Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:09 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaquada View Post
Feel free to direct me to some WW2 games that sold very well last year for PC an have a online community.
I dont think we can, which I'm sure will make you very happy.

Incidently, its also why everyone want to see BF1942 2. Its about time for a new WWII game.

Another reason is because the PC crowd got SHAFTED with BF1943. For the console, EA named it best selling downloadable, ever.
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2010, 04:55 AM   #122
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Half the fun i had in Far Cry 2 was with the Bolt Action rifle... sure it wasn't ww2 but it was still a damn goode gun!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:47 AM   #123
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I dont quite know what happened with BF1943 on the PC.

Anyway, my brother downloaded it on the PS3 and it looking blinkin terrible, so im not all that bothered that the PC didnt get a look in.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:22 AM   #124
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I dont quite know what happened with BF1943 on the PC.

Anyway, my brother downloaded it on the PS3 and it looking blinkin terrible, so im not all that bothered that the PC didnt get a look in.
It's up for pre-order at the EA store, so it looks like we will be getting bf1943 as well.
http://eastore.ea.com/store?Action=D...pingCartPag e
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2010, 06:25 PM   #125
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

I played a bit of FH2 yesterday for the first time in many moons. Having to advance slowly from cover to cover and actually cower from the rumbling of armor is refreshing. It's muy more immersive and fun when there are consequences to your actions. In plain BF2, getting killed doesn't matter 'cause you can generally reappear a few seconds later in the same spot and so just spam enemy tanks to death in short order. Which is silly and boring.
Old Aug 15, 2010, 11:27 PM   #126
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric View Post
I played a bit of FH2 yesterday for the first time in many moons. Having to advance slowly from cover to cover and actually cower from the rumbling of armor is refreshing. It's muy more immersive and fun when there are consequences to your actions. In plain BF2, getting killed doesn't matter 'cause you can generally reappear a few seconds later in the same spot and so just spam enemy tanks to death in short order. Which is silly and boring.

Whats the current spawn mechanic in FH2?

I used to play POE2 and FH2 (and there was 1 other big BF2 mod i forget atm) but this was a very long time ago.

Loved BF2 mods.
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2010, 06:59 PM   #127
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

You can start on a fireteam leader but the delays tend to be longer and kit selection cannot be exploited to counter what is immediately needed 'cause some kits are limited and others are exclusively 'find and pick-up'. Also, none of that miraculous medic or unlimited ammo schtuff.

Another plus to FH2 is that dickish players are rare. It's a different mindset.

Other mods include Project Reality and AIX.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 05:11 AM   #128
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

First videos should arrive at the start of March. DICE has some kind of a technology conference and BF3 videos will be supposedly shown.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 06:17 AM   #129
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

I'm preparing myself for some pretty watered down gameplay.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:52 AM   #130
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaquada View Post
Seriously you guys im talking about in-****ing-game. Noones talking IRL, this is a game thread. A plane in BF1942 was a ****ing snail compared to a plane in BF2.
And what was the single most common complaint about BF2?

Oh that's right: The ****ing planes.

The BF1942 planes where far better because they worked on all levels. Bombing took skill, dogfighting was fun and you could actually shoot them down with small arms fire (or better, AA guns).

The laser shooting carpet bombing invincible death machines that was the BF2 planes where a ****ing disgrace to gaming balance.

Unfortunetly I have no illusions of BF3 being a true sequel to BF1942. They will no doubt milk and milk modern warfare until its dull and boring... Then they'll release another modern warfare game just to top it off.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:54 AM   #131
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
I'm preparing myself for some pretty watered down gameplay.
All I am hoping for is BC2 but on a larger scale with more vehicles and players. If they can at least do that I'll be happy.

However, it IS coming to consoles as well. I won't hold my breath.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:02 AM   #132
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
All I am hoping for is BC2 but on a larger scale with more vehicles and players. If they can at least do that I'll be happy.
+1

BC2 with new/more weapons and factions on much larger maps with more vehicles & players

When I say more vehicles though I don't mean 10 tanks per team, but maybe 5 or 6 hummers, a couple armoured transport vehicles, a light tank or 2, 1 heavy tank and a few choppers (2 transport and 1 attack imo) throw a few quad bikes, boats and jet skies in aswell for good measure.

I think light vehicles are better for gameplay and heavies should be something worth protecting.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:12 AM   #133
BobbyRPI2712
Radeon Arctic Islands

BobbyRPI2712 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
And what was the single most common complaint about BF2?

Oh that's right: The ****ing planes.

The BF1942 planes where far better because they worked on all levels. Bombing took skill, dogfighting was fun and you could actually shoot them down with small arms fire (or better, AA guns).

The laser shooting carpet bombing invincible death machines that was the BF2 planes where a ****ing disgrace to gaming balance.

UnfortunatelyI have no illusions of BF3 being a true sequel to BF1942. They will no doubt milk and milk modern warfare until its dull and boring... Then they'll release another modern warfare game just to top it off.
Spot on. The reason BF1942 worked so well was because it was very balanced. Lots of tanks floating around? Planes could handle them. Lots of plans? AA and infantry could handle them. Lots of infantry? Tanks and vehicles could handle them.

The only BF game I ever flew in was BF1942 because you didn't get from one side of the map to the other in 1 second. You could actually plan a route, and do a bombing run. Even better, the people on the ground could see it and try to prevent it.

I hope BF3 is WW2 as well.

BobbyRPI2712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:27 AM   #134
aop
Radeon Caribbean Islands

aop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete strangeraop once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have enjoyed BFBC2 much more than BF2 because it has been balanced much better. BF2 has absolutely overpowered planes that can't be shot down by any infantry class. Helos in BFCB2 take one rocket or missile to down but in BF2 planes and helos take multiple missiles to down and they get repaired by flying over friendly airfield couple a times.

BF2 is simply one of the worst balanced multiplayer games I have ever played.
aop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 01:33 PM   #135
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

bigtabs is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by aop View Post
I played competitively for a while and the majority took the AT class in those games. In pubs you'd see a reasonable majority as medic but not to a massive extent that it wrecked the game.

Jets were always the big OP problem with BF2 (the rest were addressed after some patches), but even then the game was very enjoyable. I'd leave it much as it was but give a little more thought into anti plane weapons. TBH I don't see a problem with an uneven playing field, as long as the sides switch on the same map before map change. A few more looks into spawn camping and perhaps a queuing system for desirable assets might be worth it... maybe.

Last edited by bigtabs : Dec 4, 2010 at 01:36 PM.
bigtabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 02:55 PM   #136
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by aop View Post
Agreed, I hated BF2, just thought the infantry was off myself and that is the most important thing to me. BC2 is BF2 done right except it's gimped by tight maps imo..
Old Dec 4, 2010, 04:45 PM   #137
SoulFly
Radeon R300

SoulFly is still being judged by the masses

i preferred BF 2142 Titan maps. Though now i just play MAG. 256 players > 64
SoulFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 05:54 PM   #138
phial
no things

phial is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Double damn't.

Don't they know all they have to do is remake BF1942 *exactly* as it was, just with updated graphics and they will sell millions? Ugh...
quoted for truth.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 06:19 PM   #139
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

I hope they actually put it some working hit boxes in this one...
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 08:27 PM   #140
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

so, from purely game play stand point, modern warfare sux... could this possibly work with even older settings than WW1/2?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 05:26 AM   #141
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

bigtabs is still being judged by the masses

Try Mount and Blade Warband and see for yourself. Not my cup of tea but some like it.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 07:17 AM   #142
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Warband rocks, it is an awesome game.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 08:47 AM   #143
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
so, from purely game play stand point, modern warfare sux... could this possibly work with even older settings than WW1/2?
Not quite, no. The problem is the Battlefield vehicle motto: Land, sea and air.

If you go back to WWI, you got very nice air (biplanes FTW!), but the sea aspect is basicly exclusive (just battleships and cruisers vs each other, no islands, no planes) and the land aspect would be... weak. The vehicles of WWI just wasnt up to spec for combat. One would have to go to extreme unrealism to make it work for the masses, which would be a mistake. Yeah I know Battlefield is anything but realistic, but at least its believable. Seeing a WWI tank zip around on an island while a battleship bombards it and a biplane stuka bombs you would not be believable.

WWII is pretty much as far back as you can go for a true Battlefield game.

But then on the other hand, it would be pretty neat to see phalanxes storm a flag while a chariot charges in from behind and a trireme tosses in fireballs
Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:36 AM   #144
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That was actually what I meant. Anything besides WW1/2 and the modern gun. Maybe some Indians vs Colonists, Tribal war, Civil war.. with faster reloads of course..
Old Dec 5, 2010, 09:58 PM   #145
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

While it would be interesting to see no one would ever play them. I would like to see a proper WW1 game though. I've played WW1 BF mods, but they aren't the same.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:56 PM   #146
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

I'd love to see a combination of Battlefield and M&B: Warband!!
Old Jan 5, 2011, 08:58 AM   #147
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

So a bit of news on Battlefield 3:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/04/ba...on-windows-xp/

DirectX 11, XP not supported, and 64bit OS recommended. Finally some progress?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 09:10 AM   #148
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Yeah but the tweet of saying "lots of time to upgrade if you havent" doesnt sound very encouraging if one was hoping to have it sometime this year. Then again i dont know what the expected ETA was so late year or later release is probably more realistic.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2011, 09:12 AM   #149
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

My guess is a holiday 2011 release.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 09:12 AM   #150
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Yeah but the tweet of saying "lots of time to upgrade if you havent" doesnt sound very encouraging if one was hoping to have it sometime this year. Then again i dont know what the expected ETA was so late year or later release is probably more realistic.
it'll be out this year. they need a product to compete with this year's call of duty game.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote