Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:28 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Default Crimson Sea 2

AH WHY is it a ****ing ps2 exclusive... sony is ****ing smart take the best game ever and make the second installment exclusive to ps2! What now.. NOW I MUST BUY A FRICKING PS2
and theres 3 2-player modes now ****ing incredible
Im very sad now

Quote:
CRIMSON SEA 2 BEGINS TO STIR FEAR AND TENSION

KOEI Announces Sequel Exclusively for the PlayStation 2 Computer Entertainment System

Burlingame, CA - January 12, 2004 - KOEI, recognized as the premier brand of console strategy and action games, today announced that it is publishing CRIMSON SEA 2 exclusively for the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. The action-adventure game will ship to North American retailers on March 30, 2004.

"The excitement of Crimson Sea 2 modulates between heart-pounding action and eerie suspense. The visual effects are amazingly vibrant. The sound effects and music build tension. The game worlds are strange yet beautiful. You never know where or when the enemy will appear. The realism of the environments and the intensity of the situations in Crimson Sea 2 go well beyond the original in its ability to enthrall players," said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales & Marketing for KOEI Corporation. "By bringing CRIMSON SEA 2 to the PlayStation 2 we are making the experience available to a wider audience."

About CRIMSON SEA 2

Millions of light years away in the star system Theophilus, an unknown evil threatened mankind, an evil defeated by Sho- a rare human alien hybrid known as a "Vipa," and the game's main character. However, that was only the beginning. Taking place two years after the events of the original Crimson Sea, CRIMSON SEA 2 sees the IAG - the agency charged with the protection of the galaxy -in a state of near-collapse. Still reeling from a massive surprise attack, IAG Commander, Live-D organizes the remaining forces along with a rag-tag team of mercenaries and survivors. Sho's old friends from G-Squad are dispersed to different areas of the galaxy, but in light of the devastation, Sho searches for more help.

More help comes in the form of a new playable character and three new modes of play! The original Crimson Sea was known for its girls with guns, and a voluptuous commander who called all the shots. CRIMSON SEA 2 introduces a new femme fatale in Feanay, a "Vipa" with her own unique Neo-Psionic powers. During the game, fulfilling certain conditions lets players switch between Sho and Feanay, unlocking new character-specific missions.

In addition to the main single player game, CRIMSON SEA 2 now includes 3 two-player modes. Players can work together to bring down an enemy and clear a stage in "Co-op" mode, battle head-to-head "death match" style in "Versus" mode, or try to outscore their human opponent in "Competition" mode.

With non-linear game progression and over 60 different missions, players can choose from among several missions created for each stage. Players may be asked to penetrate an enemy stronghold and gather intelligence, or rescue a stranded dignitary. Even after declining a mission, the player can still develop a character's attributes and weapons while exploring a stage. This allows the player to later accept a mission that was previously too difficult to complete.

Along with a variety of new weapons and effects, CRIMSON SEA 2 also features a series of enhanced Neo-Psionic attacks- deadly energy waves that change the tide of battle in a single move. By combining various weapons and Neo-Psionic techniques, a player can attack hundreds of enemies in a minute and achieve a thousand hit combos.

With the introduction of new characters, modes of play, and an expanded story, CRIMSON SEA 2 will transport gamers into a fantastic world filled with fear and tension. Gamers will be seized by premonitions of looming danger. The deafening sounds of a stuttering heartbeat, and the eerie hum of distant machines will serve as a prelude to the impending alien onslaught and ballet of bullets.

Developed by KOEI Co, Ltd, CRIMSON SEA 2 is exclusive to the PlayStation 2 and is produced by Kou Shibusawa, who's previous credits include: the Romance of the Three Kingdoms® series, the Nobunaga's Ambition? series, the Winning Post? series, the P.T.O.? series, and the Kessen? series. CRIMSON SEA 2 is an action-adventure game for 1-2 Players, supports Dolby Pro Logic II sound, and is rated "RP" (Rating Pending) by the ESRB. Additional information about CRIMSON SEA 2 will soon be available at koei.com.

Crimson Sea, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Nobunaga's Ambition, Winning Post, P.T.O., Kessen, Dynasty Warriors, and the KOEI logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of KOEI Co., Ltd. in Japan and/or other countries. ®2004 KOEI Co., Ltd. All rights reserved. All other titles are trademarks of their respective owners. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Dolby, Pro Logic, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2004, 12:39 AM   #2
Decado
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Decado is still being judged by the masses

Koei's making it a PS2 exclusive because they actually want it to sell (not that I think this will change the franchises fortunes drastically). Duh.

All in all I'd rather see them bring over Nobunaga's Ambition rather than the three millionth action game...not to mention one that looks decidedly similar to Koei's own Mystical Heroes, Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors etc. franchises
768 MB DDR PC2700 RAM
40 Gig Maxtor 7200 RPM HD
SBVive! Value
NEC DVD-R/RW
Ricoh CD-R/RW
Win. XP HE
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:59 AM   #3
adam cool dude
Payne To The Max

Location: United Kingdom, Buckingham Palace for weekend parties
adam cool dude is still being judged by the masses

What else do you expect. Japanese Support is wearing thin now for xbox and from incredibly poor sales in Japan (Last few weeks both PS2 and Gamecube have been selling 200-150k compared to 1-2k) I doubt your gonna get much japanese software support anymore. In the end unless the exclusives can sell theres no point from a profiting point of view keeping it on that console.

PC:MSI K8N Neo Plat ,AMD 64 [email protected],Asus Star ice cooler, 1024mb OCZ 3700 EB 245mhz 2-5-2-2, Western Digital Raptor 74GB HD, Safire X800 Pro vivo(16 pipes)@XT-PE, Hercules Fortisimo III 7.1 Antec Case + True Power 431 watt, Logitech MX700 + Logitech wireless keyboard, 2x17" monitors, Logitech 5.1 speakers, Win XP Corp.

Second Hand PC parts:P4 1.6ghz [email protected] 3.6ghz(No hyper-threading), Zalman Ultra Cooler, Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024mb Corsair TwinX PC4400 @300mhz, Volt modded Asus Radeon 9800 XT 450/500, 120GB Generic HD, Onboard Sound, Cheapy Speakers, 19" Generic Silver Monitor, Generic Keyboard + Logitech MX510, Win XP Corp.
adam cool dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 14, 2004, 05:39 AM   #4
GBZeuS
Radeon R600

GBZeuS is still being judged by the masses

I think you need to work on constructing sentances.
GBZeuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2004, 08:08 AM   #5
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Thats what happens. If you don't do well in japan your not going to get japanese devloper support. And the X-Box really doesn't appeal to them at all. The systems huge and the games are not there style *shrug*

Personally Iam happy because I have a PS2 but if I had an X-Box I would be bummed out :\

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit

Last edited by Trunks0 : Jan 14, 2004 at 08:11 AM.
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote