Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

View Poll Results: I'd recommend to you sir:
Left 4 Dead 2 19 54.29%
Borderlands 16 45.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

Default L4d 2 or Borderlands?

which game is better & more fun for online ?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

My vote is for borderlands. This assumes you have friends and are willing to play it consistently.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:47 AM   #3
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

It depends on what you want. Left for Dead (uncut) is more visceral and (fast) action packed, where as Borderlands is a much slower (though not slow) paced game and is more like grabbing a bunch of friends and going out hunting (for loot).
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:03 PM   #4
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

for borderlands its essential to have friends, for l4d 2 not so much.

both will eat up your free time like gabe burgers so consider yourself warned.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 01:43 PM   #5
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Borderlands I would say, the game is fun to play with 2, 3 and 4 friends so you don't constantly have to wait for people to be online, the only problem with it is you get addicted to leveling up and finding higher level items but after half way into the second play through you reach the level cap and at that moment it loses all attraction.

As for L4D2 it suffers the same problems as 1 as soon as you and your 3 friends start kicking ass the other team rage quits so unless you have 8 friends who are willing to stay its really hard to get a full game finished.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 03:18 PM   #6
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

L4D2 no doubt about it. The game is amazing.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 05:54 PM   #7
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Borderlands is far more worth your money. It's a brand new experience and really unique. L4D2 is a L4D mod.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 05:56 PM   #8
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Borderlands for the short sweetness, or L4D2 for longevity.

I voted l4d2, to get your moneys worth. Or you can get borderlands keyboard drivers and buy l4d2. win win?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 06:19 PM   #9
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

if you can't decide.. Get both. Problem solved.

I'd say Borderland for a better game. But I haven't tried it yet.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 09:29 PM   #10
-n7-
Radeon Arctic Islands

-n7- is still being judged by the masses

Borderlands is a lotta fun if you're playing with friends (especially in a LAN IMO).

For pure money's worth though, i'd say L4D2 unless you didn't like the first one.

Better answer, why not both?

n7

n7
-n7- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:00 PM   #11
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Should have made it a public poll, just because it would be interesting to see what various people prefer. I'd say overall L4D2 is a better game. Borderlands may have more content, but L4D2 has more replay value. I personally think L4D2 is more challenging and fun to play. However, BL is pretty good too, despite having some flaws.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:02 PM   #12
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

L4D2 is more fun than Borderlands, but Borderlands is great with friends too.

I vote for both.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:06 PM   #13
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

L4D2. it has pvp
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:20 PM   #14
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
L4D2. it has pvp
technically so does Borderlands

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:41 PM   #15
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
technically so does Borderlands
you're referring to dueling?
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:42 PM   #16
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
you're referring to dueling?
and arena

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"