Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:14 PM   #1321
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I am surprised profitability in terms of BTC hasn’t gone up. That means some ****ers are still mining with graphics or ASICS.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2019, 08:41 AM   #1322
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I only got the SSD and frame left. All the other shite is done.
How much did you lose?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:45 AM   #1323
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
How much did you lose?
3K.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:46 PM   #1324
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
3K.

yoz
Old Mar 8, 2019, 02:25 AM   #1325
andino
Radeon Caribbean Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
It was fun and I would've been happy to continue running the rig. Once the price tanked far enough it just didn't make any sense. It'll come back eventually but history implies it may be quite a while.

The issue with mining is you're spending a lot of money on hardware, constantly need to upgrade to chase profitability, and when the market dives hard it takes a very long time to recover during which you are better off buying the currency while the price is low vs. mining.
To me, it made more sense to offset some of the new hardware cost and continue to use the hardware. If it was profitable, I'd still me mining. But as it sets I got 2 really nice graphics cards and got money off on them from the mining.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2019, 08:24 PM   #1326
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

^^ That would have been the best route to take honestly. Mine to help pay for the hardware in the main workstation. Skip building a rig.

Could always have invested in the currency directly, well after the price had taken a major hit, if it was desirable.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2019, 03:46 PM   #1327
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

I'm still pressing on; making around .0018-.0022 btc/day right now. I still see a future of decentralized internet with decentralized currency and my hardware is paid off - so unless they die they are running!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 03:49 PM   #1328
Riptide

Switched to the CLI wallet for XMR today. More out of boredom than anything else I guess. Speaking of which, XMR is forking today because of the stupid high nethash over the last few months. I hope it resolves that situation. If it doesn't, you'd be foolish to continue mining with a GPU.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Mar 9, 2019, 03:58 PM   #1329
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Command line you're hardcore lol
Old Mar 9, 2019, 04:01 PM   #1330
Riptide

I had help getting it switched from the GUI lol

There are guides that make using it pretty much cake. So, there went my nerd cred right out the window.

I run my wallets in a Windows 10 VM now. Hyper-v.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Mar 9, 2019, 05:12 PM   #1331
curio
𐐒ananaD

Wow nice

I keep everything on a cold Ledger nano with a hot wallet on Coinbase
Old Mar 30, 2019, 01:49 PM   #1332
curio
𐐒ananaD

Production is at .0025+ btc/day now; making decent profit. Some good algos out there now; X16r/Ravencoin, Cuckatoo31/Grin, Equihash 150.5/Beam, MTP/ZCoin.

I've got a decent portfolio going on now; BTC, Bitcoin cash, Litecoin, XRP, & XLM.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 12:49 PM   #1333
Riptide

Made some trades eh? Cool.

I saw XMR nethash is hanging around 300 mh/s which is god. The fork before this one, it didn't stay low for long. The price has stuck down there though so generally still not worth mining it w/o free power.

Currently all I have to show for myself is a bit of XMR and LUX. Holding onto them for now.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Mar 31, 2019, 05:24 PM   #1334
curio
𐐒ananaD

Yeah lots of coin conversions - it's just so easy to do. Digital currencies are great for trading. I think Ripple has a future and the Litecoin halving is coming up. Same with the BTC halving in May 2020.

And Ripple's competitor Stellar got signed by IBM for its global blockchain transactions; I think it could be something. So I'm playing both sides there. BTC cash because I want to print out some private keys to keep in a safe.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 01:13 PM   #1335
KAC
KAC

So you mean there is a chance!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 05:25 PM   #1336
curio
𐐒ananaD

I'm giving it all she's got captain
Old Apr 2, 2019, 08:02 AM   #1337
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post

I'm giving it all she's got captain
Scotty, I need more powa!!

yoz
Old Apr 2, 2019, 11:12 AM   #1338
KAC
KAC

Wow 4800 smacks today? Wtf? That’s tight.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 07:33 PM   #1339
curio
𐐒ananaD

Things are looking up
Old Apr 2, 2019, 09:57 PM   #1340
KAC
KAC

Broke 5000 after a while. What’s the reason for this?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:10 PM   #1341
curio
𐐒ananaD

The bull market is back - lots of buying with upcoming halvings I'm guessing

It's a good time for investment IMO - it's only going up from here
Old Apr 3, 2019, 01:05 AM   #1342
KAC
KAC

Now where have I heard that before?
Am waiting for it to hit 8K and then I would have made 1K profit out of all of this crap.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 01:43 PM   #1343
curio
𐐒ananaD

Yeah and you'll hear it again someday; key is knowing what to do when
Old Apr 4, 2019, 02:17 AM   #1344
KAC
KAC

Need it to hit 10K so I can sell my half coin.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 12:46 PM   #1345
curio
𐐒ananaD

Fingers crossed
Old Apr 5, 2019, 08:55 AM   #1346
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

It the 4-year cycle is true, it's better to wait 'till the end of 2021

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BT...y-End-of-2029/
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2019, 01:05 AM   #1347
KAC
KAC

5300 cock slaps now
Old Apr 10, 2019, 09:05 PM   #1348
Riptide

Holding what little I have. At this point, was hoping to buy more but was expecting it to tank completely down to 1000 or less.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Apr 11, 2019, 07:38 PM   #1349
curio
𐐒ananaD

I bought in at $3800
Old Apr 12, 2019, 09:14 PM   #1350
Riptide

Well at this point, it's looking like that may have been wise. The thinking that the market was going to completely evaporate down to well under $1000 per BTC has not yet materialized. Which, surprises me, and I'm a supporter of the technology.

Part of me sort of hopes for a huge crash still so I can get some XMR for $5 per coin or less. OTOH, I still have some of it, and if it goes up to even half of the previous ATH then I can pay for my original investment and break even.

Kinda miss running the rig, and it would be back to turning a (small) profit at this point in time. That said, it would've been at a loss for the first 3 months of the year.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB