Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:12 PM   #4051
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
and G3, the G3 is the last unlock and it's not that good at all, .
Im so disappointed with the G3, it was my fav weapon in BC2

Quote:
did anyone find a way to rebind the spot command from q and have it work? it seems when i rebind it and press the key the communication rose comes up but it does not spot, and pressing the q key still works event tho it's not bund to q anymore.
I rebound the key and it works, arent you meant to hold the key for slightly longer to spot and not just tap it like BC2?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:25 PM   #4052
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
I couldn't care less about camo. Default is perfectly fine.
I'd be the one dumbass that forgets it and ends up walking around a desert in green.
Camos are useless when everyone shows up bright orange when you aim anyway.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:30 PM   #4053
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicH(SAD) View Post
Camos are useless when everyone shows up bright orange when you aim anyway.
Never said they weren't. Just want to my settings to stick, damnit.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:42 PM   #4054
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Im so disappointed with the G3, it was my fav weapon in BC2

I rebound the key and it works, arent you meant to hold the key for slightly longer to spot and not just tap it like BC2?
no for me when I hold it it brings up the communication rose, when you just tap it fast it spots (that's when i leave it bound to q, as soon as I rebind it to use a different button, the tap doesn't work and it never spots anything when you hold it, it just brings up the communication rose.

and yea I'm pretty dissapointed in the G3, I'm forcing myself to use it because it's my favorite gun, but when I switch to a different weapon 1ce in a while I consistently get way more kills, I spent most of saturday grinding co-op to unlock it and couldn't wait to try it in MP and pwn entire n00b squads with it, but it just seems when trying to play agressive cqc with it, any thumb missing n00b can kill me with the default gun and a flashlight. The way it is balanced now is broken, it's like any other gun damage wise it seems, event tho it uses 7.62mm, not really any better on accuracy (I couldn't tell) but it's definitely not accurate at range, and ontop of that rpm is very low. Seems like this game favors spray and pray fast rpm guns over precise aiming (HS). I just can't believe the amount of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off with their fast shooting weapons holding down the trigger the entire time getting insane amount of kills. not to mention the annoying tactical light that's brighter then the sun and can blind the entire squad even tho it's not being aimed at anyones face. **** I'm more of a tactical type player that moves around cautiously and gets headshots, but this game had to go and arcade it up to cater more to the arcade "run and gun" type of player, the game kind of has a bit of COD flavor in it...IMO...
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:46 PM   #4055
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Ok well I rebound the key straight away I've never even attempted to use Q LoL. I've been holding for 1 second or whatever it is and when the como rose appears the target lights up. The are definetly my targets because I knifed a guy and lit him up to see who it was first lol.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:47 PM   #4056
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Wtf is up with the people playing support, they don't drop any ammo boxes1!?!
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:49 PM   #4057
demo
space cadet

I know wtf, I have to use the extra ammo perk instead of something more usefull.. I miss my ammo box as assault
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:50 PM   #4058
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Um uhhhh.... hardly anyone asks for it and most of the time when I drop some, the dude just runs away for some strange reason
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:51 PM   #4059
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

they changed ammo boxes from assault to support, and i'm sure people are still getting used to it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:52 PM   #4060
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

It seems like I'm always crapping out ammo boxes.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:54 PM   #4061
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Support Class gets C4

Don't you get that grenade launcher that could replace the medpack? I know it doesn't pack the punch of C4 but it explodes and stuff!

5870 1GB and PII 955BE, everything on Ultra, AA at x2 while post AA is at max, 1920x1200, Vsync on since I hate tearing, default CCC settings which allow me to mostly above 30 FPS with most intense scenes at a bit above 20 FPS. I am cool with this and perform very well.
30 and 20 fps? No no no. I couldn't stand that, I am kind of hitting the 50's and 60's with my setup.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:54 PM   #4062
H001iGAN
Orzysz

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
I know wtf, I have to use the extra ammo perk instead of something more usefull.. I miss my ammo box as assault
yea and C4 for all kit g3 for when everyone on your team doesn't give a crap that 3 tanks are just standing there shooting the objectives.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 01:54 PM   #4063
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
they changed ammo boxes from assault to support, and i'm sure people are still getting used to it.
True, but last night was ridiculous, I had to kill a support guy from the other team, take his kit, throw myself a box...

And yes, I did ask the support players on my own team for ammo.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:00 PM   #4064
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

The game is incredibly good for a 1.0 release but they've really got a long way to go.

Fixes I'd like to see for Assault class:

AN-94 needs to fire much faster and its double shot needs to be almost instant. It's currently the last weapon to unlock and one of the most useless weapons in game.

More guns! Where is the AUG? L85A2? Type95? SCAR? G36? ACR?

That's it really. They just need to balance out the SCAR-H and G36C, I find those guns a bit ridiculous, they make Engineer class an anti-tank assault class.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:01 PM   #4065
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post

More guns! Where is the AUG? L85A2? Type95? SCAR? G36? ACR?
In back to karkand, no joke.

And the engineer has the scar-h and g36c.

Last edited by Mangler : Oct 31, 2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:01 PM   #4066
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Heh, Support's not my main class, but I do wear my Resupply Dog Tag proudly on all classes

Also, P.S. Origin - I know you're still freaking running when minimized... stop telling me!!! (Just loaded it up while typing this out and got ticked off)...
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:03 PM   #4067
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
True, but last night was ridiculous, I had to kill a support guy from the other team, take his kit, throw myself a box...

Yeah support people need to drop ammo boxes way more. They need to give more incentive to drop ammo boxes.

I'm ALWAYS out of bullets and it gets annoying, because I have to use ammo instead of sprint just because I tend to run out of bullets a lot now.

I think it's basically that *they* don't need it themselves, and a lot of people like to heal themselves and the medic kit is just a side bonus for the rest of the team.

Also, they need to make dropping healing and ammo a clicking option or at least speed up that animation by a lot. I find it incredibly annoying.

Also, how do I get rid of the console? I keep hitting the ` key by accident because its right next to the 1 key and the console takes over all inputs.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:05 PM   #4068
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

Quote:
In back to karkand, no joke.

And the engineer has the scar-h and g36c.
Do we get to use Back to Karkand weapons in regular? If we don't I will shoot someone at EA.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:08 PM   #4069
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

I've had to do that a few times myself. I play support quite a lot and very few people have asked me for ammo. This isn't exactly a surprise though, since few people seem to be able to survive past their first mag.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:08 PM   #4070
demo
space cadet

Quote:
yea and C4 for all kit g3 for when everyone on your team doesn't give a crap that 3 tanks are just standing there shooting the objectives.
Yer thats the kit I used for most of the last 12 months in BC2 lol. G3, C4 , M9, magnum ammo, light weight, alternate weapon vehicle perk and ammo box of course.

I miss the jungle/forest maps too, I was hoping there were going to be more.. and the destruction is pretty weak compared to BC2 imo
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:25 PM   #4071
H001iGAN
Orzysz

there is one more thing they need to fix, right now it seems that chainlink fences block all bullets.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:26 PM   #4072
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I dun think so. I've sent rpg's through a fence.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:28 PM   #4073
Mangler
PC

Quote:
I dun think so. I've sent rpg's through a fence.
Some of them do block the bullets, it's pretty annoying.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:35 PM   #4074
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I drop ammo all the time when I play support, I also drop healthkits all the time as assault.

However when I am playing assault nobody ever drops ****ing ammo boxes for me and i'm stuck reverting to my pistol til I find someone to give me goddamn ammo.

Why the hell isn't there "I need ammo!" in commo rose? That request ammo **** doesn't even show up for me anymore.

Quote:
I wasted a lot of ammo trying to snipe through the "Reinforced" fences, only to be ripped apart by some guy on the other side with a LMG and no trouble shooting right through.

What the **** is that all about?

Also retarded... Some windows you have to jump like 8 times to climb through, and the traincars that you can only climb up on to "sometimes".
On Bazaar near the market cap there is a stairway that goes to this balcony area with some small windows. Clearly big enough for a person to get through, you cannot go into them.
I'm all for "non cookiecutter" maps like those in BC2 where it was terrain with standard buildings plopped on the ground but there are so many damn buildings that parts of them cannot be damaged. So you're going to tell me "Frostbite 2" is the more advanced engine that supports "more destruction like we've never seen before" and less things can actually be destroyed. Makes perfect sense.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.

Last edited by _TiTaNiuM : Oct 31, 2011 at 02:39 PM.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:43 PM   #4075
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

Does the target/Q button not have an context use anymore?
Like target players and it asks for ammo/health/"I need a ride"/etc?

I don't use it yet cuz I can't rebind it.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:48 PM   #4076
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I noticed a chainlink fence on Caspian Border blocking my shots down at the highway checkpoint (D). Something else I've noticed a lot in this game is that if you try and inch your way around something like a vehicle and shoot past it, your bullets will be blocked as if you're hitting the object even though you're clearly around it. Has anyone else noticed this happening? It isn't true for every object, but it's amazed me just how many things cause this to happen. I can't believe DICE didn't fine tune this and it's sad for me to see such problems present themselves in a 2011 game.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:51 PM   #4077
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
i just unlocked the ammo resupply medal a couple of matches ago . but yea, you're right, no one really drops ammo. medkits are a bit more common, but still not enough.

have a question... these weapons mostly have 19 unlocks, does anyone know how many kills are required to get them all? highest i have so far is 176 kills with the scar-h and i've unlocked 14/19 for it.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:55 PM   #4078
Mangler
PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
i just unlocked the ammo resupply medal a couple of matches ago . but yea, you're right, no one really drops ammo. medkits are a bit more common, but still not enough.

have a question... these weapons mostly have 19 unlocks, does anyone know how many kills are required to get them all? highest i have so far is 176 kills with the scar-h and i've unlocked 14/19 for it.
Battlelog says 350 kills.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:00 PM   #4079
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Yeh happened to me a few times aswell.. and also, the guy does his stupid autoclimb/vault animation when I just want to jump which is annoying, theres not even an obsitcle to vault over..
Old Oct 31, 2011, 03:05 PM   #4080
H001iGAN
Orzysz

Also sometimes my soldier will get stuck on flat ground, and you have to move around/jump to get loose, also when you're killing someone and they start running and jump over an obstacle they get slingshotted like 10 feet across whatever they were jumping across messing up your aim and getting away.