Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 16, 2020, 05:26 PM   #811
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

You guys are probably sick of me saying how great it works for me... but mine updated without a hitch. The MS Gods must be loving me
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 09:31 PM   #812
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

A response to my question to MS about my CTD issues:
Hi JZL,

Microsoft Flight Simulator requires an Xbox Live Account to start even on Steam.

Please follow the previous instructions.

Best regards.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team
I didn't recall ever hearing about this. I never had an Xbox so I never had such an account. Is there anyone one else who bought and runs this off Steam who has had to do this?

Xbox live has it in for Seattle International Airport?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 10:09 PM   #813
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
A response to my question to MS about my CTD issues:
Hi JZL,

Microsoft Flight Simulator requires an Xbox Live Account to start even on Steam.

Please follow the previous instructions.

Best regards.
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team
I didn't recall ever hearing about this. I never had an Xbox so I never had such an account. Is there anyone one else who bought and runs this off Steam who has had to do this?

Xbox live has it in for Seattle International Airport?
I had to create or login to my xbox account during the install, and I bought it thru steam, and it logs in to my account every time I play..

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:39 PM   #814
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Well I'm happy to report that the 747 autopilot is still as broken and screwed up as ever and the vertical speed on the plane still doesn't work correctly.

I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the 787 but I doubt it, it appears this patch fixed NOTHING I needed fixed. Ugh...

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Sep 16, 2020 at 11:45 PM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:10 AM   #815
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Well I'm happy to report that the 747 autopilot is still as broken and screwed up as ever and the vertical speed on the plane still doesn't work correctly.

I'm hoping I'll have better luck with the 787 but I doubt it, it appears this patch fixed NOTHING I needed fixed. Ugh...
Well the wind isn't stuck at 3 knots anymore. It used to always report 3 knots no matter weather and your altitude. It seems to be using the weather now. It looks like the fixed the TBM 930 a little too much as now it accurately pulls fuel from one tank at a time and warns you inflight when imbalance occurs. Awesome! Except the fuel selector is bugged and doesn't move until like 30 seconds from when you tried to move it. Depending on how many clicks, you can accidently end up turning off fuel which means restarting the engine while in the air, assuming you can get the fuel switch back to one of the tanks with fuel in it. Makes for some exciting inflight action in what would have been a pretty routine flight otherwise. LOL...
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:23 AM   #816
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Well the wind isn't stuck at 3 knots anymore. It used to always report 3 knots no matter weather and your altitude. It seems to be using the weather now. It looks like the fixed the TBM 930 a little too much as now it accurately pulls fuel from one tank at a time and warns you inflight when imbalance occurs. Awesome! Except the fuel selector is bugged and doesn't move until like 30 seconds from when you tried to move it. Depending on how many clicks, you can accidently end up turning off fuel which means restarting the engine while in the air, assuming you can get the fuel switch back to one of the tanks with fuel in it. Makes for some exciting inflight action in what would have been a pretty routine flight otherwise. LOL...
Haven't tested the A-320 yet, but I'm reading on reddit that this patch broke the plane. The engines randomly turn off in mid air now. Fantastic, that was the one airliner that mostly worked and now they borked it.

EDIT: A-320 now has multiple issues it never had before, not just the random engine shutdown. There is a huge megathread about it on the official FS forums. GG M$.

And no, they didn't fix the wind. A post I found with a good example;

Quote:
Live Weather still isn’t fixed. It occasionally works, but then inexplicably stops.

KMGM montgomery, alabama is showing winds 104 at 5 kts on the world map menu. When loaded into the sim the in cockpit wind shows that direction at 1kt in the Cessna 208.

Aviationweather.gov 1 metar shows current weather conditions at KMGM as 040 at 24kts gusting 36kts and within a hurricane/tropical storm.
Sounds about right, considering I flew over what should have been a heavy thunderstorm just a few minutes ago and it was clear skies even with live weather active...

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Sep 17, 2020 at 01:28 AM.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 09:16 AM   #817
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Haven't tested the A-320 yet, but I'm reading on reddit that this patch broke the plane. The engines randomly turn off in mid air now. Fantastic, that was the one airliner that mostly worked and now they borked it.

EDIT: A-320 now has multiple issues it never had before, not just the random engine shutdown. There is a huge megathread about it on the official FS forums. GG M$.

And no, they didn't fix the wind. A post I found with a good example;

Sounds about right, considering I flew over what should have been a heavy thunderstorm just a few minutes ago and it was clear skies even with live weather active...
No, haven’t tried airliners. There were a lot of fixes listed. Probably won’t fly those until a few more patches. I am not sure how accurate the wind is compared to live weather. But, at least it isn’t stuck at 3 knots no matter where you go.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:20 AM   #818
xCLAVEx
Not gone

I pretty much only fly airliners so them not working is a pretty big deal for me.

General consensus is the patch is an overall failure. It fixed a few minor problems and introduced a ton of new ones. Reports of people ctd that hadn't crashed before, strange graphical glitches starting to appear where they weren't before. Multiple reports of bugs in planes that weren't there before (such as the A320 being ruined by new patch). There's a huge list of the new problems (and more popping up as people try it out longer) over on reddit, steam forums, and ms official forums.

I was stoked about this new patch and excitedly hoped it would finally fix the AP issues, but instead it not only didn't fix the AP but it made things worse.

Hopefully the next patch actually fixes things.

Old Sep 17, 2020, 01:00 PM   #819
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Part of the issue with the new patch is far too many people still using 3rd party mods from the previous version, that were designed to do things that have now been modified by the core sim, and wondering why it's unstable now. There are many less vocal users that are not encountering many of the issues you see on reddit and the MSFS forums. After reading all the horror stories about the A320 I did a few multi hour flights, and outside the CSTR button for the Nav Display not doing anything, I didn't experience any new issues.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2020, 01:05 PM   #820
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin View Post
Part of the issue with the new patch is far too many people still using 3rd party mods from the previous version, that were designed to do things that have now been modified by the core sim, and wondering why it's unstable now. There are many less vocal users that are not encountering many of the issues you see on reddit and the MSFS forums. After reading all the horror stories about the A320 I did a few multi hour flights, and outside the CSTR button for the Nav Display not doing anything, I didn't experience any new issues.
Those less vocal users are GA and VFR fliers mostly. Those were known to be less buggy and work fairly well. The loudest complaints are the same as they were before, with AP, Jetliners/Airliners, and IFR. This hasn't changed so for those of us that prefer the jets, this patch actually made things worse while fixing nothing.

Old Sep 17, 2020, 03:17 PM   #821
Sabadin
Radeon R520

Sabadin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
The loudest complaints are the same as they were before, with AP, Jetliners/Airliners, and IFR. This hasn't changed so for those of us that prefer the jets, this patch actually made things worse while fixing nothing.
This is where I can see both sides, clearly there's a large amount of people experiencing these issues. And while I can't speak the 787, I can agree the 747 FMC/AP leaves much to be desired, but A320 has been damned near flawless for me in terms of working as advertised. Never experienced any of the system/engine/AP concerns in over 40 hours using it. Even the left engine issue that's such a hot topic right now has not popped up after multiple 2+hour flights with the new patch. In my experience as the aircraft get more complex, the number of reported issues starts beoming more of a balance between programming errors and user error/unfamiliarity.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2020, 01:01 AM   #822
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thanks to the MS forums, I did figure out how to switch fuel tanks on the TBM. The trick is to use the mouse wheel, not click. Had me fooled.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:10 AM   #823
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Just flew off Niagra Falls which looks terrible then tried to fly under a bridge which appears to be a problem in the sim i.e. i've not found a bridge that allows you to fly under no matter how much clearance.

43.068213, -79.027408
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:12 AM   #824
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:15 AM   #825
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I had to create or login to my xbox account during the install, and I bought it thru steam, and it logs in to my account every time I play..
Hmm. I didn't have to. Are you paying the monthly fee for the pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Just flew off Niagra Falls which looks terrible then tried to fly under a bridge which appears to be a problem in the sim i.e. i've not found a bridge that allows you to fly under no matter how much clearance.

43.068213, -79.027408
iirc, the bridges across the Missouri River near KC Downtown looked like sh1t, but it was dusk.