Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Aug 6, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Default Best way to stress test Tahiti?

Well, I'm still new to these cards. I've been wondering what is the fastest and easiest way to stress test a 7950 or 7970. So far it seems like Crysis is the way to go. It honestly seems to either show artifacts or crash the display driver faster than Kombustor with an unstable oc. Are there any apps that I can just walk away that work well? Sort of like with how Heaven works with Kepler?

Are there any games that stress the card more reliably or should I just stick with Crysis?
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2012, 07:02 PM   #2
Ninbri64
Radeon R200

Ninbri64 is still being judged by the masses

I've actually crashed my 7970's while overclocking with the heaven benchmark and have gotten artifacts. I'd say Heaven or tessmark to really push them
Ninbri64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Malachi1313
Rage3D Veteran

Malachi1313 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninbri64 View Post
I've actually crashed my 7970's while overclocking with the heaven benchmark and have gotten artifacts. I'd say Heaven or tessmark to really push them
Yes. Try running furmark in the background at the same time(Windowed). Guaranteed to break a card in or break it...
Malachi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:47 PM   #4
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

3DMark11 Extreme loops.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just run Firestrike in a loop. However you can do the same with Valley or Heaven.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2013, 04:22 PM   #6
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Why?

I use threadresurrector 2013 to stress them.

Last edited by Mangler : Oct 26, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote