Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:24 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Default Cheapest way to ship tires for eBay purposes

What's the best way to ship tires for eBay ? Trying to get rid of used summer tires.
Open to other suggestions.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:53 PM   #2
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
What's the best way to ship tires for eBay ? Trying to get rid of used summer tires.
Open to other suggestions.
I don't know about the cheapest...but for reference, I just took a set of wheels (no tires mounted) in to the local shipping place that will ship most carriers. The wheels were 17x7.5's and weighed 14.6lbs each. I had them each in a box, and they were $29ea to ship via FEDEX and $32ea to ship via UPS. This is going from Iowa to a random zip code I picked in Houston, TX. I just needed a ballpark cost to know how much to ask for them.

So, it would depend on how far they are going and what size the tires are. Honestly, it might not even be worth trying to sell/ship them. What tires do you have and much tread depth in 32nds is left?

Last edited by OverclockN' : Feb 15, 2017 at 09:31 AM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2017, 01:28 AM   #3
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I don't know about the cheapest...but for reference, I just took a set of wheels (no tires mounted) in to the local shipping place that will ship most carriers. The wheels were 17x7.5's and weighed 14.6lbs each. I had them each in a box, and they were $29ea to ship via UPS and $32ea to ship via UPS. This is going from Iowa to a random zip code I picked in Houston, TX. I just needed a ballpark cost to know how much to ask for them.

So, it would depend on how far they are going and what size the tires are. Honestly, it might not even be worth trying to sell/ship them. What tires do you have and much tread depth in 32nds is left?
7/32.
Continental ExtremeContact DW
225 40 18
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 15, 2017, 08:30 AM   #4
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

talking about tires, just stumbled across this. I'm actually at loss for words...

and if you think that's bad...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2017, 09:36 AM   #5
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
7/32.
Continental ExtremeContact DW
225 40 18
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes
They are 10/32nds new, so you have about 70% tread left on a 340 treadwear tire. Sounds like the have decent life left in them. I'd think they would cost about $100 to ship through FEDEX or UPS.

Hopefully some of the other guys may have better advice on a different carrier. Don't know how some of the folks out there do it so cheap.

Good luck with the sale.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 10:07 AM   #6
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

You could look at some local freight carriers. Those will be cheaper but they won't deliver to residence. The person would have to go to a freight pickup spot to get their shipment. I've had engines and transmissions shipped this way.

In short, if you need to get directly to a door, UPS and FEDEX Ground are going to be your main two options.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote