Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 3, 2011, 08:45 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Default Borderlands 2

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nds-2-official

2K Games has announced Borderlands 2, due out on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 during the publisher's next fiscal year, which begins on 1st April 2012.

It features new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment and new, unexplored areas of Pandora.

"Combining invention and evolution, Borderlands 2 features all new characters, skills, environments, enemies, weapons and equipment, which come together in an ambitiously crafted story," reads the official blurb.

"Players will reveal secrets, and escalate mysteries of the Borderlands universe as they adventure across the unexplored new areas of Pandora."

The game will be unveiled at German show Gamescom this month
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:40 AM   #2
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I enjoyed the 1st one, so I'm game.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:07 AM   #3
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Bargain bin purchase locked down.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Bargain bin purchase locked down.
Lol yeah. Borderlands GOTY for 7 jizzpellets of the $ variety was a nice surprise. Playing as we speak.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:21 AM   #6
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

I'll buy it but wait for the GOTY or gold edition since I don't wanna get ripped off buying the expansions like with the first game.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:28 AM   #7
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
I'll buy it but wait for the GOTY or gold edition since I don't wanna get ripped off buying the expansions like with the first game.

Me too.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:47 AM   #8
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

I hope they make a better net code for this one

Me and my friends could never play multiplayer. There was always someone lagging bad.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:29 PM   #9
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Bleh, just don't like the graphic style of this game AT ALL.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:32 PM   #10
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I didn't like the graphic style of the game either at first - disabling the outline shader helped for me. I must admit the game grew on me. I loved the humor in it and it was a fun mindless shooter that worked great with 3D Vision.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 12:40 PM   #11
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I hope they make a better net code for this one

Me and my friends could never play multiplayer. There was always someone lagging bad.
ditching gamespy for multiplayer would be a good idea as well.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:01 PM   #12
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
ditching gamespy for multiplayer would be a good idea as well.
This is entirely speculation, but the fact that they added Steam achievements to the original, and from what I can tell, have a pretty consistent number of players over Steam, maybe they'll go with Steamworks implementation for Borderlands 2?
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:08 PM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

You know what I like? People waiting for DLC to be shipped in a GOTY. I wish it knocks over their sales so much so this DLC crap dies for good.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:10 PM   #14
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
This is entirely speculation, but the fact that they added Steam achievements to the original, and from what I can tell, have a pretty consistent number of players over Steam, maybe they'll go with Steamworks implementation for Borderlands 2?
randy pitchford from gearbox has a habit of trash talking about steam so i wouldn't hold my breath
Old Aug 3, 2011, 01:55 PM   #15
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Any word on if my leveled characters can be ported over to Borderlands 2? Or if it will be a completely new adventure?

I thought that when you rescued Tannis in the original game, the entire story of Pandora was explained on the wall of her cell, what could they possibly add?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 02:22 PM   #16
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
randy pitchford from gearbox has a habit of trash talking about steam so i wouldn't hold my breath
True, though he hasn't said anything for a while ... maybe he saw the $$ and decided to reconsider?

I'm willing to bet that not only did Borderlands sell surprisingly well on Steam, but each of their DLCs probably did very well also.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 04:02 PM   #17
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Borderlands is one of the very few games that I enjoyed all the way through and wanted more after I was done. Of course I played through the whole campaign co-op, Id imagine if you were playing alone this game might be bad.

I will definitely be getting this game on day 1 for sure as well. All they have to do is keep the same formula they had for the first game with new areas and weapons and it will be a winner in my book.

As for the art style, I like it. I think it fits the game rather nicely.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 04:17 PM   #18
kn00tcn
zero-zero

kn00tcn is still being judged by the masses

& 2k has a habit of making things steam exclusive since mafia2
OpenGL startup crash fix #1 / fix #2 (for < radeon 6000 cards?)
better crossfire for Section8 Prejudice, Hydrophobia, UDK
kn00tcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:07 PM   #19
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I never finished cuz I couldn't get anyone to play with.
Do like the game though, but I would personally like to see the RPG elements expanded on.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:15 PM   #20
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I loved Borderlands, I put quite a few hours into that game. I can't wait to see what they do with the sequel.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:21 PM   #21
Mystik
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mystik is still being judged by the masses

i didn't mind the art style, but disabling the shader really made the game
pop out for me -- it just looked much, much better in my eyes.

unfortunately, i only had one other friend who liked the game and with
conflicting work schedules, it was hard to get a game going.

but we managed to put in way too much time into it.

loved the humour and the gameplay.

i, too, was also left wanting more after the last dlc.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:26 PM   #22
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ya, the outline thing looked like ass.
Fix that and the FOV and good to go.
and the bloom, and depth of field..
Old Aug 3, 2011, 09:32 PM   #23
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Borderlands is one of the very few games that I enjoyed all the way through and wanted more after I was done. Of course I played through the whole campaign co-op, Id imagine if you were playing alone this game might be bad.
Co-op is definitely where this game is at. SP I can't even imagine playing it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 01:56 AM   #24
gramboh
Casual gamer

gramboh is still being judged by the masses

Played 32 hours co-op but never finished it, we had a group of 4 but 1 of the guys quit and the other 2 got way ahead of me, didn't find SP fun at all. Will give this a shot for sure though.
1x Seagate 7200.11 1TB SATA2 + 1x Hitatchi 5K3000 3TB SATA3 (plus another two of same for offline eSATA backup)
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer w/ Klipsch Promedia 4.1 and Sennheiser HD570
Antec P182B - Corsair 520HX PSU

Windows 7 Professional x64
3DMark Vantage: 22045 / 3DMark11: 4314

Netbook: Asus 1015PN (Atom 1.5GHz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB HDD, NVidia ION2, 10in LCD, Windows 7 Starter)
Now Playing - Battlefield 3, Super Meat Boy, The Witcher 2, SHIFT 2 Unleashed, Jamestown, DOTA 2, Team Fortress 2
gramboh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:22 AM   #25
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Single player was interesting, but then the weapon grinding appeals to my vague ocd. Co-op seemed a bit unworkable to me considering the size of the game.
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 06:01 AM   #26
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Bleh, just don't like the graphic style of this game AT ALL.
I didn't think I would either which is why I ignored it until the $7 steam deal. However, the gameplay was so good I completely forgot how it looked when I got so immersed into it. It just felt like a damn good game.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 07:22 AM   #27
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

well, i must be the only one here who played through the whole game as single-player and AFTER that started playing multis ^^ As for the style, well, depends i guess, i liked it - but most of the players i know didn't.

Definately looking forward to part 2.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 09:14 AM   #28
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
well, i must be the only one here who played through the whole game as single-player and AFTER that started playing multis ^^ As for the style, well, depends i guess, i liked it - but most of the players i know didn't.

Definately looking forward to part 2.
Not the only one. I played over 120 hours of this game (according to Steam) and I would say only 10-20 of those we co-op. I levelled one character through all three difficulties and through all DLC, and have a second character (exclusively multiplayer) who is through the game once and finished at least one DLC. I still sometimes start this game up again to play around - it really is one of my all-time favourite games.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 11:32 AM   #29
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Borderlands is great fun for me, and this is coming from somebody that rarely plays FPS games. I liked it's humor, art style, constantly new loot gun drops, and over the top violence. The General Knoxx expansion was HILARIOUS, especially when you get to the criminal hideout and encounter the flaming gay leader .

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2011, 03:44 PM   #30
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Instant buy for me. I've put 200 hrs into the first one. I love this game.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote