Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:57 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Hello Moto Flip-phone

The new Motorola Razr 2019 officially released.
  • Foldable display.
  • No crease.
  • 2.7" outer dispaly, too.
  • [Gulp] $1.5K pricetag.
  • Means I won't be getting one, dang it.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 07:05 AM   #2
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Price is just TOO much.

It is also pretty darn huge and thick compared to previous flip phones.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:10 AM   #3
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

$1500!? Neat, but hard pass.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 14, 2019, 09:48 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
$1500!? Neat, but hard pass.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 09:54 AM   #5
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I hade an OG razr

1500 is cheap considering samsungs fold is 2k. I wonder how many people will go for this. I think its a nice compromise for size.

Edit: Just read the specs, they should have at least gotten an Snapdragon 855 in the thing for that price. I still see the appeal though. I am afraid Moto have waited too long to bring this out cause a whole generation of kids have no clue what the OG Razr is. This wont sell that many.

Last edited by logical : Nov 14, 2019 at 10:33 AM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:53 AM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

I think this is a really cool phone, but man the price is bonkers and a 2510mAh battery...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Price is just TOO much.

It is also pretty darn huge and thick compared to previous flip phones.
It's actually almost the same dimensions as the Moto Razer V3 according to ArsTechnica (https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...splay-crease/). Just doesn't have the same tapers etc.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited by Trunks0 : Nov 14, 2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: 2510 not 2000mAh
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2019, 01:23 PM   #7
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ya, given that small battery is is best they did not put in a 855 CPU. Have to consider the battery life at that point as well as performance. The 710 is a good compromise on a phone with this ones goal.

https://news.yahoo.com/2019-11-13-mo...view-2019.html

I like the Engadget write up as well. Still not for me, I like my 400 dollar Razor2 gaming phone.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 04:18 PM   #8
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I am afraid Moto have waited too long to bring this out cause a whole generation of kids have no clue what the OG Razr is. This wont sell that many.
Most kids aren't buying a 1.5K phone anyway

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 04:32 PM   #9
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

2000 for a Samsung crack

or 1500 for a Moto crack

both to be screen beta testers

pass
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 05:52 PM   #10
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by koralis View Post
Most kids aren't buying a 1.5K phone anyway
Youd be surprised how many kids have iPhone 11 pros.

Old Nov 15, 2019, 07:32 PM   #11
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Youd be surprised how many kids have iPhone 11 pros.
bought by dad

unless they deal drugs

Last edited by bill dennison : Nov 15, 2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 09:48 PM   #12
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
bought by dad

unless they deal drugs
Always, but usually bought on 2yr contracts to draw out the cost. Few people buy them outright, which is it's own problem for pricing.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:42 PM   #13
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Not sure how many countries do this today, but in the US people can lease phones like they do cars so they don't have to pay the full amount.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2019, 03:12 AM   #14
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Always, but usually bought on 2yr contracts to draw out the cost. Few people buy them outright, which is it's own problem for pricing.
I did on my 11 256gb with applecare it almost as bad as the 2080 ti
I miss the free phone with a 2 year contract

but can't stand jacking the monthly bill

and didn't want to be locked to anyone with 5g coming next year
Old Nov 16, 2019, 09:23 AM   #15
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I miss the free phone with a 2 year contract
Those still exist, just not with top tier phones.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2019, 01:14 PM   #16
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
bought by dad

unless they deal drugs
Companies don't care how the phone was bought just that they sold one

Old Nov 16, 2019, 01:34 PM   #17
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Those still exist, just not with top tier phones.
who needs it on a burner
Old Nov 18, 2019, 09:51 PM   #18
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

At 1500 bucks they can eat my dick, just like Megaman’s mum last night. Minus the 1500 bucks.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 02:54 PM   #19
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
At 1500 bucks they can eat my dick, just like Megaman’s mum last night. Minus the 1500 bucks.
Cheap whores are your thing huh?
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2019, 04:17 PM   #20
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah the price is kinda ridiculous but I get it considering the folding screen. Much better design having the screen curve instead of fold as it does on the Samsung variant. I think we'll see that in future designs to correct that crease issue.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote