Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and technical support forum for legacy ATI technology such as Rage, Rage Fury and Rage MAXX.

Old May 24, 2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jukyguide

Jukyguide is still being judged by the masses

ATI Technologies Please help with ATI RAGE PRO AGP 2X

Dear Brothers,

I have a Dell OptiPlex GX1 with integrated ATI Rage Pro (AGP 2X) graphics 4 MB SGRAM. Please see link below for more specifications:

http://support.dell.com/support/edoc..._gx1/specs.htm

I recently updated to Windows XP sp3 and bought a Samsung LCD with high resolution wide screen.

Windows XP automatically installed the driver for my card with version 5.1, with max resolution only 1024 x 768, and it looks very bad.

I've been searching for a new driver but I cannot find it . Is there any way I can get my card to higher resolution and wide screen?

Thank you very much . I desperately need it.
Jukyguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Sorry but I can't help you with this.
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2011, 12:30 AM   #3
Ichneumon
Lord of the Flies

Ichneumon is still being judged by the masses

I will do some digging tomorrow... I have an enormous collection of drivers going back to the rage pro days. I'm not sure I have one that will work for you, but i'll sift through some of the older stuff and see if I can't post a few for you to at least try.

In the mean time, you could try and switch from 32bit to 16bit color and see if that allows you to increase the resolution. 4mb is not a huge amount even for just 2D display...

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. "
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Ichneumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 27, 2011, 11:14 AM   #4
Ichneumon
Lord of the Flies

I'm not home yet, but I came across this page which may solve your problem.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...legacy-xp.aspx

It is the legacy driver download page from AMD...

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. "
Old May 29, 2011, 09:02 PM   #5
Jukyguide

Jukyguide is still being judged by the masses

Hi Ichneumon,

Thank you very much for your support. I downloaded the driver (5.10.2600.6010) for from your link. After installing, it recognized my card as Rage Pro Turbo (actually, mine is not Turbo), but nothing changed.

I tried to switch to 24 bit and nothing changed too.

Hope to try the file from your stock, Ichneumon.

Thank you again.
Jukyguide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 10:21 PM   #6
Ichneumon
Lord of the Flies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukyguide View Post
Hi Ichneumon,

Thank you very much for your support. I downloaded the driver (5.10.2600.6010) for from your link. After installing, it recognized my card as Rage Pro Turbo (actually, mine is not Turbo), but nothing changed.

I tried to switch to 24 bit and nothing changed too.

Hope to try the file from your stock, Ichneumon.

Thank you again.
I'm traveling for work this week. I didn't immediately see what I thought would be a better driver than the one you got from the link in my previous post from my driver archive when I looked this weekend. However, I will look some more when I return home.

Does your resolution options increase if you switch to 16bit color from 32 or 24 bit?

Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:54 AM   #7
Ichneumon
Lord of the Flies

I went through my driver archive going back to about 2002... I don't have what I thought with a clean set of rage pro drivers, just lots of iterations and betas from the early Radeon card days.

I'm certain I have the CD from my original cards from way back then, but finding that will be an interesting archeological expedition. If I can turn it up I'll post back here. Otherwise you may be out of luck.