Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Nov 1, 2015, 09:20 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Qamly
Radeon R520

Qamly is still being judged by the masses

Default Seeya CCC, hello RSCE? (Radeon Software Crimson Edition)

http://www.eteknix.com/goodbye-catal...imson-edition/

Written with Qt, so no more .net is needed I guess.
Jury is still out until we actually play with it.
Qamly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2015, 09:26 PM   #2
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Looks alright actually, hopefully it is quicker to start than CCC :P

Hope this is out soon.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:08 PM   #3
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

looks interesting...
The Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 2, 2015, 02:54 AM   #4
FoxBat
Radeon R520

FoxBat is still being judged by the masses

This reminds me more of Geforce Experience than anything, which isn't a good thing. Hopefully it doesn't run as godawful slow, but I'm not expecting much.
FoxBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 04:45 AM   #5
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBat View Post
This reminds me more of Geforce Experience than anything
was inevitable.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 07:16 AM   #6
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

did they redesign and optimize their drivers from the core???

If true and they are better now then AMD is back in the game!

I will test em out when they get released on my 280x. If they work better for games then I will seriously consider AMD in next gen and not just nvidia by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxBat View Post
This reminds me more of Geforce Experience than anything, which isn't a good thing. Hopefully it doesn't run as godawful slow, but I'm not expecting much.
whats wrong with GFE?
I have used it since release and I think its amazing for video recordning and driver updates and it just keeps getting better

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 07:49 AM   #7
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Looks nice but i'm always "functionality above looks" for exemple that is why i love foobar2000 even tho it lacks in looks, i just hope AMD don't sacrifice functionality for looking pretty. It also seems they are including Raptr functionality on the new software by default, not sure if a good thing but let's wait and see.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 07:49 AM   #8
DarkFoss
Radeon R700

DarkFoss is still being judged by the masses

Looks pretty good,imo. I wonder if you can specify separate fan settings for each card without enabling crossfire ? With the current ccc the dropbox is only available under crossfire. It's the main reason I use afterburner the fan profile works with or without crossfire
Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:29 AM   #9
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:42 AM   #10
DarkFoss
Radeon R700

DarkFoss is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
Nicely done btw
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:35 AM   #11
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
did they redesign and optimize their drivers from the core???

If true and they are better now then AMD is back in the game!

I will test em out when they get released on my 280x. If they work better for games then I will seriously consider AMD in next gen and not just nvidia by default.

whats wrong with GFE?
I have used it since release and I think its amazing for video recordning and driver updates and it just keeps getting better
account email and second program

looks like they have put it all in the driver under one program
if I don't have to use their game settings i'm fine with it if all in the driver

plus
Quote:
Here we see Overdrive, a staple part of CCC. This version looks a lot cleaner and similar to the 3rd party applications such as MSI AfterBurner and ASUS GPU Tweak.
if Overdrive can now do all of msi afterburner monitoring of temps and fps with OSD

now is this the Omega Drivers coming in November ???
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:38 AM   #12
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
now is this the Omega Drivers coming in November ???
Yes. From now on, they will be called Radeon Software + red hue for each year. This year, Crimson.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:49 AM   #13
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
Yes. From now on, they will be called Radeon Software + red hue for each year. This year, Crimson.

fallout 4 in 8 days and star wars in 15 days, we need it soon
Old Nov 2, 2015, 01:12 PM   #14
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Looks like hiring the guy that worked on RadeonPro is about to pay off
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 01:14 PM   #15
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

The Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete strangerThe Mac once held a door open for a complete stranger

AMD didnt hire him, Raptr did.

Rapr is not part of AMD, just a software partner.

John had no part in this design.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 09:59 AM   #16
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mac View Post
looks interesting...
About f-ing time! Most of the Catalyst files still have ATI in the filenames... Goodbye .NET turd.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:04 AM   #17
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

Would be nice if features would expand with:

-more in depth crossfire settings for AFR/AFR2/SFR/Scissor etc ( ie. inspector like);
-official overclocking for the second card in crossfire, I never could overclok my
second GPU (official);
-a working framerate limiter with a wide range 30-144?
-a working dx9 v-synchronisation
-triple buffering in d3d for single GPU's

Less cpu overhead, redifined CFprofiles in dx 9
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:31 AM   #18
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

Most of those things can be done with outside tools.

id rather them focus on getting a streamlined suite than adding a bunch of junk that can already be done with other programs.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:38 AM   #19
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

Well, for me this junk are basic features I need daily and I rather have them in one app instead of running several extra proggy's.
And I rather see them focussing on these then social media integration.

It's increadable what a program as inspector can do, and in combination with an active community providing SLI- and AA profiles it improves gameplay and -quality significantly. (Offcourse this is the creme de la creme niché world )

Last edited by Skinner : Nov 3, 2015 at 11:50 AM.
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:20 PM   #20
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

there is no social media integration, its just button links on the bottom of the screen.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 02:35 PM   #21
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Goodbye .NET turd.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 03:42 PM   #22
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

CCC was always terrible. Hard to say if this will be any better until we try it though.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2015, 01:56 PM   #23
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

with BO3, FO4 and Battlefront coming, can we expect drivers......soon?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 02:19 PM   #24
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

hopefully beofre F04.

If it still uses that crap gamebryo engine, its going to hitch like a mother****er day1...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 08:14 PM   #25
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mac View Post
hopefully beofre F04.

If it still uses that crap gamebryo engine, its going to hitch like a mother****er day1...
I never had a big problem with hitching and F3 and less with FNV, maybe as I was on 1600p and already on the slow side even with cf

I'm more worried about cfx/sli and 4k performance

don't know if a single fury x will do 4k or if my two 980's will in sli

I would buy a second fury x now if I knew cfx was working
Old Nov 5, 2015, 03:03 AM   #26
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Nov 5, 2015, 05:31 AM   #27
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

24th, so does that mean no drivers for FO4?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 06:34 AM   #28
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Probably, it is amd afterall
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 08:19 AM   #29
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They'll probably have driver out before that date, not having a driver out on day one for a gaming evolved title(Battlefront) would be strange.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2015, 10:22 AM   #30
The Mac
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
24th, so does that mean no drivers for FO4?
you are assuming it needs one.

Maybe it doesnt.