Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 16, 2020, 04:48 PM   #571
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

NBD. It'll be worth the wait.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 05:25 PM   #572
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Oh come on, you guys knew this was going to be the case!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 05:28 PM   #573
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

I'm expecting another delay after this one, like what they did with Witcher 3.

Probably will be a First Half 2021 game
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 16, 2020, 07:16 PM   #574
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Perfect. The new Nvidia cards should launch around the same time, probably even having Cyberpunk keys.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 07:30 PM   #575
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Perfect. The new Nvidia cards should launch around the same time, probably even having Cyberpunk keys.
Likely.

yoz
Old Jan 16, 2020, 07:33 PM   #576
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Likely.
the question is will we get both the 3080 and the 3080 ti

or will they go back to putting out the 3080, 3070 & 3060 first and then the 3080 ti 6 to 9 months later
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 07:35 PM   #577
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

or will they go back to putting out the 3080, 3070 & 3060 first and then the 3080 ti 6 to 9 months later
I think we may get the 3080TI at the same time if AMD actually has a card that competes against the 3080. The TI will be low stock/supply, but it'll be on the market. I'm really hoping that AMD card that showed up in a benchmark beating the 2080TI is a gaming card and not a workstation/specialty product.

I can't wait to go full custom loop with a fat 3080TI cranking at 2100Mhz
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 07:43 PM   #578
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I think we may get the 3080TI at the same time if AMD actually has a card that competes against the 3080. The TI will be low stock/supply, but it'll be on the market. I'm really hoping that AMD card that showed up in a benchmark beating the 2080TI is a gaming card and not a workstation/specialty product.

I can't wait to go full custom loop with a fat 3080TI cranking at 2100Mhz
I hope
as i'm not buying any more non ti's after my gtx 980's
Old Jan 16, 2020, 07:44 PM   #579
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Oh yeah. Never buying a non TI again lol. It helps that having the TI means the non-TI is typically not an upgrade.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 16, 2020, 08:34 PM   #580
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:

That is the question!

yoz
Old Jan 16, 2020, 09:01 PM   #581
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

i'm still waiting for a big navi tho.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 09:30 PM   #582
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
i'm still waiting for a big navi tho.
if it is faster than my 2080 ti strix at 4k I'll get one also
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:27 PM   #583
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Oh yeah. Never buying a non TI again lol. It helps that having the TI means the non-TI is typically not an upgrade.
If you skip a gen, you could buy a non Ti. That's the thing with Ti's.. you can't really get a next gen non Ti as it'd be a side step until you skip a gen or two. You're locked in!

IF AMD release a GPU that's just slightly faster than the 2080 Super, it'll force NV to get something out.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:18 PM   #584
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
If you skip a gen, you could buy a non Ti. That's the thing with Ti's.. you can't really get a next gen non Ti as it'd be a side step until you skip a gen or two. You're locked in!

IF AMD release a GPU that's just slightly faster than the 2080 Super, it'll force NV to get something out.
if big navi is not 10% to 20% faster than a 2080 ti NV won't do squat they will just ignore it

NV prices and release dates will not change unless it it that fast

and I don't think big navi will beat a 2080 it
big navi is just a stop gap card

AMD needs to beat NV to a MCM GPU gaming card next year

……….

and even if I skip the 3080 ti will have to see how 2077 runs on my 2080 ti first if ok at 4k I might

but I would still buy the next 4080 ti card
the non ti's never have the memory for 4k

only thing the non ti were good for was a cheaper SLI setup and end up faster than a single ti card
but with SLI dead …………….

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 16, 2020 at 11:29 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 12:41 AM   #585
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2020, 09:09 AM   #586
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Reading that article, I think Cyberpunk is gonna feel/play more like Watch Dogs 2 than Witcher 3. Hacking and remote spiderbots? Run over pedestrians in your vehicle like GTA? Did i mention hacking? Gimme more of that WD style. I like it.

I was thinking before it was gonna feel like a Witcher game set in a futuristic era.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 11:19 AM   #587
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm perfectly OK with the delay. April was looking like a crazy gaming month for me with the release of Death Stranding and Resident Evil 3 as well. Three big games at once that I was definitely buying day 1. This delay eases that money and time constraint for me a bit.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2020, 02:03 PM   #588
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Letting a game bake more until it's done in the middle with a nice toasty crust on the outside is always a good thing, IMO.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2020, 02:13 PM   #589
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Oh come on, you guys knew this was going to be the case!

I didn't... now I'm ticked that it's probably rescheduled to coincide with Bloodlines 2 rescheduled date... I was breathing a sigh of relief that I'd get to finish one before the other showed up. Damn it!

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2020, 02:17 PM   #590
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Reading that article, I think Cyberpunk is gonna feel/play more like Watch Dogs 2 than Witcher 3. Hacking and remote spiderbots? Run over pedestrians in your vehicle like GTA? Did i mention hacking? Gimme more of that WD style. I like it.

I was thinking before it was gonna feel like a Witcher game set in a futuristic era.
That'd be cool as long as they don't use the damned WatchDogs/GTA/RDR savepoint bullshit.

I was enjoying watchdogs till I took an activity that I couldn't finish, wasn't enjoying, and couldn't easily just choose to avoid it. If they stick with The Witcher scheme for that I'll be happy.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2020, 02:34 PM   #591
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Letting a game bake more until it's done in the middle with a nice toasty crust on the outside is always a good thing, IMO.
it's just so NVidia has more than enough time to make 100% sure no one can play the game on anything but a 3080 at 1080p/1440p and a $ 1499.99 3080 ti at 4k
Old Jan 17, 2020, 03:18 PM   #592
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
it's just so NVidia has more than enough time to make 100% sure no one can play the game on anything but a 3080 at 1080p/1440p and a $ 1499.99 3080 ti at 4k
Oh God, please no. Mucho dinero!

yoz
Old Jan 17, 2020, 03:50 PM   #593
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Oh God, please no. Mucho dinero!
well AMD may or may not beat the 2080 ti with big navi but doubt it will be by much if they do

so it may beat the 2080 ti and be slower than the 3080 non ti

so again there will be no brakes on NVidia pricing go kart

and then NV going to Samsung's 7nm may cost more or have low yields or both

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 17, 2020 at 04:05 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 05:05 PM   #594
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Oh I know...they're fully done with the game now, just need another 8 months to add RTX.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2020, 05:34 PM   #595
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Oh I know...they're fully done with the game now, just need another 8 months to add RTX.
don't forget DLSS take months

I try to
Old Jan 17, 2020, 07:32 PM   #596
Nunz
RIP Roxen

i swear if i find out they delayed this game for garbage dlss i'll be pissed
Old Jan 17, 2020, 07:54 PM   #597
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ah someone's post above made me wondering, will we be able to play this game like GTA?

I doubt it, especially if this is an rpg first rather than action game first... It would also very dependant on how they do the crowd system first, GTA has always used nameless rng generated crowd npc... Rpg usually do not do that, and seeing the ambition from cdpr about how densely realistic the city they want to build, I doubt player would have the ability to mow down citizens with vehicles and empty the city, unless of course they would get respawned... But that would ruin the rpg and the immersive sim immersion value from the game.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 01:13 AM   #598
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Does this mean I have to keep the 1080 Ti then? Dafuq.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2020, 01:19 AM   #599
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Does this mean I have to keep the 1080 Ti then? Dafuq.
yes forever

as everyone is charging online sales tax now

even ebay on used stuff
Old Jan 18, 2020, 01:59 AM   #600
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not purchasing a 2080 Ti seems like a bad decision now but tbh not a single game out that I didn’t enjoy on my card. I think for 4K I might have indulged but at 1440P I am doing pretty good.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote