Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Feb 21, 2019, 09:23 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Default Weird setings issue: Freesync.

Hey guys, I am trying here because AMD seems flogged right now:
After installing and configuring my new monitor, when I mouse over freesync
in Radeon settings, I see freesync monitor that is capable of 1%hz to 2%hz.

Obviously, Adrenalin does not read the specs correctly. How can I verify where settings is getting this figure?
Can I force feed in monitor INF file to settings to it knows the parameters of the monitor?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2019, 09:58 AM   #2
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:31 AM   #3
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Go download the monitor drivers from the manufacture. Plug and play does not always work, no matter the monitor brand.

You could also have a faulty monitor sending faulty info. Also make sure windows is set properly for the refresh rate of the monitor, as it can cause issues with wattman and games if not set correctly. Windows tends to be the issue more than wattman when it comes to misreading monitor parimaters because it likes to load default plug and play drivers. Has nothing to do with AMD or wattman in most cases.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Feb 21, 2019 at 11:38 AM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:32 PM   #4
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

So Windows sees the monitor correctly and set it at 75Hz which is correct.
Curiously, the issue I describe was there before I installed the monitor in Windows.
As if Radeon Settings had it's own inf file...

After I installed the drivers, I went from a generic monitor to the actual S27H850,
but Radeon settings did not change.

I no longer have a picture site to attach images unfortunately.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 05:13 PM   #5
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
So Windows sees the monitor correctly and set it at 75Hz which is correct.
Curiously, the issue I describe was there before I installed the monitor in Windows.
As if Radeon Settings had it's own inf file...

After I installed the drivers, I went from a generic monitor to the actual S27H850,
but Radeon settings did not change.

I no longer have a picture site to attach images unfortunately.
Re-install the radeon drivers now that you have the correct monitor installed in windows (you may need to do a clean install of them). As far as i know AMD does not have it's own library for monitor drivers and detects the connected monitors on install and uses what driver windows uses for the monitor. Which it sounds like it was reconized as a generic monitor when the gpu drivers where installed. I am not sure if there is a way to redetect the monitor without reinstalling the gpu drivers. If so, it would be somewhere under the display tab in radeon control panel.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2019, 02:24 PM   #6
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

Good point, will try that.