Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury and Rage MAXX.

Old Mar 28, 2000, 10:27 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
greenreaper

greenreaper is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy

I'm having trouble with the latest version of your drivers - just a cosmetic problem, but it affects my frag rate, so it's serious indeed . . .

The problem is, when I start Quake 3, everything works fine. Except that the pointer is visible, and because of this, every time I move the mouse, a little section of the screen flashes green with the cursor. It's as if the game or the drivers haven't hidden it, so it's painting the cursor and area around it onto the screen as normal (which it shouldn't be). Everything else seems fine - except that I installed (over the recommended previous drivers) using the device properties panel, as the install program crashed due to a conflict with WindowBlinds; I'm fairly sure this has nothing to do with it (the install with "update driver" should be the same, right?), but if you think so I will reinstall without it running.

Any ideas?
greenreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2000, 11:29 PM   #2
Budd

I had this problem too using his drivers. The solution is going to www.glsetup.com and get their drivers. OpenGL rocks with them.
Old Mar 29, 2000, 05:13 PM   #3
RAGE LT MAN
The guy sent to get ya...

RAGE LT MAN is still being judged by the masses

Reaper, i get the same thing. its the OpenGL ICD that i used, i need to find a new, better one. which brings me to my next topic:
Budd, can you send me the open GL icd from the drivers you wrote about. GLsetup doesnt work on my system, my home network does allow it to work for some reason. The ICD is either ATOGLRP9.DLL, or something like ATIO9XA(letter goes here).dll If possible, send me the version in your windows/system dir, as well as the installation file from your driver install dir. If its really that good, maybe i can use it in the patch for my finals.

[This message has been edited by RAGE LT MAN (edited 03-29-2000).]
RAGE LT MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 29, 2000, 09:10 PM   #4
Budd

Ok man. I can do that. Will get it to you. Hell, I have a lot of drivers, and I know that the Millennium drivers work for Windows 98. Also, DirectX7.1 aint that bad.
Old Mar 29, 2000, 09:57 PM   #5
greenreaper

greenreaper is still being judged by the masses

I _thought_ I was getting 35 FPS a while back (32 now)! O well, I'll watch these boards for the next post :-)

Good work with the drivers though - that's the only problem I've had with yours (except that I had to manually disable the task bar icon); a better record than some ATI drivers (eg crashes every few hours . . .)
greenreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2000, 11:31 PM   #6
RAGE LT MAN
The guy sent to get ya...

RAGE LT MAN is still being judged by the masses

thanks green, i appreciate it.Oh, and i think i know what the prob with the d3d-opengl thin was. thats one thing that i've checked off for my patch to dolist, it works now. i'm also really close the making the driver completely independent of the j5.11s. lastly, i'm gonna start work on the card compatibility issue. but i havent yet, not in full anyways. As i said before, i'd appreciate it id some1 were to rip vid info potions of an inf and send em to me. tell me if ud like to do that plz.
Budd... where do i get millenium? or its drivers? is it out already?
RAGE LT MAN is offline   Reply With Quote