Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 11, 2020, 01:56 PM   #631
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Me and Gi bro have been playing online it's hilarious.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2020, 02:06 PM   #632
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I finished the game and epilogue already but I am still exploring the map because there are a lot of side quests to do.

There are also a lot of random encounters that are a bit creepy! Some of NPC interaction in town alludes to them as well. I love the attention to detail in this game.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2020, 02:14 PM   #633
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Me and Gi bro have been playing online it's hilarious.
What's the online experience like? Think it'll be anything like GTAV?

Not that I've played GTAV online either...but I do feel like I've missed out.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 11, 2020, 02:29 PM   #634
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Some times we see people sometimes it's just us roaming around it seems like. Met a dude a week ago while we hijacked the train we gave him a lift lol nice fellow didn't shoot us. WE still don't know what we are doing and every thing good seems likes it's behind a gold bar paywall.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Jan 12, 2020, 02:35 AM   #635
Evileh

Case in point...

Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Jan 12, 2020, 03:43 AM   #636
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wow.. that laugh sounds like someone trying to crank over a Hemi big block with a flat battery!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2020, 03:46 AM   #637
Evileh

Thanks mega gay
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Jan 12, 2020, 03:47 AM   #638
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Thanks mega gay
Damn man, get your timing checked and gap them spark plugs!
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2020, 09:36 AM   #639
Evileh

GiBro made a bf1 video of me and him playing with me laughing in my plane and compared my laugh to the Mexican talk show meeme lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:43 PM   #640
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

150 Hours and just entered Chapter 3! Taking my time and exploring, doing side stuff, hunting,...etc. One of the best games I played by Rockstar since Vice City (for me).
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2020, 08:51 AM   #641
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

im killing literally every single NPC i come across now and having a laugh doing it. drowning them is fun

Assassins creed origins is vastly superior to RDR2

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo

Last edited by ATI FURY-OUS : Jan 15, 2020 at 11:25 AM.
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2020, 09:45 AM   #642
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

I got a refund from EGS.
Submitted a ticket to Rockstar on 12/30 and they still haven’t responded.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2020, 12:38 PM   #643
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ass Creed isn't even in the same ballpark.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 02:18 AM   #644
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thinking about starting this on PC. I don’t even know why I picked it up as all my double dip attempts fail other than when it’s Megaman’s Mum.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2020, 04:25 AM   #645
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thinking about starting this on PC. I don’t even know why I picked it up as all my double dip attempts fail other than when it’s Megaman’s Mum.
She told me she barely felt your first dip.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 05:06 AM   #646
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
She told me she barely felt your first dip.
So you are telling me Megaman is not mine?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 07:59 AM   #647
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Game won't launch for me again for some shitty reason (recent patch?). Epic games install. **** this crap.

Edit: Found out you need to update the Longer Days mod if you're using that. The recent game patch messed with it so that's why my game wouldn't start. Dang.

Last edited by globalist : Jan 19, 2020 at 09:18 AM.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2020, 11:56 AM   #648
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

found out this stupid bug where setting particle quality at anything above medium causes train chimney smoke not to render at all, at least running DX12.
One of the coolest effects in the game, btw.
Also for some reasons in many of the cutscenes the lighting on characters can be truly awful; some apparently receive no ambient occlusion, refractions, reflections, global lighting, shadows and so on.
might be nitpicking here, but it really stands out since lighting in general when playing is nothing short of amazing.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 03:58 AM   #649
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I'm still discovering some great moments in this game.

Its raining and getting dark. I'm slowly making my way towards a small camp with a campfire burning. Its occupied by 5 cowboys that have not detected my presence yet. I'm probably 20 feet away, crouched behind a moderate grade of earth, but close enough to hear them talking. I decide to lob a Molotov and back off to cover and watch the carnage. When they figure out what is happening, they begin to return fire in my direction. At first I thought they were simply terrible shots, because they were missing me by some distance. But then I noticed (remember its getting dark) they are not even facing in my direction. At this point maybe 3 of the 5 are still alive. What I didn't realize, and what had drawn their attention was a very large grizzly that was approaching my position from behind and out of my sight. Game ended as the grizzly attacked and ate me while I was still alive. As to what happened to the remaining cowboys, they live now only in my memories

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 07:26 AM   #650
Andy22
Radeon R600

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I'm still discovering some great moments in this game.

Its raining and getting dark. I'm slowly making my way towards a small camp with a campfire burning. Its occupied by 5 cowboys that have not detected my presence yet. I'm probably 20 feet away, crouched behind a moderate grade of earth, but close enough to hear them talking. I decide to lob a Molotov and back off to cover and watch the carnage. When they figure out what is happening, they begin to return fire in my direction. At first I thought they were simply terrible shots, because they were missing me by some distance. But then I noticed (remember its getting dark) they are not even facing in my direction. At this point maybe 3 of the 5 are still alive. What I didn't realize, and what had drawn their attention was a very large grizzly that was approaching my position from behind and out of my sight. Game ended as the grizzly attacked and ate me while I was still alive. As to what happened to the remaining cowboys, they live now only in my memories
The emergent gameplay moments like this are what make this game so great.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2020, 07:14 PM   #651
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They are certainly part of what make the game great, but what truly elevates it is that it's a masterpiece of a character study.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 04:19 PM   #652
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

im murdering all the animals and npcs i come across outside of towns, the only fun im having (and insulting everyone in the camp)

Old Jan 28, 2020, 08:47 AM   #653
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

i was sooooo bored and trying to play the game to justify paying money for it i ended up stabbing and killing every living thing in the game, i wanted to see if they would hang me. it was like Red Dead Doom. i lost all my karma and money in my boredome rampage. when i was satisfied i went to load my quicksave before i let loose and discovered it had resaved the game after my arrest and money loss. FUQ!!!!

shitty game!

Old Jan 28, 2020, 12:15 PM   #654
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
i was sooooo bored and trying to play the game to justify paying money for it i ended up stabbing and killing every living thing in the game, i wanted to see if they would hang me. it was like Red Dead Doom. i lost all my karma and money in my boredome rampage. when i was satisfied i went to load my quicksave before i let loose and discovered it had resaved the game after my arrest and money loss. FUQ!!!!

shitty game!
I find it surprising that you actually like AC Origins over this. I'm playing through Origins now and have 80hrs into it, and there is simply no competition. Origins is lifeless, and the game world is pretty dull. The characters and AI are cookie cutter nonsense and don't really add anything to the game, story, or atmosphere. Everything just seems to be there to create busy work and make a large game. The environments aren't as immersive and nowhere near as pretty to look at. The visuals suffer from lots of pop in, inconsistent texture work, and some of the worst LOD I've seen in modern games.

What is it about Origins that you found so much better than Red Dead 2?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 03:11 PM   #655
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I find it surprising that you actually like AC Origins over this. I'm playing through Origins now and have 80hrs into it, and there is simply no competition. Origins is lifeless, and the game world is pretty dull. The characters and AI are cookie cutter nonsense and don't really add anything to the game, story, or atmosphere. Everything just seems to be there to create busy work and make a large game. The environments aren't as immersive and nowhere near as pretty to look at. The visuals suffer from lots of pop in, inconsistent texture work, and some of the worst LOD I've seen in modern games.

What is it about Origins that you found so much better than Red Dead 2?
i loved the game world more, found it much more vibrant and fun to explore, enjoyed the story.

Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:23 AM   #656
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Ooph I liked them both but Id pick RDR2 over Origins. Both are huge games but when it comes to details and story RDR takes it. Even with AC having like 30 games worth of story.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2020, 12:03 AM   #657
KAC
That postcount though...

Yeah some of the gays on here are nubs.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:08 AM   #658
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Still trudging through epilogue, losing the will here... how long does it go on for ???
Old Feb 8, 2020, 02:33 PM   #659
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Still trudging through epilogue, losing the will here... how long does it go on for ???
I like that the whole world is open in the epilogue but damn, forgot that John Marston can't swim the hard way!
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:59 PM   #660
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

The npc daily routines are interesting. One poor guy was up at 6am to start working, doing carpentry. At the end of the day he returned to an empty tavern and slept the night at a table I also like how multiple enemies will attempt to flank your cover position. And the sometimes creepy side-events are awesome. I recently rid the era of an incestuous couple that were doing bad things.

Another thing I have noticed is that some of these events have additional material when it seems you've completed them. Dropping off bounties for example - stick around after you do it to hear banter between the perp and the po-po. I knew there were lots of things hidden by design, but it now appears you definitely need to think outside the box for even more hidden content to be discovered.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Feb 9, 2020 at 01:06 AM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote