty generous with it's free version in terms of how long you can play the first few times so it's worth checking out.

you might remember the game from the controversy where the publisher of the game completed ripped off the developer and released an identical game after seeing confidential data and design documents. read about it here if interested - http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/3...es_Lolapps.php

the app is here - https://market.android.com/details?i...fox.tripletown
Old Feb 9, 2012, 05:35 PM   #67
wangFu
take him away!

toki tori has been added to the humble bundle
Old Feb 11, 2012, 03:38 PM   #68
wrex
Radeon R700

wrex is still being judged by the masses

World of Goo and Cut the rope have gotten me addicted! Both games have a simple premise but they are really fun.
wrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 01:18 PM   #69
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

new kairosoft game on the market called dungeon village. anyone tried it?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 05:08 PM   #70
wangFu
take him away!

Ill wait until they put up a lite version to try it out
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:20 PM   #71
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

new humble bundle is up

http://www.humblebundle.com/

canabalt
zen bound 2
cogs
avadon (tablet only)
swords and soldiers if you beat the average.

pay at least 1$ to get a steam key for the games.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:31 PM   #72
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I got bored with many complicated 3D games (especially FPS), but what I addicted to now is Dungeon Village and World Cruise Story. I don't like playing sims on PC but apparently it runs great on touch controls.

It would be cool if someone could port original Red Alert to Android (no, I don't like any look-alike game), it would be a great to past times with it. The only thing close it is using PSX emulator and play Red Alert Retaliation, its not perfect but better than nothing.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:29 AM   #73
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The new Angry Bird Space is pretty awesome A bit more challenging than standard ones
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:44 AM   #74
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

and they finally put a paid version of the game on the market. which is nice because the ads are obnoxiously big in the free version.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:04 PM   #75
wangFu
take him away!

i rarely see ads, but then a gain i rarely have the data connection on
Old Apr 2, 2012, 09:12 AM   #76
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Reckless Racing 2: Offers customizations, upgrades and more tracks this time around.

Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/8a77njw
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2012, 03:52 PM   #77
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
and they finally put a paid version of the game on the market. which is nice because the ads are obnoxiously big in the free version.
There have been paid versions of every Angry Birds game for a while on Amazon Appstore
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:04 PM   #78
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I should get my new SGS2 when I get to home in NC from NJ tomorrow. My phone package is already in my bedroom. So what are the best free games must have?

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 12:33 PM   #79
EagleEye
Radeon R520

EagleEye is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs up Check out my game recently released for Android - BlastZone 2

Hey guys, I recently released my game BlastZone 2 for Android! It is a 2D/3D side scrolling shooter, you guys should check it out! The game has been available for the PC as well, with a lot of content updates since its release.

The website is http://www.BlastZone2.com

And take a look at the new trailer!
Old May 12, 2012, 12:58 PM   #80
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Awesome! I love this side scrolling shooter arcade games, reminding me of old Life Force I used to play.

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old May 13, 2012, 01:07 PM   #81
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Mini Motor Racing

Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/d425re5

It's like a cross between Reckless Racing 2 and Bang Bang Racing. There are minor upgrades for the cars and the races for the most part are decent lengths of around 3-6 laps depending on the track. It's has several different options for control so pretty much everyone should be able to find one which works for them (and their device). The menus are a little laggy on my Xoom but the gameplay is fine. There is no "back" option to leave the game, you just hit your Android Home button so that's a little lame. Otherwise, it's a good fun.
Old May 14, 2012, 06:51 AM   #82
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Heavy Gunner 3D

I found this game when reading a review of a tablet, turns out it's a lot of fun!

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 03:58 PM   #83
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Market link: http://tinyurl.com/78khwcu

It plays great on my Xoom and is a lot of fun. I'm not sure how it would fair on a phone, but it also works great using my Fling controller. We'll worth it on a tablet (and it was .99 cents a few days ago).
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:02 PM   #84
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Market link: http://tinyurl.com/6ursr8w

Killer Bean Unleashed

It's a simple platformer with decent graphics. The controls are simple which you basically have left, right, jump and shoot. No duck or anything which I think would have moved this from an ok game to a really good game (i.e. like a D-pad control style). As is, the play is fluid on my Xoom and it's fun for a little while.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 07:27 AM   #85
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Final Fantasy 3 from Square Enix released on Google Play.
It's very expensive for a mobile game, but apparently it's worth it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eplay.FFIII_GP
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2012, 11:42 AM   #86
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Final Fantasy 3 from Square Enix released on Google Play.
It's very expensive for a mobile game, but apparently it's worth it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eplay.FFIII_GP
Wowzers Ł10.99, erm you need to be a fan of this I would guess.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 10:20 AM   #87
Gator
Unreal Android

Gator is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Spirit HD
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...jakyl.spirithd
http://spiritapp.com/

I really like this game, it's similar to Geometry Wars. And it works great on both my Droid 2's 3.7" screen as well as my HP TouchPad's 10" screen.

Important: For a time this game would not install on ICS from Google Play. I think this has since been resolved, but in case anyone has trouble I got around the problem by using Titanium Backup. I backed up from my Droid 2 (2.3.7), copied the backup to my TouchPad (4.04), and restored on the TouchPad. You can probably also side-load it in ICS.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2012, 05:14 PM   #88
Yceman
Radeon R600

Yceman is still being judged by the masses

I hate whoever posted about Dungeon Raid.
Several hours lost over this

All joking aside, it's a good game, although I'm finding it very difficult to progress
Yceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2012, 01:17 PM   #89
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mad Skills Motocross

Market Link: http://tinyurl.com/7tzjjjz

It's like a cross between Excitebike and some of the 'trials' type motorcycle games. It's pretty fun, although frustrating at times. The on screen buttons are placed a little odd, at least for me. I end up hitting the wrong button or completely missing the location of the buttons at times. There are some stability issues with some devices, but overall a very fun game. They are working on issues so I'm sure most of them will be cleared up soon.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:29 AM   #90
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNapoleonic can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

excitebike? I played the hell out of it back then on NES trying MSM now!

meh, not fun at all... uninstalled

Last edited by Napoleonic : Jul 21, 2012 at 05:50 AM.
Napoleonic is offline   Reply With Quote