Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 20, 2020, 09:18 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
It's always like that, with the exception of the current gen. Each generation the consoles are pretty powerful for what they are, but after 2 years they are already out of date (in comparison to medium-highend PC hardware).
I don't think this is like any other console generation. This is the first console generation that will be targeting very solid 60fps for most games, which has been mostly the cost-of-entry for PC gaming for the last 2 decades. 60fps is critical for running with m+k controls. At 30fps it's best to stick with thumbsticks... this will be the first generation that can even attempt to take over desktop gaming.

Sure, PCs will be alot more powerful in a couple years, but that matters less and less nowadays. With 4k graphics, ray tracing, high framerates, graphics will be driving straight into the diminishing-returns territory. Especially since most studios are targeting consoles anyway, I expect most upcoming games will run fine on console-level hardware for the duration of this generation.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2020, 03:15 AM   #32
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If not at the start, then after one year Most games will be 4k30fps and many eventually will be below 4K upscale by checkerboard rendering.

If anyone thinks developers are going to stick with 60fps when they can increase visuals by dropping FPS or resolution then they’ve been living under a rock for the past 3 generations.

Frame rate and resolution are always the first to drop, always have, always will.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2020, 04:02 AM   #33
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I've said it before, that I expect both xbox & playstation to make a play to take over PC gaming. This generation has the specs to run well with m+k controls. Even if each new console costs $600, I can buy both for about what I would spend on a new gaming PC.
Quite frankly I hope both PC and console markets make huge strides and keep gaming strong. If the game I'm playing looks great and runs great then I really don't care which platform I'm using.

I'm very much of the same mind as you though. If I can get that satisfying experience for less than the cost of a new video card alone, I'll take it.

I'd sure like to see that backwards compatibility though...
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 22, 2020, 12:09 AM   #34
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Quite frankly I hope both PC and console markets make huge strides and keep gaming strong. If the game I'm playing looks great and runs great then I really don't care which platform I'm using.

I'm very much of the same mind as you though. If I can get that satisfying experience for less than the cost of a new video card alone, I'll take it.

I'd sure like to see that backwards compatibility though...
For me it's both a matter of cost, but also a matter of simplicity. I just don't have time these days to tinker with my PC to get things to work right. There's been several times in the last few years that I set aside time to play a game, and end up tinkering with configs and such instead. I used to really enjoy the tinkering, but I just don't have time for it anymore.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:02 AM   #35
Jay20016
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I honestly don't think that the PS5's big new SSD tech is going to be all that game changing or even noticeable on something other than their exclusives. If it is cross platform game, I doubt that most developers are going to design for two separate systems vs. go with the lowest common denominator, which is still a HUGE increase over previous gen.

As for why the Xbox or PS5 over a PC for the majority of people, simplicity. Drivers, OS updates, and all sort of things can often break a game outright. Not to mention, I still game a lot on my Xbox simply because that is where my friends are. Sure, solo games are fun and all, but there is something to be said about getting 4 or 5 of your best friends and playing until 3am...

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2020, 03:53 PM   #36
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2020, 04:46 PM   #37
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
I honestly don't think that the PS5's big new SSD tech is going to be all that game changing or even noticeable on something other than their exclusives. If it is cross platform game, I doubt that most developers are going to design for two separate systems vs. go with the lowest common denominator, which is still a HUGE increase over previous gen.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 7, 2020, 04:51 PM   #38
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Neat-o. Honestly I keep waiting for console makers to say "no new controllers this time, as the previous ones were basically perfect." Honestly I think we've been getting diminishing returns on controllers since the PS3/xbox360 era.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 7, 2020, 05:10 PM   #39
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Neat-o. Honestly I keep waiting for console makers to say "no new controllers this time, as the previous ones were basically perfect." Honestly I think we've been getting diminishing returns on controllers since the PS3/xbox360 era.
I don’t agree with this, they keep adding stuff such as back side buttons and better feed back such as this new controller for the PS5, this is probably the biggest change I have seen from Sony on their controller looking at all their years past versions. I’m honestly surprised they don’t appear to have added buttons to the back at least natively.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2020, 07:23 PM   #40
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I don’t agree with this, they keep adding stuff such as back side buttons and better feed back such as this new controller for the PS5, this is probably the biggest change I have seen from Sony on their controller looking at all their years past versions. I’m honestly surprised they don’t appear to have added buttons to the back at least natively.
Agreed. I like how they keep moving forward. It doesn't need to be revolutionary, incremental steps are just fine.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:30 AM   #41
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

I think the controller looks ugly but everyone always has different tastes.

It does look more comfortable and I'm surprised that Sony, who isn't exactly known for being creative with their console names and controller iterations, gave their controller a new game (gasp) and a different shape.

I cannot stand the ergonomics of DualShock controllers and while this looks more comfortable there are a few things that I detest about it (new controller)

1) Built-in battery - sorry but rechargeable AA batteries will destroy this thing in terms on battery life, useable time and charge cycles, and convenience. I hear this has fast charging and that will just reduce the lifespan of the lithium batteries even more.

2) The Dpad and Left stick NEED TO BE SWAPPED. That style is just stupid
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:59 AM   #42
Jay20016
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
I think the controller looks ugly but everyone always has different tastes.

It does look more comfortable and I'm surprised that Sony, who isn't exactly known for being creative with their console names and controller iterations, gave their controller a new game (gasp) and a different shape.

I cannot stand the ergonomics of DualShock controllers and while this looks more comfortable there are a few things that I detest about it (new controller)

1) Built-in battery - sorry but rechargeable AA batteries will destroy this thing in terms on battery life, useable time and charge cycles, and convenience. I hear this has fast charging and that will just reduce the lifespan of the lithium batteries even more.

2) The Dpad and Left stick NEED TO BE SWAPPED. That style is just stupid

The XBox way is just sooooooooo much more comfortable in my hands because with the PS4 I'm always noticing how it keeps my wrists in an end range motion that limits my play time with it.

I really wish that MS would've added the paddle buttons to theirs because the Elite controller is probably the best one I've ever used.

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2020, 02:58 PM   #43
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2020, 05:01 PM   #44
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Agreed with everyone above, the PS4 controller ergonomics aren't great. I use the Xbox One gamepad for PC and it's fantastic. Well...as fantastic as aiming with a controller can be.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 06:42 AM   #45
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I have large hands and I find extended play sessions on the PS4 are painful. Looks like I’ll be waiting for a third-party controller with the PS5, won’t stop me from buying at launch.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2020, 02:05 PM   #46
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Show me what the system looks like.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2020, 02:53 PM   #47
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm surprised to see they're using the exact same looking analog sticks. The PS4 controller's analog sticks were pretty bad in that the rubber material could wear away and start to peel after a while. Unless they are using a stronger rubber material, hopefully. If not I will again need to buy aftermarket stick covers.

Other than that, its meh. Another new controller design. I'm sure it will be fine. All the current big name consoles' controller designs are very good. I think we are far past the days of a console releasing with a truly crap controller design (N64, Jaguar, original Xbox, etc).
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2020, 06:40 PM   #48
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

The N64 controller was awesome!

I mean, it seems silly now, but back then it was great. With the thousands of hours I probably put into my N64 back in the day, I don't think I ever complained about the controller.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 09:06 PM   #49
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

I mean, it seems silly now, but back then it was great. With the thousands of hours I probably put into my N64 back in the day, I don't think I ever complained about the controller.
yeah I guess for the time it was revolutionary. But using it today just sucks.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2020, 06:04 PM   #50
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Do you guys think there will be a PS5 Pro later down the line?
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2020, 11:51 PM   #51
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post

I just learned that you can buy rubber grips for the joycon sticks, and that they also happen to fit on the n64 sticks. That's sweet! I ordered this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old May 16, 2020, 07:02 PM   #52
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Seems more and more that it is not a day 1 pickup.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2020, 12:47 AM   #53
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Seems more and more that it is not a day 1 pickup.
Speak in strange riddles, you do.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2020, 09:15 AM   #54
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Lack of game announcements and past history tells me that this is not a console I want on release. Similar to PS4 with only Killzone as the app that I wanted.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2020, 11:49 AM   #55
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Lack of game announcements and past history tells me that this is not a console I want on release. Similar to PS4 with only Killzone as the app that I wanted.
There is still plenty of time to wait and see.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 09:02 AM   #56
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Quote:
If you don't currently own any PS4 games then yah, I can see that. This generation is different as it'll run the current gen games better right out of the gate so you have access to current games in 4k...this makes the software available at launch much more compelling.

Consoles (hardware wise) are at their best performance/dollar at launch..they are the closest to top end tech for a decent price and they don't drop significantly in rice for a long time after launch.

PC hardware, on the other hand, is at it's least performance/dollar at launch because it's at a huge price premium, better tech is always around the corner, and the price (usually) continues to drop after launch
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 11:55 AM   #57
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Is it backwards compatible with PS3 game disc
Old May 22, 2020, 12:49 PM   #58
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Not likely. All the more reason to keep your PS3

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2020, 05:27 PM   #59
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Is it backwards compatible with PS3 game disc
If bc support becomes a major success factor for xbox, Sony will release bc support for ps1 & 2. Rumor is that they've had PS2 emulation perfected since the PS3, but refuse to roll it out because they like to make you buy HD remakes.

I doubt the PS5 has the horsepower to emulate PS3 well. Maybe the PS6 will be able to?

Some games emulate okay if they don't use the SPUs too much, but those aren't really the games you want to play.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : May 22, 2020 at 05:40 PM.
Old May 23, 2020, 10:59 AM   #60
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Not likely. All the more reason to keep your PS3
I'm worried if mine goes tits up.
For some unknown reason I just haven't played many of the games I have for it and might want to in the future.

I have about 54 physical games (not including box sets) and some digital downloads.