Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 3, 2018, 05:05 AM   #631
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Mar 3, 2018 at 05:21 AM.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2018, 09:26 AM   #632
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Very nice!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 03:41 PM   #633
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Finally got around to finishing this game today. 23 hours play time. ****ing amazing game. The enemies I will say is the main drawback of the game, they felt boring to me. The story was superb though. I think I will do a 2nd playthrough soon. Gotta pick up the Mooncrash DLC when its on sale.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 2, 2018, 01:59 AM   #634
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wow so much positivity. Ok will try again next year since my 2018 is pretty much booked out with all the new games coming out.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2018, 01:22 PM   #635
John C Flett
Grumpy Bunny

John C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete strangerJohn C Flett once held a door open for a complete stranger

I plan to give Prey and Deus Ex Mankind Divided another try at some point. I gave up on both. In part the combat was so tedious but also because I had to spend so much time scrounging for tools and resources to facilitate the tedious combat.

Hopefully if I knock the difficulty down I might be able to move through the combat faster and focus on the more interesting aspects of the game.

John C Flett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 06:34 PM   #636
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just fired this game up for the first time and am left scratching my head wondering what the hell happened to the graphics. Apparently that E3 2016 trailer was complete bull.

Is the "ultra graphics" mod worth getting?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 06:39 PM   #637
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

read the comments on the nexus before trying the mod. the author never updated the mod but it looks like some users have found workarounds.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:30 PM   #638
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
I just fired this game up for the first time and am left scratching my head wondering what the hell happened to the graphics. Apparently that E3 2016 trailer was complete bull.

Is the "ultra graphics" mod worth getting?
I don't know about the trailer. It's true the graphics are not "ultra realistic", but they are good enough to get the job done if you look past that. I feel like the graphics is almost a similar style to something like Bioshock.

In any case, the game really isn't about having the best graphics.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2018, 09:36 PM   #639
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The arboretum is downright ugly in spots.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2018, 02:36 PM   #640
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Prey is on sale right now on Steam (50% off). Worth buying? I've read many people stating that it is "boring." Is this true? Also, is the DLC worth buying? The DLC is not on sale right now.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2018, 02:56 PM   #641
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Prey is on sale right now on Steam (50% off). Worth buying? I've read many people stating that it is "boring." Is this true?
If you liked Bioshock and System Shock get this, otherwise pass. More than worth $15 IMHO.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2018, 04:33 PM   #642
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish - one of my favorites of 2017 - but it's not for everyone as the slower pace hybrid bioshock/deusex playstyle is not something every gamer will enjoy.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]4.3][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2018, 07:42 AM   #643
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This was one of my favorite games of all time. As said it's like SS2 and Deus Ex, etc. I guess not everyone's cup of tea, but that just means that a some people are:
Old Nov 2, 2018, 07:56 AM   #644
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
Prey is on sale right now on Steam (50% off). Worth buying? I've read many people stating that it is "boring." Is this true? Also, is the DLC worth buying? The DLC is not on sale right now.
What the guys above said. Phenomenal game, but just not for everyone. The DLC is not worth it imo. It's basically a perma-death run. See how far you get with very limited resources etc. I've never finished it and don't plan to.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 08:00 AM   #645
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Loved Prey, but I'll echo what others have said. If you're into CoD and Battlefield-style constant action, you won't like Prey. It's a thinking man's shooter with a decent story.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2018, 08:16 AM   #646
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
This was one of my favorite games of all time. As said it's like SS2 and Deus Ex, etc. I guess not everyone's cup of tea, but that just means that a some people are:
i bought it last year but for some reason never played it. System shock/deus ex type shooters are my fav
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2018, 08:41 AM   #647
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
i bought it last year but for some reason never played it. System shock/deus ex type shooters are my fav
It's worth the play time Higgy. It started out a little slow imo, but ramps up very nicely. Lots to explore/fight/have fun through.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:26 PM   #648
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't sure so didn't buy during the sale. Will most likely buy next sale.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:12 PM   #649
crunchysuperman
Idiot

crunchysuperman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
Same here. I probably play Deus Ex every year, but this one I put down after a level or two.

I'll pick it back up at some point.
crunchysuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2019, 03:50 PM   #650
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Prey is on sale $5.99 STEAM.

Better deal than the summer sale. Guess it didn't sell as much as they hoped.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2019, 04:07 PM   #651
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

How good is this game? Anyone? Worth playing?

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2019, 04:46 PM   #652
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Prey is on sale $5.99 STEAM.

Better deal than the summer sale. Guess it didn't sell as much as they hoped.
8 bucks for the game plus mooncrash
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2019, 05:31 PM   #653
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
How good is this game? Anyone? Worth playing?
One of my favorite games in recent years. It really surprised me how much I enjoyed Prey. Awesome game - Arkane Studios know their stuff. Good to know: it has nothing to do with previous games of the same name / "franchise", as Bethesda mostly chose to use the name for its marketing purposes.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 07:24 PM   #654
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
One of my favorite games in recent years. It really surprised me how much I enjoyed Prey. Awesome game - Arkane Studios know their stuff. Good to know: it has nothing to do with previous games of the same name / "franchise", as Bethesda mostly chose to use the name for its marketing purposes.
Yeah, it's really shame is that they used "Prey" as marketing purpose when it's not really related to the previous game. Anyways, thanks for your sharing opinion on it!

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 02:26 AM   #655
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Yeah, it's really shame is that they used "Prey" as marketing purpose when it's not really related to the previous game. Anyways, thanks for your sharing opinion on it!
It's a good game, definitely one of my favs of recent years. But yeah, the name, not even sure it was particularly relevant to the game's theme.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 09:04 AM   #656
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Bought on a sale.

I'm shocked this game has such glitchy 360 gamepad support, what a mess .
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:57 AM   #657
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Bought on a sale.

I'm shocked this game has such glitchy 360 gamepad support, what a mess .
This is an fps. Why are you playing with a controller?
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2019, 03:14 PM   #658
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
This.

yoz
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:21 PM   #659
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Hey, the PC is all about options and choice.

If he wants to choose the wrong thing so be it.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 04:06 PM   #660
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Hey, the PC is all about options and choice.

If he wants to choose the wrong thing so be it.

yoz