Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Mar 4, 2014, 12:31 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

waiting patiently, not gonna update unless I can root it though, absolutely need the volume boost.

Question. Anyone know how to get the ****ing compass calibrated? Is it an actual magnetic compass?

I guess that would explain my iomount throwing it off if that's the case but I thought they used gps calibration and g-sensors to determine heading.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2014, 06:34 PM   #122
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

My phone is currently downloading update 4.4

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/8058...at-update.html

Quote:
  • Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
  • Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
  • Improved GPS performance.
  • Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
  • Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
  • Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
  • Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
  • New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
I really hope the GPS issues are resolved, its the one thing I really hate about this phone. If that is fixed, this phone is perfect.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2014, 06:51 PM   #123
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

C'mon Verizon.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 27, 2014, 08:09 PM   #124
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

My phone is currently downloading update 4.4

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/8058...at-update.html

I really hope the GPS issues are resolved, its the one thing I really hate about this phone. If that is fixed, this phone is perfect.
I've had this over a week now on Tmo, and so far my GPS has been working perfectly.

So far....
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2014, 09:15 PM   #125
Kovster
SV650s

Kovster is still being judged by the masses

Verizon is probably trying to block every tethering exploit before unrolling.

So all these people jump on it, only to find out they can tether anymore, I guess its still a big problem with people on unlimited accounts.

Which kinda brings me to a side thought, I'm surprised Verizon has not been capping the speed on unlimited users yet. NOTHING in the old or new contract states that they are guaranteed xxmbps, just unlimited data.
Kovster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2014, 04:45 AM   #126
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwood View Post
I've had this over a week now on Tmo, and so far my GPS has been working perfectly.

So far....
Was out in an area last night that usually results in the GPS loosing signal every 2 minutes, had no issues at all
Old Mar 28, 2014, 05:02 AM   #127
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Was out in an area last night that usually results in the GPS loosing signal every 2 minutes, had no issues at all

Been super happy with this so far. No complaints at all yet.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 11:09 AM   #128
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
C'mon Verizon.
F* Verizon
|MaguS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2014, 06:31 AM   #129
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

So it's been a few days with this update, no issues at all. Before my phone could take a few seconds to actually connect a call and start calling, now it seems to be instantaneous. GPS has been awesome too.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 07:32 AM   #130
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
So it's been a few days with this update, no issues at all. Before my phone could take a few seconds to actually connect a call and start calling, now it seems to be instantaneous. GPS has been awesome too.
I've been having issues with calling over wifi. Once the call is initiated and it's ringing, any key I touch hangs up. Voicemail, bank to balance the books...anything that requires another key press, bam...disconnected.

Set it to network preferred calling and all is well.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 02:00 AM   #131
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

PSA: Lollipop is starting to roll out for the N900. Hopefully some of the other variants will follow soon.

First country to get the update? None other than Motherland Russia

btw, this is official, not the leaked beta from a month ago. So keep a close eye on your OTA, Kies, or sammobile over the next few weeks, if you want the update ASAP!

Article: http://www.sammobile.com/2015/01/28/...-5-0-lollipop/

Firmware: http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N900/

XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...rived-t3015128
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2015, 04:21 AM   #132
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled witht3hl33td4rg0n is not someone to be trifled with

5.0 OTA is available for T-Mo subs!

Flashing via Odin right now........

Then root...
Then custom recovery...
Then put CM12 back on.

Edit:

Stock ROM is 2.3GB
CM 12 is 0.3GB
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 512GB Samsung 860 EVO | 4TB WDC Black | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 500GB SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote